The chase for the playoffs (standings, scoreboard watching, and, of course, sagacious commentary)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
We’ve shown we can beat both Caps and Bruins so placement is not as much of a concern for me as getting in.

Both caps and bruins, but also many other teams will be different in March. And even more different in April. Being able to beat them now doesnt say much..

March's schedule and the race towards PO will make or break this team imo. And if they get to the final 8 in the East then it will get even more interesting..

Reactions: Monstershockey

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
For those of us who were Wings fans during the 70s and 80s, I'm sure it's just like old times. Thankfully I'm not emotionally tied to that team anymore; it's bad enough still being a Tigers & Lions fan lol.

We are some sad souls. At least I can use the excuse that I lived there for most of my life before moving here :facepalm:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Devils are up 3-0 against Flyers. We might receive an unexpected gift.

Canes are playing in Arizona tonight.

Islanders are tied 3-3 vs Kings

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Oh some interesting results last night.

Gratz to Vegas for whacking the Cats. Special thx goes to Bob, well done dude.

BUF losing a point to Detroit haha! Pitts vs Tampa is a non event imo. NJD stopping Philly is great news!

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Only 4 points behind Pens for home ice advantage. I wouldn't call it "non event."
Agreed. In a hockey world of priorities, right now seeing the Isles, Canes, and Flyers lose is a higher priority than the Pens losing...but...their losses still keep a door open for the CBJ. Heck with the Isles games at hand we could just as easily be competing with the Pens for #3 with the Isles sitting at #2.

Everything is fluid. I am concerned with everyone from the Pens @ #2 in the Metro down to Habs @ #5 in the WC race.

As of Friday AM 7 Feb my priorities are (of course CBJ wins is tops)
  1. Canes
  2. Flyers
  3. Isles
  4. Leafs
  5. Pens
  6. Cats
  7. Habs

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Rangers and Sabres are not really a threat in my opinion
Agreed but one extra nail in the coffin never hurts and besides...always fun to cheer against the Rangers and Bread :)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
30 days ago I made that thread because I was happy the team was at least in the race for wc2 after being last in pretty much all media standing at the start of the season.

Today the team is now 6th in the league and looking hot as can be. this has been a wild month boys

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Tomorrow all of our play off spot rivals are either playing each other or playing top opposition.

With a win tomorrow we can really solidify our position

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
There are some important games today:

MTL plays vs TOR tomorrow. I hope MTL wins, as the Leafs should not be allowed any resurgence. Its regrettable that the ducks couldn't beat them last night.

TBL plays NYI. Go Botls (it feels wrong to type that:confused:)

PIT vs Fla. Go Geno and Sid. Break FLA's spirit and make Bob allow another 6 goals.

Flyers vs WSH: OV I dont like you but you are totally allowed to score another hattie..

Vegas should beat the Canes.

Its going to be a great night.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
There are some important games today:

MTL plays vs TOR tomorrow. I hope MTL wins, as the Leafs should not be allowed any resurgence. Its regrettable that the ducks couldn't beat them last night.

TBL plays NYI. Go Botls (it feels wrong to type that:confused:)

PIT vs Fla. Go Geno and Sid. Break FLA's spirit and make Bob allow another 6 goals.

Flyers vs WSH: OV I dont like you but you are totally allowed to score another hattie..

Vegas should beat the Canes.

Its going to be a great night.

Just no f***ing OT's

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Pretty bad day overall for the CBJ

Positive:

TB beat NYI
PIT and FLA didn't go to OT

Negative:

CBJ lost
PIT won (someone had to win but the gap is back to 4 for 2nd)
Toronto got a point
Flyers won
Canes won

Reactions: Madifer

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Without Seth we are doomed. Next game against Lighting, no Jones. FFS...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad