Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Given that they opted to recall Mikey D instead of MacIntyre, sounds like Green has decided that Marky will play the weekend back to back already. 4 games in 6 nights for Marky.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I hope this latest concussion for Demko didn't happen because of his propensity for heading pucks down with his mask.....I know he does this often, but you always wonder about it.

Not sure if it's a co-incidence or not, but Benning announcing the Canucks determination to re-sign Markstom this off-season or even before.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I mean what the f***. You can get a random shot off the mask in practice but how careless can you be...

And Loui eeps finding ways to drag the team down, as if his play and contact weren't enough.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
That's the second one he has gotten from a Canucks practice. I can't recall him having any before that.

Really sucks.

Adds a little more to the keep Markstrom vs keep Demko debate. Before I would say go with the younger, cheaper goalie, but this is his 2nd concussion in ~15 months.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Thatcher Demko has a concussion

Loui Eriksson collided with Demko while taking the puck to the net in practice and Demko also took a shot off the mask at one point as well.
Green said it wasn’t definitive which incident might have caused the head injury.
This wouldn't have happened if Benning'd had the balls to send the guy to Utica like he should've done.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
YWKXHPg.jpg

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Maybe then it would have been DiPietro with the concussion instead of Demko.
Maybe Eriksson would've shown well enough in the A to be given a chance by another team, or he could've retired instead of riding the buses. Who knows? Either way sending him to the AHL was always the right thing to do.

Reactions: Canucks5551

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It could have been worse I guess...like if he took out out Boeser or Petey on an accidental knee-on-knee hit. But I agree with other posters....why is it that some shooters can't help but go head-hunting with their shots in practice? If I was Demko, I'd take a swing at somebody if they did it.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
So he's guaranteed to basically miss another month. What a disaster. He didn't even take any hits or anything so it seems the decision put him in the lineup was questionable at least.

This is turning out to be about as expected. Reminds of those Dorsett/Baertschi extensions. One hit away from retirement?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So he's guaranteed to basically miss another month. What a disaster. He didn't even take any hits or anything so it seems the decision put him in the lineup was questionable at least.

This is turning out to be about as expected. Reminds of those Dorsett/Baertschi extensions. One hit away from retirement?
Looking like a terrible signing, and not like a suprise as we were WARNED that hes injures a lot. Guess been injured doesnt count against the cap tho. Just absolute garbage

Reactions: vanuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Any word on the Clamato Man, the team just hasnt been the same without his fishy play..... :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad