The Dallas Stars look really bad

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Seems like it's mostly Radulov, Hintz, Seguin and Heiskanen providing the offence. Benn and Klingberg still missing.

Seguin doesn't look himself lately.....passing up prime scoring chances looking for the pass, and when he does shoot he isn't scoring. You're right he still looks better than Benn/Klingberg but he's still sputtering.

True, but I wouldn't praise Radulov too much on that front either. Half of his offense came from the game in which he scored a hat trick, but he's definitely trending upward, however he's still taking too many stupid stick penalties.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
True, but I wouldn't praise Radulov too much on that front either. Half of his offense came from the game in which he scored a hat trick, but he's definitely trending upward, however he's still taking too many stupid stick penalties.
He's always done that. As long as the offence is there, you can stomach these more easily.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's always done that. As long as the offence is there, you can stomach these more easily.

It's never been as bad at currently is. He's taken 8 minor penalties now in 16 games all of them hooking or slashing and most of those in the offensive zone. Thats too much.

Not as out of character for Rads as whatever the hell Klingberg is doing right now though. He already has more PM now in 16 games than he had last year in 64 games.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Certainly got Colorado's number so far, albeit they're not exactly at full strength.

Still, for a team that started off 1-7-1, for the Stars to now be 8-8-1 is pretty dang impressive.

Here's hoping they build off it and keep rolling.

Playoff spot by (American) Thanksgiving is now, amazingly, a possibility.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
8-1-1 in their last 10, just took both games in a back to back run through western Canada.

Off to Edmonton tomorrow.

Aside from the continued struggles of one Jamie Benn, I'd say this team has turned a complete 180 in November.

Defense is right where it was last year, tops in the league outside of the Islanders once again.

Just need that offensive spark to get going. If Benn can wake up and actually contribute and put some points on the board, and Klingberg and Hintz return soon, the Central will get a whole lot tougher to play against.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A lot of people predicted they'd be a good team, so I wouldn't write them off this early. People do that every year. No one is scoring, and Bishop isn't stopping anything. They can't be this bad. One of the lowest PDO in the league. Nonetheless I wonder about not signing Zuccarello. This is kind of funny though:

igMOAAu.png
Like clockwork.

Reactions: Elysian

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
It's a shame HF is always littered with freak out threads based on super small samples. You'd think people would have learned to let the season play out, first.

But hey, we will always have "Pace" to show us the most direct route to dumb, baseless arguments.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
When I listen to other teams podcasts, they all complain that Dallas plays NJ style trap hockey. Are they? I haven't paid much attention. I could see why with two top guys out as well.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
At the time, he wasn't exactly wrong. :laugh:

Dallas was getting stomped.

Obviously they've managed to right the ship as of late, which is great to see.

I disagree. The goalies were not being hung out to dry constantly. If they were our high danger scoring chances on the season would not be this low. You don't go from 25th-31st (like the poster was suggesting) to 2 after a hot streak.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
When I listen to other teams podcasts, they all complain that Dallas plays NJ style trap hockey. Are they? I haven't paid much attention. I could see why with two top guys out as well.

I wouldn't call the system a traditional trap, of sitting back in the neutral zone and not moving.

What they do is have F1 and F2 pressure the puck in a bit of a unique way, limiting the opposition. Then F3 comes in to pressure the puck once the opposition is past the first two forwards.

Some people will call it a trap style of hockey.. but people just envision you throwing five guys in the neutral zone barely moving -- which Dallas doesn't do.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It's a shame HF is always littered with freak out threads based on super small samples. You'd think people would have learned to let the season play out, first.

But hey, we will always have "Pace" to show us the most direct route to dumb, baseless arguments.

Last season, when Mikko Rantanen went on that insane run to start the season and people called him a top-5 player...that was when I finally learned my lesson.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Might as well revive this thread, seeing as how Dallas has been ****ting the bed pretty consistently over the past week or so.

After rolling off seven wins in a row and being damn near invincible all of November?

3-0 loss in Chicago
3-1 loss at home vs. St. Louis
3-2 loss in Minnesota
5-1 loss in Winnipeg

4 goals, total, over their last twelve periods of hockey. Gonna plummet back down to the cellar real quick if that continues.

What gives? :help:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
That's the Dallas Stars. They're mentally fragile and one loss makes them lose all confidence and go into a free fall. For years it seems a winning streak is followed by an equal losing streak.

Reactions: Miro Heineken

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That's the Dallas Stars. They're mentally fragile and one loss makes them lose all confidence and go into a free fall. For years it seems a winning streak is followed by an equal losing streak.

When Perry came back from injury, the Stars were a whole new team. Played much better overall.

When Klingberg came back from injury.......the Stars were a whole new team. Early success but then a complete tailspin. :help:

Maybe he messed with the chemistry? Who knows.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
This team is bi-polar.

Reminds me of the Oilers last year a bit. They had some pretty insane up and downs to start the season and then eventually just went full tailspin in December and never looked back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad