The chase for the playoffs (standings, scoreboard watching, and, of course, sagacious commentary)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Lets support detroit against philly today, dallas should beat nyr and finally tor vs fla shouldnt be a 3 points game...

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Watching the FLA/TOR game on NHL TV.

Bob most likely sits tomorrow and Barkov is out with a lower body injury obtained in their last game. Panthers have 0 shots on goal through the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Panthers look absolutely hopeless without Barkov. Gotta get two points tomorrow
Anderson left with an upper body injury and they never really tested Hutchinson in relief in the 2nd. They are lucky it is only 2-1 right now. 11 shots in 2 periods.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Philly's revival is a concern. FLA if healthy could make noise.

TOR and NYR arent scary imo. NYI is a dark horse, maybe pretty much like CBJ. Canes = not sure what to say but they surely are in the running.

The 6 discarded teams arent making any progress. I think the gap with MTL, BUF and NYR is there for valid reasons.

Last edited:

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
sagacious is ok? id how about ludicrous, preposterous, or ridiculous? i'm going for it anyway :D

really nice to see you guys doing well, especially after losing a few high profile players. hockey is a team game, and some people seem to only see what's on paper. :huh:

rooting for you, unless you're playing my Isles.

and especially rooting for you, when playing the Raggers. they suck! always!!

:DD :naughty: :thumbu:

Reactions: Viqsi and thebus88

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
sagacious is ok? id how about ludicrous, preposterous, or ridiculous? i'm going for it anyway :D

really nice to see you guys doing well, especially after losing a few high profile players. hockey is a team game, and some people seem to only see what's on paper. :huh:

rooting for you, unless you're playing my Isles.

and especially rooting for you, when playing the Raggers. they suck! always!!

:DD :naughty: :thumbu:

I guess you have found the only non bannable way to be yourself on certain levels on this forum. ;)

Raggers are trash and Panarin wont save them imo.

Reactions: buud

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Philly's revival is a concern. FLA if healthy could make noise.

TOR and NYR arent scary imo. NYI is a dark horse, maybe pretty much like CBJ. Canes = not sure what to say but they surely are in the running.

The 6 discarded teams arent making any progress. I think the gap with MTL, BUF and NYR is there for valid reasons.

Toronto's high end talent makes them as scary as we were to Tampa last playoffs. I still hold the opinion that they get in and are a lock to do so, but its almost go time. They need to turn it around quickly. Their high end talent says they will, but their lack of depth on defense and goaltending is shining through right now.

NYI are basically the same team as they were last year. Solid, probably a playoff team, but not a contender.

CAR, CBJ, PHI, and FLA are the hard ones. The CBJ aren't as good as their 25 game run implies, but they are also not as bad as they showed at the start of the year. Carolina is kind of the same way, except reversed (and I don't trust their goaltending at all). Philadelphia is probably the most dangerous offensive team of the Metro cluster, but their depth is meh, and goaltending is unproven. Florida has a very potent offense, but a bad defense that bleeds chances. They're starting to play better though, and are the best team of these 4 on talent alone.

NYR has a few high end pieces and a bunch of youth/nothing. They're out of it, but they're still going to be competitive.

MTL and BUF are out of it too. Unless Carey Price goes on an absurd run.

Locks (IMO): WSH, PIT, BOS, TB, TOR

That leaves 3 spots. Both wild cards and Metro 3. Between CBJ, FLA, NYI, CAR, and PHI.

It's going to be a really tight finish. At least one of these teams is going to make a desperate move at the deadline to get a leg up to get in (my gut says it'll be Florida given how much they invested into this season).

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto's high end talent makes them as scary as we were to Tampa last playoffs. I still hold the opinion that they get in and are a lock to do so, but its almost go time. They need to turn it around quickly. Their high end talent says they will, but their lack of depth on defense and goaltending is shining through right now.

NYI are basically the same team as they were last year. Solid, probably a playoff team, but not a contender.

CAR, CBJ, PHI, and FLA are the hard ones. The CBJ aren't as good as their 25 game run implies, but they are also not as bad as they showed at the start of the year. Carolina is kind of the same way, except reversed (and I don't trust their goaltending at all). Philadelphia is probably the most dangerous offensive team of the Metro cluster, but their depth is meh, and goaltending is unproven. Florida has a very potent offense, but a bad defense that bleeds chances. They're starting to play better though, and are the best team of these 4 on talent alone.

NYR has a few high end pieces and a bunch of youth/nothing. They're out of it, but they're still going to be competitive.

MTL and BUF are out of it too. Unless Carey Price goes on an absurd run.

Locks (IMO): WSH, PIT, BOS, TB, TOR

That leaves 3 spots. Both wild cards and Metro 3. Between CBJ, FLA, NYI, CAR, and PHI.

It's going to be a really tight finish. At least one of these teams is going to make a desperate move at the deadline to get a leg up to get in (my gut says it'll be Florida given how much they invested into this season).

I mostly agree expect for Toronto being a lock. Something is rotting on that team and it doesnt seem to be the coach..

Last edited:
Reactions: buud and thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Toronto has no defense and no goaltending depth and it showed last night. They appear lucky Andersen will be fine but it should scare them because If he goes down they are done.

Reactions: buud and thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I don’t know if any team would want to pay a steep price for any of our goalies given they are only proven for half a season

1 guy has "proven" positive things for like 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad