OT - NO POLITICS The Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Spain: Catalonia puts four towns under coronavirus quarantine

While residents can leave their homes, they are not allowed to 'leave their urban core'.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Trudeau is restricting entries at airports, ports and borders to better control visitors.
And the usual financial monetary aid.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think a national quarantine is coming - doesn’t make sense to just cut travel and contact between countries and it’s in so many communities now.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Everyone hoarding toilet paper because of the Coronavirus
b6a.gif

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
People waiting 2 hours in line to pay at costco.

Truckers in Ontario saying the paper distribution centers have enough toilet paper in stock to supply the whole country. Same in Quebec province.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Aside from snowstorms with power outages, in terms of disruptions to everyday life, the only thing I can really compare this to is 9/11. And honestly it's worse than 9/11 at this point.

I guess the Watertown manhunt too, though I was in NH then and not in the lockdown region proper.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
People waiting 2 hours in line to pay at costco.

Truckers in Ontario saying the paper distribution centers have enough toilet paper in stock to supply the whole country. Same in Quebec province.
My Brother went to a local BJs just north of Boston. Bedlam. Lines to the back of the store, people buying cases of water and TP like it’s the end of days. Hw saw a near fist fight over TP. His lunch break was only an hour so he had to just leave his stuff and head back to work.
Why is everybody buying TP. Genuinely curious

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Government in Canada is recommending not to travel outside of Canada. Trudeau press conference in a few minutes.
They'll probably also closed the borders to visitors.

Yikes. I wonder what this will mean for Canadians living outside Canada (such as me—I was hoping to return to Toronto for a visit in May).

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I just went to the Provigo down the street, stocked up and only spent 10 min in line. Everybody is going to Costco but there are so many grocery stores in MTL I don't why I'd go there. In Laval today cops had to be called at a Costco

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yikes. I wonder what this will mean for Canadians living outside Canada (such as me—I was hoping to return to Toronto for a visit in May).
As of right now, everyone including Canadians when entering Canada must self quarantine for 14 days. International flights only at selected airports, bigger centers.

Reactions: Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I just went to the Provigo down the street, stocked up and only spent 10 min in line. Everybody is going to Costco but there are so many grocery stores in MTL I don't why I'd go there. In Laval today cops had to be called at a Costco
Ridiculous, just heard it on radio.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
As of right now, everyone including Canadians when entering Canada must self quarantine for 14 days. International flights only at selected airports, bigger centers.

Thanks. Well, that will put the kibosh on any travel there, for I can't take enough time off to self-quarantine and then to visit.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
do they give the steps for self quarantine? I understand you don't leave the house, what if you have a dog and have to walk him?
At night or/and early in morning when no ones out. you can go out around house or appartment, just stay away from people and use a mask and surgical gloves.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

You’ll be able to get back in. But will have to stay in isolation for 14 days.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Thanks. Well, that will put the kibosh on any travel there, for I can't take enough time off to self-quarantine and then to visit.
At some point the quarantine will be dropped. After things are more calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad