OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My Brother went to a local BJs just north of Boston. Bedlam. Lines to the back of the store, people buying cases of water and TP like it’s the end of days. Hw saw a near fist fight over TP. His lunch break was only an hour so he had to just leave his stuff and head back to work.
Why is everybody buying TP. Genuinely curious
Maybe people think it's a gastro pandemic. :laugh:

Reactions: BTO

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
In America over 100 people a day die in traffic accidents, not a peep. Anywhere from 20k-50K people die from the flu. Silence. Not to mention all the other risk factors that are actually going to kill you, smoking, poor diet, lack of exercise, drug use. Crickets.

Crickets? Lol, I'm old enough to remember
NO SEAT BELTS IN CARS. There was a
brawl fought to pass laws getting them
in your vehicle. Also PLENTY of
noise made about diabetes, smoking, diet,
etc,etc. Looks like you just choose to ignore
reality.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Italy another 2,547 new cases today and 250 deaths. Holy cow, up more than 300 cases from yesterday and 70 more deaths. It's still spiking.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If Italy keeps this up for another 2 days they'll have half of all the deaths of China.

What a disaster.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Italy another 2,547 new cases today and 250 deaths. Holy cow, up more than 300 cases from yesterday and 70 more deaths. It's still spiking.

Italy went from1100 new cases to 2200 new cases t0 2500 new cases, isn't that 'good news" it wasn't like 3500-4000 new cases?...how is that spiking? Hopefully it's leveling out and will go down soon.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
Crickets? Lol, I'm old enough to remember
NO SEAT BELTS IN CARS. There was a
brawl fought to pass laws getting them
in your vehicle. Also PLENTY of
noise made about diabetes, smoking, diet,
etc,etc. Looks like you just choose to ignore
reality.
Plenty of noise you say? Let me know when we have a state of emergency over vehicle deaths. Or when the news breathlessly stokes the flames 24/7 about the dangers of smoking, drinking, poor diet etc.. If we want to save lives those things will kill far more people than this virus ever will. It’s not about saving lives , they want clicks and eyeballs and they got em. If they wanted to save lives why are my wife( a teacher, and my son. In HS still in school. This will blow over then on to the next crisis. Rinse and repeat. And the zombies fall for it every time.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Italy went from1100 new cases to 2200 new cases t0 2500 new cases, isn't that 'good news" it wasn't like 3500-4000 new cases?...how is that spiking? Hopefully it's leveling out and will go down soon.
Those are totals of new cases per day. How is that not spiking. It would be good news it it was only more 300 than yesterday. Which is not the case.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Plenty of noise you say? Let me know when we have a state of emergency over vehicle deaths. Or when the news breathlessly stokes the flames 24/7 about the dangers of smoking, drinking, poor diet etc.. If we want to save lives those things will kill far more people than this virus ever will. It’s not about saving lives , they want clicks and eyeballs and they got em. If they wanted to save lives why are my wife( a teacher, and my son. In HS still in school. This will blow over then on to the next crisis. Rinse and repeat. And the zombies fall for it every time.

they are trying to flatten the curve so that hospitals don’t become overwhelmed, causing an even bigger crisis. Why is this so hard to understand? Why do you think multi billion dollar organizations decided to shut down on the basis of what the media is saying?

But yea, there’s definitely some zombies who just follow whatever they’re told alright.

Reactions: Bocephus86

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Italy has now more active cases than China. Given how smaller the country is you can make your own assumptions as to in which conditions those hospitals are running. Its truly sad.
I'd say they should be hitting their peak right about know, with Spain being next, next week.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Italy has now more active cases than China. Given how smaller the country is you can make your own assumptions as to in which conditions those hospitals are running. Its truly sad.
I'd say they should be hitting their peak right about know, with Spain being next, next week.
Let's hope as of now its still climbing. Yesterday 180 deaths, today 250 deaths.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Those are totals of new cases per day. How is that not spiking. It would be good news it it was only more 300 than yesterday. Which is not the case.

So one day the cases double and next day the cases go up 12% and that's not good news? They went from 1100 on weds, to 2200 thurs to 2500 today. It sucks, but at least it didn't double like it has been.

Reactions: Strafer

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

You said you heard crickets. Nice moving those goalposts. Did you disinfect them before you
moved them?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
About China active cases... they are going to go back to work, traveling in public transit let's see how that's going to work out.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
they are trying to flatten the curve so that hospitals don’t become overwhelmed, causing an even bigger crisis. Why is this so hard to understand? Why do you think multi billion dollar organizations decided to shut down on the basis of what the media is saying?

But yea, there’s definitely some zombies who just follow whatever they’re told alright.
One way to help the hospitals would be to not put 350 million people in a panic over an upper respiratory illness who all think they’re going to die at the first sign of a cough and fever

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
So one day the cases double and next day the cases go up 12% and that's not good news? They went from 1100 on weds, to 2200 thurs to 2500 today. It sucks, but at least it didn't double like it has been.
Until it keeps going up it's not good, South Korea was plummeting for a while now it's going up again.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
One way to help the hospitals would be to not put 350 million people in a panic over an upper respiratory illness who all think they’re going to die at the first sign of a cough and fever

Absolutely. Here in NJ if you don't feel well, the doctors tell you go right to the ER and won't see you. Let's send the patients who we can't be bothered to check out to the place where there are the most germs...the hospital.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Currently 2.3% overall, and 15% in those 80 +
That is quite a bit and it has yet to plateau. Once cases exceed beds the percentages will rise. We here are weeks behind other countries and slower to react.
The issue I have with these numbers is that with the relatively small number of cases ( I say relatively, because it IS small compared to the 35-50 MILLION estimated cases of Influenza A/B), a decent number of unreported or undiagnosed cases can substantially skew these numbers. I think because of this, I think mortality rates will eventually decline with more comprehensive testing. That said, this is still a serious thing. I'm mostly concerned for my mom and my aunt, though my aunt is self-isolating as much as she can.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
With social distancing we can flattened the curve. Its pretty much the hope right now. The most difficult will be to have everyone on board. That's where the most successful countries are...everyone follow the rules.
The mass cancellations of almost every type of gathering will go a long way. I am hopeful it will get people to be more compliant as well.

Reactions: HustleB

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
They will do something but how much will it help. I work in the retail business and our traffic and sales have dropped over 30% in the last few days getting worse every day. Pretty soon we will not have the cash to pay employees and how long will it be before people start buying cloths again. I am very nervous about my financial future right now.

on top of that I got rear ended on Rt3 on tuesday and found out yesterday they totaled my car. Now i need to go buy a new car tomorrow when the other had been paid off for year. Great a new bill right when I need it least
That happened to me almost 4 years ago. My car had been paid off for just a few months, hit a deer, and because the airbags deployed, they totaled it.

May you not get a new car, and on day 3 hit a horse like I did.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
Italy has a population of 60 million. 17000 cases so far. About 1 in every 3500 people has it. 1200 deaths mean 1 in every 50,000 people have died . That doesn’t include the cases of people who had the virus and shook it off and never got counted, which could be significant. Hopefully some good news and they’ve seen the worst of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad