The Claude Julien Thread - The “Tabarnacle” edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Weber's been brutal but come on. Mete hasn't been good and he's not a top-pairing guy. He's produced no offense since being in the league. And saying they need a LD isn't protecting Weber. They're rightfully going to give Weber the benefit of the doubt and wait more than 6 games before they declare him washed-up. And that would still be the right way to approach it even if Weber does turn out to be done.
Thats the thing though, Weber ain't a top pair player either. The team needs a lot more than a top pair LD, it needs a two top four Ds.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Let me caveat this by saying this isn't a language thing. Its a hockey Quebec thing.

Montreal will only hire bilingual coaches. That's fine if the pipeline is good. But the pipeline is coming solely from Hockey Quebec which is an antiquated body that preaches old ideals and development. It's the same for players and coaches which is why Quebec isn't developing players at the rate it used to.

This is true with Hockey Canada as well, as they are involved with Hockey Quebec. The thing is, that with a larger pool of Hockey Canada coaching candidates.. there's bound to be more anomalies.

It's partly why we've rehired the same coach twice. The pool is small. The experienced pool is smaller. But they're all coming from the same origins.

Jacques Lemaire is their god

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
No they don’t since last year. That’s why he started to be at RDS only last year. (That’s what I remember he said) And he’s know coaching with an other team so no they don’t pay him this year .

Thanks. So that's one less obstacle to firing Julien. I guess that's a positive.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I have a question. Are Habs still paying Therrien? Cause that would be another obstacle to firing Julien.
Normally the team pays till then end of the contract but when the guy gets another job, it is be part of the negotiations. AKA I let you go work for the other team but we terminate the contract, etc. win-win.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Does MB have the juice to fire CJ? He already hired and then doubled down on MT, then canned him. Hiring a third coach would afford him an unusually generous amount of input.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If it continues for another 20-30 games (& since the team is playing mostly as expected, little reason to believe it changes), maybe Molson wakes the hell up and sends both MB & Clod packing...

Ducharme or Muller can wear the interim tag, nab Savard to be interim GM and take the required time to do a legitimate "no stone unturned" GM search.

Reactions: habsfan891

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Ducharme or Bouchard is the future for Montreal. They need coaches that know how to play the young players.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Does MB have the juice to fire CJ? He already hired and then doubled down on MT, then canned him. Hiring a third coach would afford him an unusually generous amount of input.
I believe it will be Ducharme, he might have been offered a chance to be head coach if Julien cough, retires. I could see that happening just as a damage control measure.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weber was a top pair player last year. They're not going to give up on him after 6 bad games. Jesus Christ.
Not really...He had a decent stretch once he came back but things got harder for him as the season progressed. Towards the end he looked just as he does right now.

Reactions: Edgy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Only way he gets fired is if the Habs REALLY suck. I'm talking bottom 3 bad. Until then he always has somewhat valid excuses if Bergevin ever wants to talk about the teams performance. I mean the team busts their ass off most nights, but the lack of high end talent and any decent LHD will prevent them from doing anything in the playoffs(if they even make it). He should still be fired for the horrendous usage of young players when every other team in the league is playing their young players AND we refused to acquire certain players because we wanted to give these young players a chance.

Reactions: Vachon23

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I believe it will be Ducharme, he might have been offered a chance to be head coach if Julien cough, retires. I could see that happening just as a damage control measure.

Right now the one taking the head coach experience is Bouchard.
He should be next in line….and Ducharme, taking some NHL experience, should resume his head coaching progression in the Minor.

Still….not one of them deserve it right now.
Ducharme proved less than nothing in the pro and Bouchard is not making any miracles in Laval so far.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad