CFL: The CFL Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Big Play VA does it again.

Hilarious collapse from Calgary, who has been on the right side of those games year in and year out. I must say, some pretty weak calls went against them as well. Looks like the CFL has finally stopped giving them the Patriots treatment.

Adams is pretty much Nealon Greene but with actual throwing accuracy, which means he'll be a star QB in this league for a long time.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Adams is pretty much Nealon Greene but with actual throwing accuracy, which means he'll be a star QB in this league for a long time.

Yeah, that's a good comparison. I had wondered how looked so bad before this year and suddenly so good. I guess they kind of explained on the broadcast tonight why he never broke out until now, basically didn't respect the quality of the league when he first came up here.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Montreal's been quite the surprise thus far in the CFL. Wonder if they can keep it up as the season enters its 2nd half.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Montreal's been quite the surprise thus far in the CFL. Wonder if they can keep it up as the season enters its 2nd half.

If Adams stays healthy, there's no reason they shouldn't. If they beat the Argos on Sunday, it pretty well ends any chance of Toronto eventually catching them in the standings, and Ottawa is not looking like a good bet to get past 6 or 7 wins right now. Adams getting injured long term is the only thing that could realistically lead to them flaming out in the second half and missing the playoffs IMO. And I mean, they probably could "flame out" to the tune of 3-7 and still make it provided one of the wins was their remaining game against the Redblacks.

Reactions: tony d

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Another story of the CFL season got to be the QB injuries. Nichols is out now for 4-6 weeks I believe. Knock on wood but my Eskies seem to be having luck at QB this yr. with Harris and his not being injured.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Montreal just needs to finish ahead of Toronto and Ottawa, which shouldn't be hard. Toronto is a trainwreck and Ottawa is desperately missing a capable QB

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ottawa needs to save our sanity and cut Dom Davis. The guy is horrendous.

5/14 INT Ratio through 10 games. I can't ever recall a QB getting yanked halfway into the first quarter in any league.

Jennings is garbage too but at least the offense showed some life with him in there.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Toronto blows a win that could have at least put them back in the race for a couple more week . Disappointing from a neutral perspective. It's not even Labour Day and the 6 playoff teams are decided, barring something exceptional occurring.

Reactions: robertmac43

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
since I am too lazy to read this whole thread, and

having lost the ability to smell burnt toast......

is it true that Winnipeg has played all their games on Thursday night......or have I had a stroke?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
since I am too lazy to read this whole thread, and

having lost the ability to smell burnt toast......

is it true that Winnipeg has played all their games on Thursday night......or have I had a stroke?

No, this is not true. Less than half.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Toronto blows a win that could have at least put them back in the race for a couple more week . Disappointing from a neutral perspective. It's not even Labour Day and the 6 playoff teams are decided, barring something exceptional occurring.
I'm a Ticat fan and it's not easy for me to say this, the Argos better than their record and the Ticats are not as good as their record. I'm looking forward to the Labour day game.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Harris suspended two games for taking a prohibited drug.

Pretty disappointed. He was one of my favourite players in the league for being such a dual-threat. He claims it was just bad luck and wasn't a PED, but it's hard to know what to believe.

Reactions: irunthepeg

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Is it just me or is the running game almost abandoned in the CFL?

Are there any more Mike Pringles?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm a Ticat fan and it's not easy for me to say this, the Argos better than their record and the Ticats are not as good as their record. I'm looking forward to the Labour day game.

I would definitely disagree there. The Argos maybe slightly better than the record but the Ticats are definitely as good as their record IMO. 8-2 is not a fluke especially when you are missing your star QB. The defense has been amazing!

Reactions: sabremike

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Um no. See Blue Bombers, Winnipeg. Lol. Overall though all football continues to move to passing.

Odd week to post this though. Winnipeg won with ~180 yards rushing and 89 yards passing (like 60 net pass once you add in sacks).

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The athletes that CFL teams are finding to play on their defensive lines has a lot to do with it IMO. Everyone knew Montreal was handing it to Pringle and still couldn't stop it. That just doesn't really happen anymore. You've always had guys like Willie Jefferson and Almondo Sewell, but I'm not sure you had this many guys at that level 20 years ago. A good offensive line used to get over on good defensive lines, I think that's flipped the last 15 years. My memory could be faulty here, but I don't ever remember debacles like BC regularly giving up 6 or 7 sacks in a game occurring in the past.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I would definitely disagree there. The Argos maybe slightly better than the record but the Ticats are definitely as good as their record IMO. 8-2 is not a fluke especially when you are missing your star QB. The defense has been amazing!
The Ticats have won a few close games that in past years they would lose. It's kind of opposite of previous years where they were better than their record, this year they aren't as good, they deserve to be about 6-4 or may be 7-3.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018

You could make a case for Andrew Harris. The guy has come close to hitting 1000 yards rushing and 1000 yards receiving in a season a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad