The chase for the playoffs (standings, scoreboard watching, and, of course, sagacious commentary)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
the caps are really scuffling as of late. ovechkin held pointless in 5 of his last 6 games.

also Isles with just one goal in their last 3 games.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Couple interesting developments:

1) It was neck and neck for awhile there, but looks like WC1 will once again be facing the Metro.

2) Don’t look now, but looking like more and more of a very real possibility that that team the WC1 will face will be the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
It's karma for NBCSN dropping our game for Ovechkin's.

I’d probably be destroyed on the mains for this (and by some on here), but that was dumb. It’s 700. It’s not 895. 700’s not a “cool” round number like 100, 500 or 1,000. Plus, it’s not like they “knew” it would happen (and it of course didn’t). They shouldn’t have moved us off. Yeah, I’m biased, whatever.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
We are screwed guys.

There is a bright side to this though, or maybe even several one's.

As always the team topped out when the disbelievers here went all bullish on CBJ.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I don't think we make it without Jones. This team is going to be tough next year if healthy, and even better the year after with some promising youth developing, but this year we'll be spectators. I'm not down on the boys or Torts, they had a hell of run the last 2 months, and who knows maybe they'll pull it out. Healthy and with a hot goalie, this team has a pretty high ceiling imo.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
as the clock has run out in the carolina-nashville game, the jackets are officially knocked out of the playoff picture.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I don't think we make it without Jones. This team is going to be tough next year if healthy, and even better the year after with some promising youth developing, but this year we'll be spectators. I'm not down on the boys or Torts, they had a hell of run the last 2 months, and who knows maybe they'll pull it out. Healthy and with a hot goalie, this team has a pretty high ceiling imo.

I like this line of thought. When I think back to how the season looked at Thanksgiving, it has been really nice to see the CBJ playing meaningful games until the last quarter of the season. If the wheels officially fall off now, we still got many months of overachieving and fighting for playoff positioning.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Not that these are small tasks, but if we can add a #2 center and another goal scorer, we're set for a long time.

a PLD-#2 C-Wennberg-Jenner center core is very appealing to me. It's got depth, its got potential (I still think there is more offense from Wennberg, way more from PLD, and Jenner can be better), and it covers all the bases of offense and defense across the board.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Add the Rangers to the list of teams to worry about. The list continues to grow as we continue to falter. Rangers just 6 points back after tonight's win, with 2 games in hand on us.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Add the Rangers to the list of teams to worry about. The list continues to grow as we continue to falter. Rangers just 6 points back after tonight's win, with 2 games in hand on us.

That team is going to be something special in a year or two.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

Not worried about the Rangers. Not because they can’t finish ahead of us. But if they do, we’re probably finishing behind Philly and Carolina anyway. I’d be very surprised if we finish behind the Rangers but ahead of either of those other two teams (i.e., the Rangers steal a playoff berth).

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
So we ruined our chances at getting a high pick in the draft? What a surprise.

Yep. While, I was thinking this would be a tank-job year for a top 10 pick... I'm still not too upset at the near 2 month run this team had, at this point.

I'll probably change my mind when we end up with the #15 pick in the draft though.:help:

Reactions: Madifer

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
So what if they end up with the 15th pick or around there. You can get good players anywhere in the draft. Columbus' leading goal scorer was the 89th pick.

Reactions: thebus88

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
So what if they end up with the 15th pick or around there. You can get good players anywhere in the draft. Columbus' leading goal scorer was the 89th pick.

My post is partly sarcasm. I was still rooting for them to win these games. I'd still rather see us in the playoffs. I just imagine that if we end up the #15 pick in the draft... I'll probably get a little draft day excitement and want the slightly higher draft pick. I like the NHL Draft. I like having draft picks. I like the intrigue of draft day.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
My post is partly sarcasm. I was still rooting for them to win these games. I'd still rather see us in the playoffs. I just imagine that if we end up the #15 pick in the draft... I'll probably get a little draft day excitement and want the slightly higher draft pick. I like the NHL Draft. I like having draft picks. I like the intrigue of draft day.
I thought it might be, which is why I didn't reply directly to you. I was just talking in general. Sometimes we as fans put too much into a draft, when a lot of times who you thought was real good, turns out to be not so good, and vice versa. You have your guys that are no doubters, but most of the draft is just guys you hope pan out with a little development.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Yep, I think the loss of Jones was the one more loss and the wrong loss for us to overcome. I’m still hopeful and tonight is a huge game.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Not that these are small tasks, but if we can add a #2 center and another goal scorer, we're set for a long time.

a PLD-#2 C-Wennberg-Jenner center core is very appealing to me. It's got depth, its got potential (I still think there is more offense from Wennberg, way more from PLD, and Jenner can be better), and it covers all the bases of offense and defense across the board.
I game your post a “like” as a 2C (and if I could be greedy at a top 6 LW) would be a huge boost for this team.............Now I would have given you “double likes” had you left Wennberg out of the equation. :thumbu: :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad