Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
California calls for residents 65 and older to stay at home | Boston.com

SAN FRANCISCO — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Sunday called for what he called “profoundly significant steps” to limit the spread of coronavirus, including the isolation at home of all residents 65 years and older; the closure of nightclubs, wineries and bars; and the purchase by the state of hotels to shelter some of the state’s 150,000 homeless people.

The orders in the nation’s most populous state came as governors across the country began to impose further limits on public gatherings in an attempt to slow the spread of a virus that has already claimed nearly 60 lives in the United States.

“We need to meet this moment aggressively,” Newsom said. “The most important thing is to protect our most vulnerable.”

Around 5 million seniors in California would be affected by the guidelines, which also apply to people with certain chronic health conditions.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At least 3 NHL teams are CDC compliant right now and can resume activities ...

77LiDXL.jpg

:sarcasm:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Was just notified that our first employee came up positive tonight.
Headquarters at 50 Binney St closed until further notice.

If the unnamed employee was in contact or same locale as me I will be notified by my company and/or Mass Dept of Healthcare

great......
Oh no. Wally, take care, and you know I will say an extra prayer for you!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
As much as I'm with you, as the prime mister of Quebec said , and I'm paraphrasing " Lets's be realistic, we're in this for several months" Not likely we'll see any PO's people. Sad but true. The only thing Bruins fans can hope for is that Bruins are awarded the cup on seasonal play. I don't think we are gonna see any PO's .

All level of governments across The Americas are trying to "level the curve" to avoid over taxing heath care. This will likely elongate the spread rather than shorten it which won't bode well for any PO's to happen.

That’s a good point

And ya know, on the bruins, if they did that, I guess it wouldn’t be as asterisky or bad considering they did in fact make it to game 7 of the finals the year before, i me a between that and placing first practically all season, under these circumstances what more do you need

I think another idea though could be holding the playoffs in September and shortening next season. (Start in December like the good ole days)

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm a Chef in a restaurant. Been in the industry for over 40 years. Knowing what I know about the industry , there is no way any restaurant should be open for business anywhere in the world right now. That is a professional opinion. Anyone who goes to a restaurant going forward is misguided, period...

To put it bluntly , it is a corona virus lab at this point.
Very risky at this point.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
We just had someone who thought they had COVID-19 because they have a cough. This person went to the hospital.

This is exactly what not to do.

My wife just got word that this is what just happened at the Hospital where she works. Thankfully she's off tonight. FFS it's time to get informed people , if you don't know what to do, get informed.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My wife just got word that this is what just happened at the Hospital where she works. Thankfully she's off tonight. FFS it's time to get informed people , if you don't know what to do, get informed.
I listen to 98.5 Montreal, they spend their time repeating it. I'm sure others do to. They just don't listen, they heard it... but it doesn't compute. When panic arrives... there's only one neuron at work.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I listen to 98.5 Montreal, they spend their time repeating it. I'm sure others do to. They just don't listen, they heard it... but it doesn't compute. When panic arrives... there's only one neuron at work.

QFT, I can't believe how much shit I have witnessed this week that went against to what we've been told to do. WTFUP.

Reactions: Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
QFT, I can't believe how much shit I have witnessed this week that went against to what we've been told to do. WTFUP.

There's just a small slice of the population who view themselves as strong individualists and whose response to being told to do something is "screw you I'm doing what I want!" And a smaller, dumber slice of that which is so put off by being asked to do something that they go out of their way to do the thing they're told not to do out of spite towards being given an order.

From Adam & Eve to today, it's a pervasive trait of humanity.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The Man With 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer Just Donated Them

A Tennessee man had planned to sell his stockpile at marked-up prices online. Now he is under investigation for price gouging.

A Tennessee man who became a subject of national scorn after stockpiling 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer donated all of the supplies on Sunday just as the Tennessee attorney general’s office began investigating him for price gouging.
On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

A Tennessee man had planned to sell his stockpile at marked-up prices online. Now he is under investigation for price gouging.

A Tennessee man who became a subject of national scorn after stockpiling 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer donated all of the supplies on Sunday just as the Tennessee attorney general’s office began investigating him for price gouging.
On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.

Good. At least he donated otherwise he was going to get slapped.

Reactions: Lady Rhian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad