Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
So Beau + Scherby isn't working

What about

Beaulieu + Nikita Scherbak + 2nd 2016 +3rd 2016

Is there a risk, sure there is, but is there a risk to doing nothing when we may finally have a shot at a star roster player? Absolutely there is.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
is shatterkirk or whatever his name is even better then Bealieu at this point? Like that much better?

Is this really a question...? Yes. He's a lot better than Beaulieu. He's a consistent 45 point D man. He's what we hope Beaulieu can become in our wildest dreams.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Is this really a question...? Yes. He's a lot better than Beaulieu. He's a consistent 45 point D man. He's what we hope Beaulieu can become in our wildest dreams.

He has pretty much as many points this year as Beaulieu has in his career.

Crazy a hockey fan would even ask it

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Scherback is a bullet I am willing to take for Drouin......even if I love the kid's attitude and his talent. But McCarron........even if I do not think he will be a big time producer of any kind, he does have a very particular set of skills, skills that make him a nightmare for people on other teams.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Wonder if TB is interested in DLR. They saw him last season in the playoffs first hand. I'm sure they see the player in him. 3rd line shutdown is his downside. If he can find offense, he could be a very nice piece that TBL would be interested in.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Wonder if TB is interested in DLR. They saw him last season in the playoffs first hand. I'm sure they see the player in him. 3rd line shutdown is his downside. If he can find offense, he could be a very nice piece that TBL would be interested in.

Might explain why he was called up despite common sense indicating it was a poor choice.

Anyone have a scout list from last nights game?

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Anything more than DD for him would be absolute robbery for the other team.

Don't want Drouin though, he'll just get DD minutes and usage and be the new "chouchou" of the media.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Don't want Drouin though, he'll just get DD minutes and usage and be the new "chouchou" of the media.

Except Drouin has the skill to justify the usage imo.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Agree with you on DD. Disagree with you on Drouin.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Getting Drouin under the current circumstances has Latendresse potential. He would be under huge pressure to "save" the team.

Let MT do his thing. He's on track to deliver us a lottery pick. Fake some labor strike and shut down the TV feed for the rest of the season. Let Price rest. Ask MT to pick between TVAS and RDS for next year. Hire a new coach. Reboot. Profit.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Are the Blues really willing to give Shattenkirk for Drouin though? I'm not so sure, a trade would've likely been done at this point if they were. Maybe they want a deal centered around Fabbri.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Are the Blues really willing to give Shattenkirk for Drouin though? I'm not so sure, a trade would've likely been done at this point if they were. Maybe they're trying to offer Fabbri+.

My 2 cents. If the Blues offered Fabbri, that deal would already be done.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Are the Blues really willing to give Shattenkirk for Drouin though? I'm not so sure, a trade would've likely been done at this point if they were. Maybe they want a deal centered around Fabbri.

Shattenkirk holds more value, so I doubt it'd be one for one on value alone. Tampa would have to include someone like Carle, and probably something to sweeten the deal.

Parayko or Fabbri for Drouin seems more realistic I think.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Same for Shattenkirk. so I really dont believe the rumors.

Shattenkirk for Drouin probably works in a vacuum, but STL would never take what they need to take (ie, Carle or Callahan) for this trade to be possible.

Pretty sure Yzerman dropped the "P" word in trade talks, which led St Louis's gm to drop a F-Bomb.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

No and Tampa would have a hard time taking the future contract as well.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Are the Blues really willing to give Shattenkirk for Drouin though? I'm not so sure, a trade would've likely been done at this point if they were. Maybe they're trying to offer Fabbri+.

I'm sure it's all salary cap related. If you look at the Blues salaries, they have alot of their core locked down and Shattenkirk will likely become a $7M player in a year or so. So perhaps that's the motivation to move him now for a player who's under control on the entry level contracts for longer. That's where Beaulieu's value comes as well.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's funny to read "I dont like what Bergevin could do in a panic trade" when the guy's nickname is Bargain bin and he's never EVER given a valuable asset in 4 years..

He's very calculated, one might argue too calculated when it comes to trades. AKA, doesn't go for big splash gamble.

Yet, people fear he'd trade the future away for nothing. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad