Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Does anybody know what happened with Jay beagle?
I only know what I'm told.

YNnq347.png

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Precisely what we thought..Sutters groin...Evaluated in a week?...Thats not mild...He was plagued by groin issues for most of last year, which rendered him totally ineffective...

Hopefully he can recover from this.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
When it rains, it pours.

Well he was seen walking with a limp but he's going to play tonight.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
5 players out but overall it’s not any of their top players. Markstrom, top 4 D, Petey, Bo, Brock, Miller.
Roussell, Sutter, Ferland, Beagle, Motte. Ferland is the only borderline top 6 guy of the group out.

can’t be using injuries as an excuse.

C depth from Utica is an issue. After Gaudette there’s not much to call up.

Reactions: vanuck

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
5 players out but overall it’s not any of their top players. Markstrom, top 4 D, Petey, Bo, Brock, Miller.
Roussell, Sutter, Ferland, Beagle, Motte. Ferland is the only borderline top 6 guy of the group out.

can’t be using injuries as an excuse.

C depth from Utica is an issue. After Gaudette there’s not much to call up.

Excuse is a bit of a strong term, but I don't think you can discount Sutter and Beagle's absences from the lineup. It's meant that they're riding Horvat like a rented mule the past few games, which has affected top6 scoring. Not to mention the disruption to our PK.

I guess what I'm saying is that both of those players are important, especially since their our 2 bottom 6 centers.

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
Excuse is a bit of a strong term, but I don't think you can discount Sutter and Beagle's absences from the lineup. It's meant that they're riding Horvat like a rented mule the past few games, which has affected top6 scoring. Not to mention the disruption to our PK.

I guess what I'm saying is that both of those players are important, especially since their our 2 bottom 6 centers.
Yeah, I agree. Last year it caused the same issues. I think one of those centers going out should be fine but both becomes a problem.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Multiple injuries at the same position always hurt. Canucks don't have another Defensive C option anywhere at the pro level. None of the other bottom 6 wingers can play C.

But, in terms of which guys you didn't want to get hurt, the Canucks have been very healthy this year with their top end players.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Multiple injuries at the same position always hurt. Canucks don't have another Defensive C option anywhere at the pro level. None of the other bottom 6 wingers can play C.

But, in terms of which guys you didn't want to get hurt, the Canucks have been very healthy this year with their top end players.

We're pretty much missing our entire bottom six with Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, Motte and Ferland out.

It's pretty devastating considering that they would take the majority of defensive zone starts and PK duties which are now relegated to Horvat exclusively

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
We're pretty much missing our entire bottom six with Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, Motte and Ferland out.

It's pretty devastating considering that they would take the majority of defensive zone starts and PK duties which are now relegated to Horvat exclusively

Not really, we have so many bottom six player half of them are redundant: Sutter/Beagle, Roussel/Ferland, Gaudette/Goldobin, Motte/Leivo, Eriksson/Schaller, Baerstchi/Virtanen, MacEwan/Graovic. The Canucks have to be the top team in the league for being able to soak up bottom six injuries.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-alexander-edler-suffers-injury-did-not-return-1.1402658

Edler may have suffered the injury when Capitals' forward Travis Boyd's skate came up and hit the 33-year old Edler in the right arm following a collision.

That doesn't sound good. Was it cut with the skate? Missed the game so not sure what happened.

It looked like the skate. Skate cut would be much better than a broken arm, we'll have to wait and see. Kind of annoying we have no updates or timelines now on Sutter, Ferland, and Beagle. They are being somewhat vague on Roussel as well but hopefully he returns soon.

Reactions: supercanuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In the absence of any updates (when are there ever any updates?), I'm guessing Edler might be out awhile. So it's 'Fantanberg time'. I wonder how the pairings will shake down?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Does anybody know what happened with Jay beagle?
According to Jeff Paterson, Beagle is dealing with a lingering 'hip issue'. Reports out of Washington indicate that this was a chronic injury he was dealing with when he played with the Caps.....which could explain why they were reluctant to sign after their Cup winning season.

But that didn't stop Jimbo from biting on a 33-year center who may or may not have some sort of lingering hip problem. But it makes you wonder. Ferland arrived in town with a concussion history apparently, which might be the reason why he wasn't signed until later in the free agency period. And Roussel also arrived in VanCity last year with a lingering concussion history, which caused him to miss games early in the season.

And going back as few seasons, both Sutter and Gudbranson arrived with an injury history. Sutter with hernia problems that eventually resulted in sports hernia surgery on both hips. And Gudbranson had a history of shoulder and wrist problems.

And it really makes you start to wonder about Eriksson, who's skating has basically fallen off a cliff. Maybe there's something we don't know about?

So the question has to be asked, and would like the opinion of other posters. Do the Canucks do their 'due diligence' on these players and have they rolled the dice too often on 'damaged goods' when it comes to trades and free agency?

Reactions: cc and timw33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->