Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I recently read a study on soccer players that demonstrated that they had much higher levels of brain cell damage which was believed to be caused by heading the ball often.

Taking pucks off the mask seems like it would have a similar level of impact.

For a young player who’s already had a concussion that was further exacerbated by flying shortly after, things don’t look great for Demko.

Hate to see stuff like this because head/brain issues go way beyond just hockey, it’s life altering stuff.

Not trying to sound all doom and gloom for Demko, I’m confident he can recover from this, but it’s something that can get worse and worse with every new incident so I hope that he can avoid future issues.

Reactions: DFAC and vanuck

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Any word on Edler? When he presented Burrows with the present from the team, he looked okay walking-wise. His injury has been veiled in mystery - can't remember how it happened this last time.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Any word on Edler? When he presented Burrows with the present from the team, he looked okay walking-wise. His injury has been veiled in mystery - can't remember how it happened this last time.
Another week for Edler was mentioned on the broadcast last night. Also mentioned Motte was skating.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Combo injury this time: crushed testicle and stiff ankle hair from wearing socks for too long

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Canucks miss Edler dearly - its no surprise the team is sliding without him

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
So that’s the first thing came up in your mind? Cool

Obviously it's awful for him personally, and for the team as he's been one of the best assets on the Canucks due to his on-ice play and favourable contracts (on a team full on just horrific contracts). But you have to look at it from a long term perspective of what is best for the team, which in my opinion is maximizing value on assets, especially if we fall far outside of the playoff picture before the deadline. Can't have another Hamhuis/Vanek/Vrbata situation where we get absolutely **** all.

Reactions: vanuck

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Poor Leivo. There was an official looking right at the play but nothing was called, not even interference, since Leivo didn't have the puck yet. It's not just that it happened to one of our own players, it's the principal of protecting players in a vulnerable position. And that means all players.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Obviously it's awful for him personally, and for the team as he's been one of the best assets on the Canucks due to his on-ice play and favourable contracts (on a team full on just horrific contracts). But you have to look at it from a long term perspective of what is best for the team, which in my opinion is maximizing value on assets, especially if we fall far outside of the playoff picture before the deadline. Can't have another Hamhuis/Vanek/Vrbata situation where we get absolutely **** all.
Alright then, but not in this thread cmon.

Sanctimonious
So be it

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
My brother shattered his knee cap in 6 pieces last month after being hit by a car on his bicycle. Leivo is in for a rough recovery from what I’ve seen with my brother

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Snake bite while grabbing crackers.

I doubt we see him much in a Canucks uniform ever again. Noggin is scrambled eggs.

Rotoworld was no help calling him a goaltender, 'the 27 year old goaltender missed 17 games...' :laugh:

Rotowire is predicting for around january 4th he'll be back or probably re evaluated in his case I imagine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad