OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have friends below poverty line that don’t have TV or internet. I work w them at a food pantry and told one of them it was closed. They responded with “why?”. I said they don’t want us to catch the corona virus it’s deadly and she had no idea what I was talking about. So sad

my daughter flew to Indiana Friday.Much against my wishes but thats another story.

Anyway on board was a family of four heading for Disneyworld. The flight attendant had to break the news to them. They had no idea. So yeah, it happens,

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If I could smack every idiot who got in line to buy TP this week in back of the head , that would be time well spent. FFS people wiping your ass is the least of your worries.

PS I know this post won't be popular because I would bet most of you did. I don't blame you, just saying that's the least of your worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Two Emergency Room Doctors Are in Critical Condition With Coronavirus

The hospitalizations sharpen fears that the nation’s front-line medical workers could be uniquely vulnerable, a health care organization said.

SEATTLE — Two emergency medicine doctors, in New Jersey and Washington State, are in critical condition as a result of coronavirus, reinforcing concerns that the nation’s front-line medical workers are becoming especially vulnerable to the virus, the American College of Emergency Physicians said.

“A lot of us think that despite everything we do, we will probably be exposed,” said Dr. William Jaquis, the chair of the group. Still, he said, “The first reported case certainly sends a shock wave through the community.”
Emergency rooms represent a busy intake point for hospitals, where patients come in with symptoms but no diagnosis. As the coronavirus spreads during the typical flu season, emergency physicians are triaging large numbers of patients around the country with symptoms that could be the virus.

Two Emergency Room Doctors Are in Critical Condition With Coronavirus
Awful news. God speed recovery to them. Praying they pull through.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
CDC now saying 8 weeks without gathering 50 people or more

Personally I prefer 2-4 weeks of no gathering period, then maybe we can actually get back to normal sooner

Really hope NHL doesn’t nix playoffs entirely. If it actually goes till May they should just start playoffs and take the top 8 team and forego the “first” round

Would suck but I’d rather that than no legitimate cup winner period

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
A time of crisis calls for a superhero.

Except, he won't be like those superheroes of yesteryear: there will be no cape, no mask -- heck, that superhero won't even be doing anything for anyone but himself.

Behold ...

fqqwohN.gif

:sarcasm:
Was expecting the Koolaid man to be busting through lol

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
CDC now saying 8 weeks without gathering 50 people or more

Personally I prefer 2-4 weeks of no gathering period, then maybe we can actually get back to normal sooner

Really hope NHL doesn’t nix playoffs entirely. If it actually goes till May they should just start playoffs and take the top 8 team and forego the “first” round

Would suck but I’d rather that than no legitimate cup winner period

As much as I'm with you, as the prime mister of Quebec said , and I'm paraphrasing " Lets's be realistic, we're in this for several months" Not likely we'll see any PO's people. Sad but true. The only thing Bruins fans can hope for is that Bruins are awarded the cup on seasonal play. I don't think we are gonna see any PO's .

All level of governments across The Americas are trying to "level the curve" to avoid over taxing heath care. This will likely elongate the spread rather than shorten it which won't bode well for any PO's to happen.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I'm a Chef in a restaurant. Been in the industry for over 40 years. Knowing what I know about the industry , there is no way any restaurant should be open for business anywhere in the world right now. That is a professional opinion. Anyone who goes to a restaurant going forward is misguided, period...

To put it bluntly , it is a corona virus lab at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->