The chase for the playoffs (standings, scoreboard watching, and, of course, sagacious commentary)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Probably not making the playoffs without Jones. It was a good run though.

Who knows, maybe Z can be a true #1D, I just haven’t seen it yet.
Not making the playoffs without Panarin.
Not making the playoffs without a veteran goalie replacing Bob.
Not making the playoffs with Korpi injured...
Always so doom and gloom around here. Yeah Jones is our best player but 1 man doesnt make a team and we have seen that all year. There is still a good defense and the team D wont change, this is just another oppurtunity for someone to step up and the team to come together even more

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Not making the playoffs without Panarin.
Not making the playoffs without a veteran goalie replacing Bob.
Not making the playoffs with Korpi injured...
Always so doom and gloom around here. Yeah Jones is our best player but 1 man doesnt make a team and we have seen that all year. There is still a good defense and the team D wont change, this is just another oppurtunity for someone to step up and the team to come together even more
We haven’t made the playoffs without Bob and Panarin.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The news is extremely upsetting, I hope the team's spirit can survive this. :\ this by far the worst news since Panarins departure.

Why Seth and why now ffs

Reactions: thebus88

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Next 3 games are must wins if we want playoffs. We have affort to lose 10 games for pace 100points. 15wins for last 25games its hard when we look to incoming games. TBL 2x PHi x2 PIT, BOS, CAP, Canadian trip 3games. 2x NSH. I think those are the hardest games. Hopefully Seth isnt out for rest of the season.. We can do this but its going to need one hell of the team.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I have accepted the reality. This team was too damaged psychologically and f***ed up the first two months but right now its "too injured".

I no longer believe the Jackets make it to playoffs this year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I have accepted the reality. This team was too damaged psychologically and ****ed up the first two months but right now its "too injured".

I no longer believe the Jackets make it to playoffs this year.
we just played two top teams which we battled hard and outplayed at times.

Then today We were up 2-0 and tied it up late.

I don’t see indication to give up on this team.

PP is shit, OT play is shit, offense is lacking. We have a big room to grow

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Positives:

CBJ gain a point
NYI lost 5-0 to NSH
NYR won in Shootout in MIN. Long game and more travel
TOR lost 3-2 to DAL
FLA lost

Negatives:

Jackets choked a point away
PHI won 6-2

We will end the night in WC1. Tied with PHI for WC2, 4 points ahead of CAR (they have 2 GIH), 5 ahead of FLA ( they have 1 GIH)

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Positives:

CBJ gain a point
NYI lost 5-0 to NSH
NYR won in Shootout in MIN. Long game and more travel
TOR lost 3-2 to DAL
FLA lost

Negatives:

Jackets choked a point away
PHI won 6-2

We will end the night in WC1. Tied with PHI for WC2, 4 points ahead of CAR (they have 2 GIH), 5 ahead of FLA ( they have 1 GIH)
In short, we're running into some speed bumps, but so is pretty much everyone else.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Boy I just looked at our March/April schedule. We had better get some guys back

16 games total: 13 games total against current playoff teams. Two of the non playoff teams are Carolina and Nashville, who will be desperate for points.

Reactions: rotsbu

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Boy I just looked at our March/April schedule. We had better get some guys back

16 games total: 13 games total against current playoff teams. Two of the non playoff teams are Carolina and Nashville, who will be desperate for points.
At least we play PHI twice (back-to-back games) and NYI once more. Those games look to be huge 4-point swingers.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I'll repeat it again. even if the team doesn't make the playoff. just the chase for a spot was more than anticipated and was fun. still think this is a good year for the org.

Sure beats the last place finish all the pundits had. Nice growth from some players (Werenski) too.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad