The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Petry will be 33 as a UFA. 32 this December and 33 next December. I think you are right in general about term with players who are approaching their mid 30's but it don't apply to Bergevin only. How many GM's line up for the 5 year deal? Edler is a good comparison IMO... he got 2 year erm as a 33 year old. Did we try to move in and offer him 5 years with the same AAV? I doubt it

No way I see Bergevin moving Petry this year if we're in the playoff hunt.

And, since the kids probably won't have shown enough by next summer, not sure he'll move him then either, though I think you're posts are a reminder that he should no matter the circumstances. No point in keeping him unless you can contend this year or the next. The assets you can get for him are too valuable...

In my mind if a player that turns 34 in December of a given season, that's his 34 year old season. Not sure how other GM's see it. But if I were a GM I'd see the first year of the deal I'm signing him to as his 34 year old season, the second as his 35 year old season, and so on.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Bergevin is definitely to blame if this continues, but let’s not kid ourselves, Julien is the culprit here, hands down
Who hired Julien? Who does he report to? If Bergevin doesn't like the way Julien is doing things, nothing stopping him from telling him to stop it or else...

What Bergevin is doing is simply fattening up the sacrificial lamb for when the time is right to use him as such.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Absolutely no way i'm giving Petry what he will ask.

Are we able to determine if Petry is a guy who gets unnecessarily hardlined (Subban, Rads, Markov) or does he just wake up to the sounds of the Brinks truck backing into his driveway (Price, Plex, Shaw off the top of my head)?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No way I see Bergevin moving Petry this year if we're in the playoff hunt.

And, since the kids probably won't have shown enough by next summer, not sure he'll move him then either, though I think you're posts are a reminder that he should no matter the circumstances. No point in keeping him unless you can contend this year or the next. The assets you can get for him are too valuable...

In my mind if a player that turns 34 in December of a given season, that's his 34 year old season. Not sure how other GM's see it. But if I were a GM I'd see the first year of the deal I'm signing him to as his 34 year old season, the second as his 35 year old season, and so on.

I agree Bergevin will not sell any vets. Maybe he does if we fall flat on our face and our out of the playoffs by the new year. Who knows.

Petry's first season in his next contract starts at age 33. But yeah, that season is 33/34

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Who hired Julien? Who does he report to? If Bergevin doesn't like the way Julien is doing things, nothing stopping him from telling him to stop it or else...

What Bergevin is doing is simply fattening up the sacrificial lamb for when the time is right to use him as such.

Does Bergevin have the capacity to can another coach though? Three hires is a lot for a GM, and I would argue (because I am an MB hater and I am trained to argue desperate positions) that his decision not to fire MT in the foxhole season also used up some of his rope.

He is on the verge of being the guy who is thrice divorced and keeps blaming the women.

Reactions: Habssince89

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Julien seems as an human being without patience. Whether with his own kids. Our with ours youngsters.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

For some, Bergevin is always the victim here. He is his own victim.

Reactions: Edgy

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Does Bergevin have the capacity to can another coach though? Three hires is a lot for a GM, and I would argue (because I am an MB hater and I am trained to argue desperate positions) that his decision not to fire MT in the foxhole season also used up some of his rope.

He is on the verge of being the guy who is thrice divorced and keeps blaming the women.
The fact that Molson extended him to 20-21 means he has some rope left, there was no reason to extend him. His tenure has been mired by controversy, mediocrity and nepotism. None of that seems to bother Molson, so what's another coach in the grand scheme of things.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
The fact that Molson extended him to 20-21 means he has some rope left, there was no reason to extend him. His tenure has been mired by controversy, mediocrity and nepotism. None of that seems to bother Molson, so what's another coach in the grand scheme of things.

I see that, but Julien was an urgent hire at a $25 million dollar ticket.

Firing him now is a huge loss of credibility. We really don't know what Molson thinks now outside of his public statements, which have to be discounted.

I wonder if anyone outside of the organization has Molson's ear.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Brock Boeser 1st season 17:30 TOI/GP
Elias Petterson 1st season he averaged 18:14
Clayton Keller averaged 18:05 in his first season
Jack Eichel averaged 19:07 in his first as well
Sean Monahan 15:59 his first season
Johnny Gaudreau 17:43 in his first year
Jeff Skinner 16:44
Sebastian Aho 16:47
Landeskog 18:37
Pierre-Luc Dubois 16:38

and the list goes on and on and on and on and...

but here, in his SECOND season people try to find excuses to justify KK 13 minutes of ice-time per game...
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Born: July 6, 2000
Do i need to do the entire list of players you named or you see the point ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Born: July 6, 2000
Do i need to do the entire list of players you named or you see the point ?
Nope, if really like to know Who are the potential 1st liner Who played less un their first two season...

Cause i posted their toi during their first season you know not their toi today.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Right now the one taking the head coach experience is Bouchard.
He should be next in line….and Ducharme, taking some NHL experience, should resume his head coaching progression in the Minor.

Still….not one of deserve it right now.
Ducharme provthemed less than nothing in the pro and Bouchard is not making any miracles in Laval so far.
Things are not good no matter what way we look at it. Our D is bad, we are playing retreads over our touted young prospects that many have raved about, I can't see things continuing as they currently are.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I see that, but Julien was an urgent hire at a $25 million dollar ticket.

Firing him now is a huge loss of credibility. We really don't know what Molson thinks now outside of his public statements, which have to be discounted.

I wonder if anyone outside of the organization has Molson's ear.
Not sure if anyone involved with the Habs right now, has any credibility with anyone, fans, media etc The management and coaching has been terrible now, for 5-6 seasons....

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Not sure if anyone involved with the Habs right now, has any credibility with anyone, fans, media etc The management and coaching has been terrible now, for 5-6 seasons....

I was specifically referring to with Molson.

Shockingly plenty of fans on here are still believers.

Reactions: BLONG7

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Nope, if really like to know Who are the potential 1st liner Who played less un their first two season...

Cause i posted their toi during their first season you know not their toi today.
Pettersson
Born: November 12, 1998 vs KK born July 2000
They both played their first season last year

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
stop expecting anything from Julien he's coaching to win. period. Bergevin is the wild card. Is he of the belief , that just get in and anything happens? if he is, pray to god, he doesn't pull a brian burke and start dealing off blue chips for overpriced vets. this is my biggest fear. habs are three years from contender status. MAYBE they can make a bit of noise in 2 years. Bergevin needs to figure out a way to make a hockey trade for a young LD. If not, and habs are in limbo by midseason, he needs to think of ways to get weber and price to contenders and flush vets like weal and thompson out

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
Actually yes he does. Seguin and galchenyuk are good examples. Just go see how he played both of these centres on 4th line wing. See any similarities to what is happening now?
Seriously they both deserved it. How can he be good to some and not to others ? Maybe because the player has something to do with it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad