Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My brother shattered his knee cap in 6 pieces last month after being hit by a car on his bicycle. Leivo is in for a rough recovery from what I’ve seen with my brother
Feel bad for your brother, but there's a big difference between a 'shattered' and 'fractured kneecap'. I fractured my own kneecap playing beer league hockey, and the recovery time shouldn't be more than two months. Once the cast if off, he should be back on skates pretty quick. Fortunately there was no ligament damage, which often accompanies a dislocated or fractured knee.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
What is the Mikey Ferland status boys?

Im quiet disappointed in Ferlund thus far, not the player, his points, his contract or his impact but just the situation. I really had hopes he was gonna come in and be a straw that stirs the drink 2nd-3rd line player but all these injuries have completely derailed everything. I’m holding out hope he returns and is that guy

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
Am I the only one that hears/reads that and fears a concussion? There was a play in the LA game where he "avoided" a knee to head collision.Probably not the case but...

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
These sutter and ferland injuries are strange. Both players have been “ close “ for weeks. Continue to practice and skate .. yet no timetable

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These sutter and ferland injuries are strange. Both players have been “ close “ for weeks. Continue to practice and skate .. yet no timetable
I guess the Canucks are entitled to embargo information about injuries, since every team in the NHL does it. But regarding Ferland and Sutter, the 'information' or 'spin' has almost become disingenuous.

Everybody knew after watching Sutter pull up lame while trying to push off with nobody around him, that it was probably his groin acting up again. And Ferland, who was officially in concussion protocol earlier this year, is apparently is back in purgatory after playing only a couple of games. Everybody knows it's concussion related, but all the Canucks will say is that it's an 'upper body injury'.

Frankly it's a little ridiculous. But since the Canucks are winning without these guys, I guess nobody is really all that concerned.

Reactions: lindgren

Buzz Gunderson

Jan 2, 2020
I guess the Canucks are entitled to embargo information about injuries, since every team in the NHL does it. But regarding Ferland and Sutter, the 'information' or 'spin' has almost become disingenuous.

Everybody knew after watching Sutter pull up lame while trying to push off with nobody around him, that it was probably his groin acting up again. And Ferland, who was officially in concussion protocol earlier this year, is apparently is back in purgatory after playing only a couple of games. Everybody knows it's concussion related, but all the Canucks will say is that it's an 'upper body injury'.

Frankly it's a little ridiculous. But since the Canucks are winning without these guys, I guess nobody is really all that concerned.
It would be nice to have Sutter and Ferland healthy. If nothing else to bounce Eriksson and Schaller out of the lineup. Those two guys are slugs.

Reactions: ddawg1950

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
any news on brandon sutter? teams been hush hush since.
All I hope for is for Sutter to stay healthy for maybe get into the last 20 games so they can interest some other team and finally move on from him this off-season. It would be great if they could dangle him at this year's trade deadline, but with his salary and injury history, that ain't happening.

It's been so long since he's played even half an NHL season; and has been off skates and out of game action for so long; I'm just not convinced he'll deliver much even if he was in the lineup.

For better or worse, Adam Gaudette is the third line center they have to go with. He's the future and needs to play.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
When is Ferland and Sutter back?

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Ferland
Roussel Gaudette Virtanen
Motte Sutter Leivo

I just want Beagle, Schaller and Eriksson to never dress again. Beagle is ALWAYS on the ice when the other team scores.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
If Ferland has been out this long already with a concussion, then received another concussion after he returns... that really doesn't spell success for his prognosis going forward.

I hope he makes a smart decision about his health because TBI's are no joke and there's more to life than playing hockey

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Ferland has been out this long already with a concussion, then received another concussion after he returns... that really doesn't spell success for his prognosis going forward.

I hope he makes a smart decision about his health because TBI's are no joke and there's more to life than playing hockey
That's the thing with concussions. He will likely pass concussion protocol at some point in 2020. But, then the decision is how much risk does he wish to assume with his health? Come back and hope you don't get another one but if you do, you could end up on LTIR with symptoms for the final 3 years of the contract or longer. Those symptoms come and go. Feel fine for a few days then not so good for a day or two. Would suck the enjoyment out of life. He's already missed 30 games so far and counting.

We thought the same with Sven after last season, yet he came back again. So far so good for him this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad