GDT: The Draft Lottery, Tuesday, April 9th

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm wondering if Botts goes for the home run and takes Podkolzin at 7 if he's there..........

That would be new, but with the revamping of the scouting staff, who knows? We do know he and his staff have tended away from the CHL and Russia in limited sample size. It would be unique.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
That would be new, but with the revamping of the scouting staff, who knows? We do know he and his staff have tended away from the CHL and Russia in limited sample size. It would be unique.

We do know that Botts and company love taking Euro guys that they can stash in the men's leagues over there for a couple years.

Maybe the talent convinces them to try it with a Russian........7th pick for us isn't make-or-break like it might be for some others.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
It was our 2nd most likely scenario so I won't complain, thank god 3-9 is mostly a level playing field.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Yeah well whining about it isn't gonna get us anywhere, the difference between 5 and 7 in this particular draft is negligible.

Change comes from people whining. Knowing the way the NHL works though they will just further handicap last place teams/winners..after all their darlings are set anyways.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Change comes from people whining. Knowing the way the NHL works though they will just further handicap last place teams/winners..after all their darlings are set anyways.

Last year wasn't exactly one for the "darlings". I still can't believe people actually believe the lottery is rigged, the mental gymnastics that people go through to convince themselves it's so is obscene.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You know who I feel bad for? Our friends over on the Wild Board. Not only did they not make the playoffs, not only did their GM make a couple of odd trade decisions, but they saw their division rivals wind up zipping up to the top three and push them down a spot in the order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad