GDT: The Draft Lottery, Tuesday, April 9th

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You think he's better than that, I think he's better than that, but prospect lists coming from the guys who are plugged into the league's scouts seem to have him hanging around the lower half of the top 10. It's definitely possible he's still on the board when we pick.

Yea, that’s all going to change really quickly...

Assume the top 2 and Byram all go before 7. There’s no way that 3 of Cozens, Krebs, Dach, Zegras all go before Turcotte. That’s what would need to happen for him to fall to 7.

I’m worried Krebs won’t fall to us now :(

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This was pretty much a complete and total disaster. The only 2 teams in our entire conference who aren't significantly ahead of us now are Ottawa and Detroit. We are screwed so bad.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
One of Byram, Podkolzin, Dach, Cozens, Turcotte, Krebs will be there for us. We will have our choice of 2 of the 6....not that bad.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Didn't Chicago nearly win last years lottery? It was our ball that knocked it out of the way and then went up.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
We'll get a pretty good player in year and a half

Judging by the development curves of Mittlestadt, Nylander, and Risto (all selected at #8) - whatever player we select at #7 I don’t want to see on the Sabres until after at least two full years of seasoning.

Maybe start getting a few games in the 2021-22 season. Maybe.

Reactions: zuikan

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Longest active playoff drought and always getting bumped in the lottery. At least we have Dahlin who would still go #1 overall easily in this draft.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’m actually good with the #7 pick.

I obviously wanted a top 2 pick but I knew the odds were heavily against that and really just wanted to stay in that 3-7 tier and we did.

But even if we had fallen to #8, chances are at least 1 (or 2) of the top 7 would drop.

We should get the chance to draft a really good player at #7.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Hopefully we are stupid and take Podklozin because he scared everyone and by miracle we get him to come to NA and hes a beast.

HA JK WERE TAKING SODERSTROM LULZ

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad