TSN: The Drouin Saga Part II - "How You Drouin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I can believe MTL is pushing hard for Drouin. But I just don't see Yzerman trading him within the division. And it was reported earlier this morning that he refused Shattenkirk , so I'm scared to know what the hell is it going to take to get him.

is shatterkirk or whatever his name is even better then Bealieu at this point? Like that much better?

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Has to involve Galchenyuk somehow...because most of our guys aren't significant.

Maybe Chucky+Reway+2nd or 1st?

I highly doubt (hope...) we give our 1st if we downgrade (short term) like this offensively. We could continue to fall in the standings and get a top10 pick. If we get rid of Galchenyuk, we need that high pick.

I'd try something like:

- Galchenyuk straight up

- Good roster player + Buffalo 2nd + McCarron/Hudon/Scherbak/Juulsen

Probably not enough, but we have to keep in mind that Drouin still hasn't proved that he can be an offensive force in the NHL and that he asked for a trade at this stage of his career, which is a redflag IMO.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I can believe MTL is pushing hard for Drouin. But I just don't see Yzerman trading him within the division. And it was reported earlier this morning that he refused Shattenkirk , so I'm scared to know what the hell is it going to take to get him.

I believe TB will have cap issues.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
So freaking dumb to give up Tinordi for nothing. He could have been an asset in a bigger trade.

I know people always say player X will blossom with another team and it never happens but Tinordi is a prime example of how we can't develop prospects. I would not be surprised if he becomes a decent regular NHLer.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I highly doubt (hope...) we give our 1st if we downgrade (short term) like this offensively. We could continue to fall in the standings and get a top10 pick. If we get rid of Galchenyuk, we need that high pick.

I'd try something like:

- Galchenyuk straight up

- Good roster player + Buffalo 2nd + McCarron/Hudon/Scherbak/Juulsen

Probably not enough, but we have to keep in mind that Drouin still hasn't proved that he can be an offensive force in the NHL and that he asked for a trade at this stage of his career, which is a redflag IMO.

Same division premium. Palmieri went to Jersey for chump change because it was out of the division. But Yzerman ain't gonna just let a rival pluck Drouin for chump change, much less allow for a potentially deadly duo to arise.

If not Galchenyuk, then Beaulieu because Tampa needs someone who can man the 2nd pair with some two-way potential.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
is shatterkirk or whatever his name is even better then Bealieu at this point? Like that much better?

Right now? Yep. Consistent offensive producer at the NHL from the backend. Whether he is playing great this year or not is not within my pay grade, don't have the money or time to watch St. Louis too often, but if it goes without saying that the guy is a proven offensive D-man.

Beaulieu is not, and he makes defensive mistakes like an offensive defenseman still.

void

Jan 5, 2006

This. Bergevin probably knows this but he wants to make it seem like he's at least trying.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
If they can get Drouin for fair market value with a fair Eastern conference premium added, I'm OK. But I've got the feeling the brass is scrambling and running like a chicken without a head. Will reserve judgment, but I'm very concerned.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I can't see Chucky being a piece. We need another top 6 forward - not just flipping one for another. Makes no sense. It's more likely NB + a prospect/pick. The way we're playing, our pick is looking better all the time.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Right now? Yep. Consistent offensive producer at the NHL from the backend. Whether he is playing great this year or not is not within my pay grade, don't have the money or time to watch St. Louis too often, but if it goes without saying that the guy is a proven offensive D-man.

Beaulieu is not, and he makes defensive mistakes like an offensive defenseman still.

In the present, Matt Carle is far worse than Beaulieu. He has fewer points than John Scott(1 vs 0), with many more games!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He was bad against us Saturday imo. Dunno if he plays like that all night but his stats seems to indicate he his this season (can be misleading of course).

[edit] just looked at the box score and he finished the night at +3. lol dunno how it happened ...

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
If Montreal lands Drouin, let this season go. We're already two points out of a top 6 finish and the teams behind us have games in hand. Draft a scorer in the top 10.

These would be the two top 6 forwards we've been missing for the last 10 years.

If Carey is back two weeks before the deadline, shut him down and let him fully heal going into next season.

Then we'll have Max, Chucky, Drouin, Gally, McCarron (assuming Sherbak goes in the Drouin trade) and the new guy in our top 6 in a few years.

Stop the patchwork trades. The Parenteaus, Brieres, Kassians, DSPs, Semins don't work. Build through the draft and end it.

My only concern is trading Beaulieu when Markov is on his last legs. But if you can't trade for a scorer, you have to draft one. We have a chance to get one now without tanking (we're doing terribly already without trying). We can't miss this chance.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I could see something like Eller, Beaulieu, Scherbak and our 1st or Minny's 2nd for Drouin and Carle

Taking Carle would be doing TB a VERY BIG favor.

Carle is not an asset TB gives. Us accepting Carle is an asset we give.

So the trade really is.

Eller+Beauliey+Scherbak+We get Carle
For
Drouin

That's too much imo.

Carle is worse than Emelin on an even worse contract. I'm not even sure at this point the guy is a good 3rd pairing D.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Taking Carle would be doing TB a VERY BIG favor.

Carle is not an asset TB gives. Us accepting Carle is an asset we give.

So the trade really is.

Eller+Beauliey+Scherbak+We get Carle
For
Drouin

THat's too much imo.

Carle is worse than Emelin on an even worse contract.

Carle is currently this season's king of offensive ineptitude. Worse than John Scott. :laugh:

Alex514

May 10, 2015
If Montreal lands Drouin, let this season go. We're already two points out of a top 6 finish and the teams behind us have games in hand. Draft a scorer in the top 10.

These would be the two top 6 forwards we've been missing for the last 10 years.

If Carey is back two weeks before the deadline, shut him down and let him fully heal going into next season.

Then we'll have Max, Chucky, Drouin, Gally, McCarron (assuming Sherbak goes in the Drouin trade) and the new guy in our top 6 in a few years.

Stop the patchwork trades. The Parenteaus, Brieres, Kassians, DSPs, Semins don't work. Build through the draft and end it.

My only concern is trading Beaulieu when Markov is on his last legs.

People overrate Sherbak. He has close to NO VALUE! The kid has been injured all season. If anybody is going back Tampa's way, it sure is BigMac ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad