CFL: The CFL thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The guy was an allstar last year, so it's not really shocking that teams still want him. Football across North America has teams who will take this problem players.

Is Adrian Peterson really any better of a NFLer than Carter is a CFLer as of today or even the past couple years? I'd say no. Is what Peterson did worse than what Carter did? I'd say yes.

He wasn’t a deserving all-star, he got there on reputation.

Yes Peterson was a much better NFLer than Carter is a CFLer.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He wasn’t a deserving all-star, he got there on reputation.

Yes Peterson was a much better NFLer than Carter is a CFLer.
I'm not talking careers. I'm talking what have you done for me lately. Carter was still top 10 in the league last year for yards and 3rd in TD's. Maybe he wasn't an All-Star, but pretty damn close

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm not talking careers. I'm talking what have you done for me lately. Carter was still top 10 in the league last year for yards and 3rd in TD's. Maybe he wasn't an All-Star, but pretty damn close

He was so good that the Riders has to put him in defense in order to deal with him.

If he came to Calgary he would definitely be at best the 5th receiver if that.

Look the Argos are terribly built and desperate so I guess I can see then willing to take a Hail Mary but the point is they should be built better like the good teams so they don’t have to take a risk on a piece of crap like Carter.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He was so good that the Riders has to put him in defense in order to deal with him.

If he came to Calgary he would definitely be at best the 5th receiver if that.

Look the Argos are terribly built and desperate so I guess I can see then willing to take a Hail Mary but the point is they should be built better like the good teams so they don’t have to take a risk on a piece of crap like Carter.
Like I said desperate teams do this type of stuff. They have no choice. We aren't talking about a troubled player going to the best team in the league.

How is it going to look if Carter goes somewhere else and contributes on a team that beats you out of the playoffs? How do you explain that to your ownership? Especially Toronto or Montreal who are having hard times with attendance. They can't afford to be losing

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Like I said desperate teams do this type of stuff. They have no choice. We aren't talking about a troubled player going to the best team in the league.

How is it going to look if Carter goes somewhere else and contributes on a team that beats you out of the playoffs? How do you explain that to your ownership? Especially Toronto or Montreal who are having hard times with attendance. They can't afford to be losing

I think you could point to him having been kicked off two teams already and his complete lack of helping teams in the past.

If he came in and made a positive difference on a team it would be the first time in his career he did that.

I would also point out that it has been what two weeks and he still isn’t signed even with desperate teams out there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think you could point to him having been kicked off two teams already and his complete lack of helping teams in the past.

If he came in and made a positive difference on a team it would be the first time in his career he did that.

I would also point out that it has been what two weeks and he still isn’t signed even with desperate teams out there.
I really don't disagree too much with you. I just see at some point someone probably will sign him.

Although the Argos are on a two game winning streak with MTL, HAM, HAM next and could find themselves on an even larger winning streak.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Obviously there is still much of the season to go, but I feel like tonight is already a must win game for the Ti-cats, especially with the Argos going up against the Als.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Alright, I'll be the first to say it: Pipkin is better than Manziel. Montreal looks like a legitimate professional football team with him at the helm. Good on Kavis Reed for finding him...but in retrospect it is bloody insane that he gave up all those picks for Manziel before giving this guy a shot.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Alouettes win the Grey Cup!!!!

OK just a contest of who is the better of these completely unimpressive teams but I'll take it.

QB controversy in MTL it appears. No way you can take Pipkin out of there next Friday. Let Johnny rest his brain some more I say.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
How much longer until Streveler gets handed the reins in Winnipeg? A scoreless 2nd half for Nichols today. Edmonton and Winnipeg are really battling hard to see which team can be the bigger underachieving embarrassment.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Went into this weekend with morbid thoughts bout Ham losing and the Argos winning. Thankfully both teams did the opposite. Puts us in a good spot going into the Labour day...Would love to host a playoff game this year!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I like the guy and all and he's had quite the story...but there's something really wrong with Nichols at this point. Has to be.

That injury ****ed with something in him. He's way less sure of himself and far more erratic than he usually is. The guy can't even hit checkdowns today. Could be a mental thing too i guess.

Shame really. Guy busted his ass to get where he is and now it looks like it might almost be time for a benching to let him get his head/body right.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Alright, I'll be the first to say it: Pipkin is better than Manziel

I feel bad for Manziel, was rooting for him with the Cats and even when he was traded, but man Pipkin put Johnny football in his spot. Starting to think the fall from grace is going to keep on going and going

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Nichols play has regressed to the point of his final days in Edmonton back in 2015. I remember he was displaced by Franklin that season as the backup due to his poor play when Rielly was injured despite a winning record. Shortly after he was traded to Winnipeg.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I feel bad for Manziel, was rooting for him with the Cats and even when he was traded, but man Pipkin put Johnny football in his spot. Starting to think the fall from grace is going to keep on going and going

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Pipkin should have the job until he falters, but the GM is gonna look awfully stupid if Johnny is on the bench the rest of the year after he gave up a king's ransom for him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Pipkin should have the job until he falters, but the GM is gonna look awfully stupid if Johnny is on the bench the rest of the year after he gave up a king's ransom for him.

If they are smart (which we know they aren’t) they should just let it play out. Pipkin is not good enough, and Montreal certainly isn’t good enough, that there won’t be a chance to pull him for Manziel sooner than later.

This way Johnny gets to heal, learn the offense/league more and avoid the bad optics of forcing him in.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Also what a garbage spot is n that 3rd down.

Can Wally not challenge because you know there is no way the league is reversing that call against their previous Priders.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Thought that spot was actually generous to BC. And he was still 18 inches short.

Steve McAdoo's play calling is so hilariously bad. Like "a 10 year old playing Madden would be a superior OC" level bad. This game shouldn't have been nearly so close.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
If they are smart (which we know they aren’t) they should just let it play out. Pipkin is not good enough, and Montreal certainly isn’t good enough, that there won’t be a chance to pull him for Manziel sooner than later.

This way Johnny gets to heal, learn the offense/league more and avoid the bad optics of forcing him in.

Pipkin is slow going through his progressions and tends to lock onto receivers, but that's not unexpected in his first two games. I've seen nothing from Manziel to suggest he's any better of a prospect at this point. Next game will be interesting. There is film on Pipkin now, and Ottawa has a better defense than Toronto or Edmonton.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Don't like the timing of Duron's arrival...back to back games against Hamilton coming up and this does not make it easier for the Cats

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pipkin is slow going through his progressions and tends to lock onto receivers, but that's not unexpected in his first two games. I've seen nothing from Manziel to suggest he's any better of a prospect at this point. Next game will be interesting. There is film on Pipkin now, and Ottawa has a better defense than Toronto or Edmonton.
Manziel was doing the samething. He almost had his guy picked before the snap and would just stick to that guy regardless of what else is open or who was covering that man
Don't like the timing of Duron's arrival...back to back games against Hamilton coming up and this does not make it easier for the Cats
Sounds like he won't play until week 15 against the Roughriders. No idea why he doesn't get in one of the games against the Cats.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sounds like he won't play until week 15 against the Roughriders. No idea why he doesn't get in one of the games against the Cats.

Oh I will defs take that. Just wondering what your source is? Cause I have heard a variety of different things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad