The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why does everyone think that management expect the playoffs ?

I feel like they expect and want a tough season. They want Lafreniere
Their lineups and toi deployment are certainly suggesting that so far which is fine imo but if that is the plan send the kids down ffs

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Old dinosaur is at it again, shocker

Send Fleury, KK, Suzuki and even Mete down to Laval and get them a taste of winning with lots of icetime

Tank the season, sell off at the TDL and then bring the kids back next season with a coach who's job it is to develop the kids 1st AND win games 2nd

Reactions: habsfan891

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
seriously MB and Molson... dumb and dumber...

If I'm Julien I'm ****ing pissed my GM cant do **** to improve the team, players publicly said they need to improve.. Weber, Price, Petry, Domi... Julien talked about the Panthers the other day saying how their team really built on their sucess with new acquisitions during the summer.. implying inderectly (since we were in a similar situation last year) that WE DID NOT bring any clear help heck we downgraded (Like Shaw was some sort of scrub).. Julien doesnt want to please MB and put kids in positions they are not ready for.. I think its his way to show the GM..

but hey.. whatever this organisation is so clueless.. watch the habs bust Kotka Suzuki and Poehling lol. then MB will probably come up with some lame excuse again.. how Molson can allow that is beyond understanding.

Koktaniemi was making mindblowing passes when he arrived... its not happening anymore like.. ever.. its really deceiving what going on.. I dont doubt the will of our players.. but when the organisation doesnt give you any real help at some point you stop caring.. that pretty basic stuff.

freaking tired of this organisation.

and btw newsflash we are currently doing quite well right now.. wait until the poopinsky hit the fan its going to be marvelous. MB will probably make Molson Believe we wanted Lafreniere but end up drafting a bust..

damn we are lucky that we got Caufield that just a gift from hockey "gods" hopefully for our new gm.
Bingo give the man a prize!at this point Claude has had quite enough of the Magoo and bargain bin shit show,if I were Price I would want out of this clown show,remember when he said this summer he wanted to win NOW! and then :wally:Magoo comes out and puts him in his place and reminds him of who owns the team by asking the fans to be patient and it could take 1-8 years to be a contender,once again what a clueless putz.Do you think that's why bargain bin can't attract the likes of Tavares,Duchene etc.:huh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Petry's value is increasing more and more.

UFA at the age of 33. Do you keep him or Weber or trade them both? Lets say we keep Petry and trade Weber, what term do you offer Petry as a 33 year old UFA?

I agree he value is increasing cause he has shut up the doubters of him being a top pairing D man quality for 3 or 4 years now!

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
UFA at the age of 33. Do you keep him or Weber or trade them both? Lets say we keep Petry and trade Weber, what term do you offer Petry as a 33 year old UFA?

I agree he value is increasing cause he has shut up the doubters of him being a top pairing D man quality for 3 or 4 years now!
Let's start by getting rid of the person/persons responsible for this mess ,take your pick ,bargain bin or Magoo,but we know Magoo is to vain to give up his meaningless title of president of hockey operations.:baghead:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Let's start by getting rid of the person responsible for this mess ,take your pick ,bargain bin or Magoo,but we know Magoo is to stubborn to give up his meaningless title of president of hockey operations.

I'm very curious to see how Bergevin's two years in term ends up. For those who want him gone, hope for an off year where he does not get an extension or he is fired during this season or at the end. If he heads into next year, he is a lame duck GM!

Last extension Bergevin got was with 1.75 years left on the previous contract.... Timing was right about now on his current deal expiry date. Imagine if Molson extended Bergevin now? City of Montreal might riot! lol

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
If KK can't get any PP time and Suzuki rides the bench along with Fleury then be I would rather send them all down to Laval and start thinking about some serious off season moves .

If they don't want to play our youngsters and live with mistakes then it's time to do stupid things like trade them before ruining them or finally get rid of At least Julien if he wont play them .

Or... Time to get rid of MB .

This probably seems like an overreaction but I am seriously sick of seeing our prospects mishandled time and time again :(:(

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Explain to me how simple internet posters can predict how Julien will undoubtedly take bonehead line up decisions use and overuse 4th liners over more skilled guys?
Does moron Bergey not know who he's hiring?...
It's just as much on the bozo.

Bergevin is definitely to blame if this continues, but let’s not kid ourselves, Julien is the culprit here, hands down

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We needed to trade petry for a 1st rounder this season at last years TDL. I was told just wait till the offseason we will geta better return. Sadly petry is the lynchpin holding together this sham of a d squad.
If habs are on the outside looking in, trading Petry at this year’s deadline is mandatory. The return would be very very good....1st, and an A prospect should get the ball rolling!!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Absolutely no way i'm giving Petry what he will ask.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Absolutely no way i'm giving Petry what he will ask.

You don't know what he will ask for though. He did take less in the current contract and avoided UFA where he could of got more.

I think Term matters more than AAV in the 33 year old UFA. He likely ask for 4 or 5 years though which would be a concern of mine.

Do other teams offer him 5 years as a 33 year old? That is another question. I think many teams offer 3 years but if he ask for 5, that list of teams drops

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You don't know what he will ask for though. He did take less in the current contract and avoided UFA where he could of got more.

I think Term matters more than AAV in the 33 year old UFA. He likely ask for 4 or 5 years though which would be a concern of mine.

Do other teams offer him 5 years as a 33 year old? That is another question. I think many teams offer 3 years but if he ask for 5, that list of teams drops

In general, Bergevin's not into giving long term deals to older players. Petry will be 34 on Dec. 9th of the first year of his new contract.
He made an exception to get Weber, and that appears to be about to backfire.

But Petry is a good skater. Maybe he'll make an exception. If he decides he doesn't want to re-sign him, I expect him to trade him before he hits the open market, as he did with Pacioretty. I have a feeling if he does get traded it will be the summer before he becomes a UFA.

Hopefully Juulsen, Brook, and Fleury will all be showing good things already by next year, and he won't feel obliged to gamble on giving him a long term deal into his later 30's.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In general, Bergevin's not into giving long term deals to older players. Petry will be 34 on Dec. 9th of the first year of his new contract.
He made an exception to get Weber, and that appears to be about to backfire.

But Petry is a good skater. Maybe he'll make an exception. If he decides he doesn't want to re-sign him, I expect him to trade him before he hits the open market, as he did with Pacioretty. I have a feeling if he does get traded it will be the summer before he becomes a UFA.

Hopefully Juulsen, Brook, and Fleury will all be showing good things already by next year, and he won't feel obliged to gamble on giving him a long term deal into his later 30's.

Petry will be 33 as a UFA. 32 this December and 33 next December. I think you are right in general about term with players who are approaching their mid 30's but it don't apply to Bergevin only. How many GM's line up for the 5 year deal? Edler is a good comparison IMO... he got 2 year term as a 33 year old. Did we try to move in and offer him 5 years with the same AAV? I doubt it.

I think Petry likes playing in Montreal just as much as Edler in Vancouver. Will he sign a 2 year term at 33? This might work depending on what other offers he gets.

We also have 2 seasons to see where Petry is at when he is 33. Will he look the same? Who knows

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
title says it all, dont even need to read the article : Julien resistance to change.

I didn't like the 4th line he was so excited about last year (Deslauries-Thompson-Weise) and he scrapped it pretty quickly.

This year I thought a Kulak-Petry pair would be much better than having Chiarot in the top 4. He also aborted Chiarot-Petry pretty quickly.

Right now, I'm giving him credit for those types of things. I'm glad he's giving Fleury another opportunity. Next up, I'd like to see if Suzuki can lead his own line, with Thompson starting out on the wing. After that you try to see where Poehling fits in: on Domi's wing? As Domi's center? as the 4c? etc..

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I didn't like the 4th line he was so excited about last year (Deslauries-Thompson-Weise) and he scrapped it pretty quickly.

This year I thought a Kulak-Petry pair would be much better than having Chiarot in the top 4. He also aborted Chiarot-Petry pretty quickly.

Right now, I'm giving him credit for those types of things. I'm glad he's giving Fleury another opportunity. Next up, I'd like to see if Suzuki can lead his own line, with Thompson starting out on the wing. After that you try to see where Poehling fits in: on Domi's wing? As Domi's center? as the 4c? etc..
he's a NHL coach, and most people here predicted the Chiarot/Kulak thing and the 4th line as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad