Trouba goes Superman!

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Trouba's elbow comes out to stop himself from literally going head first like superman into the boards. Nothing burger play. The Cane fell down to avoid the hit.
That's an absurd statement. His elbow comes out because he's a dirty mf and he's trying to make contact with the guy's head.

His hits are legal but there is zero regard for the well-being of the player he's hitting. It's legal so you can't really fault him but the guy is going to paralyze someone soon.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
That's an absurd statement. His elbow comes out because he's a dirty mf and he's trying to make contact with the guy's head.

His hits are legal but there is zero regard for the well-being of the player he's hitting. It's legal so you can't really fault him but the guy is going to paralyze someone soon.
He almost paralyzed himself.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
oops-illusion.gif

Meep Meep Trouba, Meep meep.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Agreed he’s a dirty mf. But If his elbow hit there it wouldn’t have been legal. Well shouldn’t be anyways, you never know with this joke league.

Reactions: RattsSSV and JBeast

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
to be honest, i didn't know what a pommel horse was but i knew it's some kind of a thing that's waist high.
A pommel horse is a horse fed mostly on apples, like what Napoleon rode into the Battle of Watergate against the upstart Americans in the Crimean War.

On topic, obviously not suspendable but at least we got an all-timer gif out of it. Anyone who says they haven't wished that exact outcome (ie assuming the Trouba Position) on their least-favourite player is lying to themselves.

There's something really strange about the visual of the attempted hit though, like Trouba does not look like a professional athlete there. He's kind of lucky he doesn't break his neck there. Sort of like watching the bad amateur Jackass Era stunts that they had to issue the disclaimers about, kids paralyzing themselves riding shopping carts down steep hills into traffic etc. Crash Test Dummy vibes, looks extremely vulnerable and unathletic as he planks neck first into the boards.

Last edited:

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Trouba is one of my least favourite players in the league, but this is a really tough play to analyze in real time. There are so many awkward split second decisions happening here I think it would be a mistake to be sure of anything.

For all we know Trouba was leaning in to make a big hit, noticed the dude was going down, and was trying not to knee him in the head so jump as high as he could. The elbow is a thing sure, but he could've just been leaning into the hit too and when it was clear he wasn't making contact he further extends to cushion the impact.

Honestly I don't know. My guess is with you all that this probably would've been a dirty hit if he connected, but there's way too much going on here to really be sure either way.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
Sad to see that Trouba isn't even the most talented elbower on his team considering the sneaky one master diver Fox threw in Jarvis' face earlier.

I don't even think it was that sneaky, but for some reason SN almost refused to acknowledge it as an elbow. Fox definitely elbowed Jarvis (at least that's what it looked like live and the one time I saw a brief replay).

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad