TSN: The Drouin Saga Part II - "How You Drouin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Why would the Habs sell the farm for a small winger?

If they're going to bite the bullet they should do it for a centre. Obviously I don't know which might be available.

Most I'd over for Drouin:
Scherbak + Barberio/Pateryn + 1st/2nd 2017

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Has to involve Galchenyuk somehow...because most of our guys aren't significant.

Maybe Chucky+Reway+2nd or 1st?

What ? If Chucky is involved... they are the one who need to add.

I see them offering now Beaulieu... that mistake last night might have been the last nail in his coffin.

Beaulieu-Andrighetto-2nd or Beaulieu-Scherbak

Anyways, that won't change this team coaching... the Montreal Canadiens have always been a boys club. I thought it would change under new ownership, but now, it looks like it's even worst under MB.

What coach survives a 4-16 strech in today's NHL ? None, except ****ing MT...

Overtime Period

OvertimePeriod
Jun 20, 2008
Montreal
@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL one of handful of teams with serious interest but it's near impossible to handicap frontrunner/timeline. Only Steve Yzerman knows that.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
fwiw wilde said it was a dman and a prospect. So if anything it probably just means they added another prospect or something. So it could just have went from Scherbak and NB to Scherbak, NB and Hudon. It really depends how Wilde defines it.

I agree, I don't believe Bergevin will include Galchenyuk for Drouin. My guess another prospect and maybe pick.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

Take it for what it's worth

I don't get why he always uses the term "breaking news" when referring to things that are largely speculation and really not news at all.

I'd be interested in what we'd have to move for Drouin, his value could vary between what Tampa fans expect and something very disappointing.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
I don't get why he always uses the term "breaking news" when referring to things that are largely speculation and really not news at all.

I'd be interested in what we'd have to move for Drouin, his value could vary between what Tampa fans expect and something very disappointing.

My thoughts exactly.

Overtime Period

OvertimePeriod
Jun 20, 2008
Montreal
@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL's Rick Dudley was in SYR on Saturday watching Drouin. Today at 3:05 pm ET, SYR and Drouin are playing the Rochester Americans.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
????

Why would we add anything to AG? TB should be the team adding something.

Because what MB thinks of AG is lower than what we think, if we are to assume he takes Therrien's opinion very seriously(and it seems like he does). And it is in the same division. Gotta pay to play.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Has to involve Galchenyuk somehow...because most of our guys aren't significant.

Maybe Chucky+Reway+2nd or 1st?

If MB trades Galchenyuk for Drouin I'm done with this team until both MB and MT are gone. That would turn this into the Houle + Trembley era again which isn't that far off at this point to be honest anyway.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I really, really, really doubt they'd trade Chucky for Drouin. It's possible but I can't see it being justified.

If it's true (big if) and we improved our offer then AG is not in the offer cause AG itself is more than enough for Drouin and TB would be dumb to say no and take the risk the offer is removed later after being too greedy. AG improves their team this season and both player have the same potential (different type of player though).

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I can believe MTL is pushing hard for Drouin. But I just don't see Yzerman trading him within the division. And it was reported earlier this morning that he refused Shattenkirk , so I'm scared to know what the hell is it going to take to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad