The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Seriously they both deserved it. How can he be good to some and not to others ? Maybe because the player has something to do with it ?
I don’t like the way Julien managed that situation with the media......4th line here and there no problem, but the love affairs with Plekanec to start the OT and Weal playing PP......I just don’t agree with certain things.

Galchenyuk not playing at centre I was good with.....but 4th line fir extensive periods of ti e was no good either.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Jul 6, 2016
I don’t like the way Julien managed that situation with the media......4th line here and there no problem, but the love affairs with Plekanec to start the OT and Weal playing PP......I just don’t agree with certain things.

Galchenyuk not playing at centre I was good with.....but 4th line fir extensive periods of ti e was no good either.

Untrue. Galchy played few games on the 4th, mainly because he was totally out of shape when he came back from his injury. And his off ice partying with Beaulieu did not help his MTL carreer.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Be his buddy and your place will be guaranteed. That's nonsense. It'll never end. It getting increasingly worse. I don't need to listen to his explanations. He's not credible anymore.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
So we all realize that Domi (1st line vet) was demoted/moved to wing to make room for rookie Suzuki at centre? Fleury has stayed in the lineup despite some pretty key errors in judgement at times and capable veteran depth behind him.

I think the narrative of Julien being unwilling to develop young players is pretty over blown. Pretty clear that if you play well and commit to playing responsibly, you're going to get rewarded and you'll have some leash to work with.

Not sure about the Weal/Cousins situation on the PP though. Cousins is not a bad faceoff guy and is good at getting and maintaining possession, that's fine. Could live with it if he's a complimentary/net front/boards/possession type of guy with lots of other skilled players. Weal makes no sense at all - not a threat or benefit in any way. Putting them both together and playing them over more deceptive, creative, and skilled players is a bit much for me. Poor judgement IMO.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So we all realize that Domi (1st line vet) was demoted/moved to wing to make room for rookie Suzuki at centre? Fleury has stayed in the lineup despite some pretty key errors in judgement at times and capable veteran depth behind him.

I think the narrative of Julien being unwilling to develop young players is pretty over blown. Pretty clear that if you play well and commit to playing responsibly, you're going to get rewarded and you'll have some leash to work with.

Not sure about the Weal/Cousins situation on the PP though. Cousins is not a bad faceoff guy and is good at getting and maintaining possession, that's fine. Could live with it if he's a complimentary/net front/boards/possession type of guy with lots of other skilled players. Weal makes no sense at all - not a threat or benefit in any way. Putting them both together and playing them over more deceptive, creative, and skilled players is a bit much for me. Poor judgement IMO.
Neither Cousins nor Weal should come close to a PP. They are 4th line players.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
What does Tabarnacle mean in this context (I know what it means otherwise since we have that word in Swedish as well)?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think the reason they are on the PP is because both are right-handed shots.

That's the only reason I can imagine.
It's the 1990's- early 2000's way of thinking hockey. It's called overcoaching and it's been dead since the Pens proved that you need by playing your best players.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
What does Tabarnacle mean in this context (I know what it means otherwise since we have that word in Swedish as well)?
Its the container for the 'body and blood of christ' in catholic terms. Its also modified to be a swear word en francais.

like saying god darnit, swearing on the Eucharist in essence. I know equivalents in a few other languages.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
it's an incredibly boring night so I am watching the leafs game... they are leading 1-0... i believe the coaching change has done wonders and the parade is already being planned. Habs should do the same.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Its the container for the 'body and blood of christ' in catholic terms. Its also modified to be a swear word en francais.

like saying god darnit, swearing on the Eucharist in essence. I know equivalents in a few other languages.

When Habs fans watch the games, they feel that Julien is the container of the blood of Christ

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I have no idea why KK was not on the pp the last few games, but other than that the way Julien has used KK is no different than how other coaches have used their young talented center.
Cody Glass is playing RW on the 3rd line for Vegas
Martin Necas is playing RW on the 3rd line for Carolina
Barret Hayton is playing LW on the 4th line for Arizona
Kirby Dack is playing center on the 4th line for the hawks
Kakko is playing on the 3rd line.
etc.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

who is that veteran depth, CAPABLE you are speaking of ??

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I have no idea why KK was not on the pp the last few games, but other than that the way Julien has used KK is no different than how other coaches have used their young talented center.
Cody Glass is playing RW on the 3rd line for Vegas
Martin Necas is playing RW on the 3rd line for Carolina
Barret Hayton is playing LW on the 4th line for Arizona
Kirby Dack is playing center on the 4th line for the hawks
Kakko is playing on the 3rd line.
etc.
all but one are 1st year players...

Reactions: the and Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You still havent quite figured out the point mate. It's not about whether it's fine for Galch to have been wing, it's whether its smart to use DD or Drouin over him. That was the dumb thing.

Reactions: LaP and Milhouse40

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Jordan weal taking faceoffs during first pp wave should be enough to fire Julien. What the f*** is the point to put a waiver material player to take pp faceoffs over Suzuki Domi kotkaniemi and Danault. Just those 4 alone should be way way above . Same shit for cousins. Both are ahl players or close. The f*** is this joke. What's so hard to run first pp

Suzuki gallagher tatar with Weber and mete
And 2nd pp Kotkaniemi armia Domi Petry and danault

How is this so hard to understand

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Jordan weal taking faceoffs during first pp wave should be enough to fire Julien. What the **** is the point to put a waiver material player to take pp faceoffs over Suzuki Domi kotkaniemi and Danault. Just those 4 alone should be way way above . Same **** for cousins. Both are ahl players or close. The **** is this joke. What's so hard to run first pp

Suzuki gallagher tatar with Weber and mete
And 2nd pp Kotkaniemi armia Domi Petry and danault

How is this so hard to understand

Although i don't agree with Weal on the PP....i do get that when the faceoff is on the right, then righties have more chances to win it than any left handed player. You got two options there, Suzuki at 40% or Weal at 50%.

Last season, Weal was 82% in faceoffs on the PP.
You want to fire the coach because he used that guy to take the faceoffs?

Having said that….Julien is not the one running the PP in MTL. Muller is.

Last season, KK was the 5th most used forwards on the PP with 152 min. and produce 5 points

Weal played 27 min. and got 3 points, Danault played 39 min. and got 4 points.
Armia played 98 min. and got 6 points, Agostino played 37 min. and got 3 points.

When you got the worst PP in the league…..tell me why you would used KK?
It's not like they didn't try him and were not patient, but they want to make the PO.

I would still use KK a ton...but my idea wouldn't be to make the PP works.

I've been seeing what Julien really does since last year, and he's doing a great job in my book but it can't last.
He's micro-coaching which leads to decision like Weal taking faceoffs on the PP....but that's what happens when you don't have top quality players and that's not on him, that's on Bergevin.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You still havent quite figured out the point mate. It's not about whether it's fine for Galch to have been wing, it's whether its smart to use DD or Drouin over him. That was the dumb thing.
Galchenyuk is not an NHL centre....neither is Drouin, it’s that simple

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
We need shooters on the pp. We've got a million playmakers but weber is the only shooter. Kotkaniemi doesnt shoot the puck even if his life depended on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad