The Del Preston Around The League Thread 2018-19 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
NJ lol. Everyone talks about how bad Oilers would be without McDavid, but can you imagine NJ without Hall?

Reactions: Oilhawks

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
He had some pretty strong seasons in Buffalo too. He was 1st in scoring once and 2nd twice in his 3 years there.

I don't know, it's just odd to me to see a team with that much talent struggle so mightily.

They lost Stastny, Berglund and Brodziak and added O'Reilly, Perron and Bozak. All three of them should be seen as upgrades on the guys they replaced, yet the Blues are way worse this year than last?

I feel like it's either the coach (but they already fired Yeo and there's been virtually no improvement) or there's a locker room issue. Could be that all of those guys they lost were important locker room guys and they added two guys with questionable reputations in O'Reilly and Perron.

two words, Jake Allen

the guy just is not a starting goaltender, the sooner the blues realize that n get a number 1 goalie, the sooner they rebound

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Raanta likely out the rest of the season for the Yotes. That is a massive, massive loss for them.
Arizona joins LA in the Lose for Hughes race & Vancouver will bottom out too making it a high chance Hughes lands with a Pacific team at least until Arizona moves to the central.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
two words, Jake Allen

the guy just is not a starting goaltender, the sooner the blues realize that n get a number 1 goalie, the sooner they rebound

He's obviously part of the problem, but he's been with the Blues for years now and they've still been able to do well with him in net in the past. I think their problems are way larger than goaltending.

As an example, goaltending isn't stopping the Blues from scoring goals, yet they have scored the 4th least goals in the entire league. Meanwhile they're 10th worst in GA, but still ahead of current playoff teams Anaheim, Montreal, San Jose and Columbus.

And they've only let in 6 more goals than Tampa (and if you go back 2 days in time, they had better GA) who has the most points in the league and 4 more than Washington who are 1st in the Metro.

Also, looking at last year, they were 8th worst in GF, but 6th best in GA. And that was with Jake Allen only having a .906 svs%. So there has to be some deeper root cause of the problem than just him, and my best guess is a dysfunctional locker room.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He's obviously part of the problem, but he's been with the Blues for years now and they've still been able to do well with him in net in the past. I think their problems are way larger than goaltending.

As an example, goaltending isn't stopping the Blues from scoring goals, yet they have scored the 4th least goals in the entire league. Meanwhile they're 10th worst in GA, but still ahead of current playoff teams Anaheim, Montreal, San Jose and Columbus.

And they've only let in 6 more goals than Tampa (and if you go back 2 days in time, they had better GA) who has the most points in the league and 4 more than Washington who are 1st in the Metro.

Also, looking at last year, they were 8th worst in GF, but 6th best in GA. And that was with Jake Allen only having a .906 svs%. So there has to be some deeper root cause of the problem than just him, and my best guess is a dysfunctional locker room.

StL has been bit by the same expectations bug this year as the Oilers were last year. The media labeled them as a contender before their revamped roster played a single game. The problem with StL is they are a slow team. This might cost Armstrong his job as the Blues are committed to this roster now for a couple or three years given the contracts they gave out. Should be interesting to see what they do in net. Some big pieces could be in play come trade deadline.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
This is definitely petty of me, but anyone else happy the Devils are sucking it up so we don't have to hear anymore "1 fOr 1" Hall talk from fans of other teams?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Love how there were all those articles and threads about the Sabres passing the Oilers in their rebuild while they were on that heater....

Maybe try making the playoffs once first guys lol.

Anything to dump on the Oilers right?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Raanta likely out the rest of the season for the Yotes. That is a massive, massive loss for them.
Guy has been kind of garbage for them this year. They'll at least get a good look at Hill now and be able to figure out if they need to bring back Kuemper(who could be good trade bait)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
STL Practice with a scrap of the year candidate. Well not quite, but they were throwing some bombs

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
This is definitely petty of me, but anyone else happy the Devils are sucking it up so we don't have to hear anymore "1 fOr 1" Hall talk from fans of other teams?

I don't think there's a wrong way to look at it, but personally I wish Hall all the success in the world. Loved that guy play!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Also Eberle has 6-7-13 in 28 gp..... Chiasson almost has as many goals as he does points... :laugh::laugh:.

You'd think in the stereotypically more free flowing East, he'd blossom. Maybe that hit by Johnson ages ago really neutered him

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Video: Blues teammates fight during practice

I'm press sure Bortuzzo gave Sanford a concussion there. Clocked him good on the jaw.

We're talking about how no one cared about practice back in 14/15 on our team. I guess the other extreme is guys giving eachother brain damage in practice.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You'd think in the stereotypically more free flowing East, he'd blossom. Maybe that hit by Johnson ages ago really neutered him
You'd think in a contract year he'd find a way to out produce Fillpula
Video: Blues teammates fight during practice

I'm press sure Bortuzzo gave Sanford a concussion there. Clocked him good on the jaw.

We're talking about how no one cared about practice back in 14/15 on our team. I guess the other extreme is guys giving eachother brain damage in practice.
Hopefully it's one guy pissed off at someone else for being lazy. Not two guys that are trying to get benched/suspended by the team

Reactions: frag2

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
STL Practice with a scrap of the year candidate. Well not quite, but they were throwing some bombs

Lol, right on cue after I said that there is very likely a locker room issue in STL :D

Something is definitely not right with that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln