CFL: The CFL thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
About time his mouth, dumb penalties and crap attitude was never worth his supposed talent.

He makes some amazing catches but they are way to few and far between to make up for all the dumb crap he does.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm going to laugh so hard if Jones cut Duron, a noted loudmouth to bring in TO, another noted loudmouth. An old one at that, too.

The general consensus seems to be the Riders dumped him to save cap and no team was willing to trade for him knowing that.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Manziel played better last night which was good to see. Have to see how he does as each game goes on but always improving is good to see if you're a fan of his.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You can see the raw talent, especially his mobility. Lots of rust there, obviously. Hoping it’s just rust and not anything more than that.
I think he needs someone to work with him off the field. Someone to go over film so he can understand what he's doing right or wrong. What in his past was right or wrong. When he was in college he didn't have to spend any time off the field. But as a pro if he wants to ever get back to the NFL or even have success in the CFL he needs to put in the time off the field as well.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lots of talk going around that the Eskies game Saturday night is likely to be rescheduled. The smoke from the BC fires are causing major issues for the area.

Can't imagine how bad it is over there. We got a pretty healthy amount here and we're like 3 provinces over. It was enough where it irritated my throat just from being outside for a few minutes. God knows how they expect to play a football game in a city that currently resembles Bejing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ah yes, the refs are the reason why the DBs are getting torched and continually playing zone coverage. the refs are the reason why Harris has only touched the ball 4 times in the first half. the refs are the reason why Nichols can't hit anything past 10-15 yards.

This fanbase is just ripe full of excuses apparently.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
First half was ref bs. 2nd half was bomber bs.

The worst call of the game was the botched Command Centre call that actually helped Winnipeg.

Your team was awful from the beginning of the game right until the end. Powell outperformed A. Harris, while T. Harris outperformed Nichols. The only notable offensive player for the Blue Bombers was Adams, and let's not even start on the defensive effort lol.

Needless to say, the refs played little part in this game. Take the L

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
To be fair, Powell only outperformed Harris because they ****ing refused to give him the ball for half the game.

There's no excuses. The Bombers have the talent to be among the best in the league, but they do not have to coaching for that.

Why does Richie Hall continually call zone defenses only for it to get scorched? Why does he make legit good players like Chris Randle look like total crap in his system? Why did O'Shea ask him to come back? Why do they not run the ball with the best back in the CFL more?

O'Shea has grown into a good head coach in my opinion, but at some point he needs to answer for his questionable calls in hiring/keeping coordinators.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
To be fair, Powell only outperformed Harris because they ****ing refused to give him the ball for half the game.

Not really. Powell only got six more carries than Harris, and only because an entire drive Ottawa went to Powell to kill the time.

Harris made one good play, but most of the game was swallowed up at the line of scrimmage for little/no gain. Powell also outperformed Harris in the air.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Game went ahead with the Eskies winning, still sad to see all those fires. Thoughts are with everyone in BC at this time. Hope those are all put out soon. We're getting some of the smoke all the way down here in Newfoundland.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good win for the Roughriders for sure. I was thinking Calgary's undefeated season would end vs. the Eskies during Labor Day week.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And now the Bombers have the pleasure of getting to play in Calgary (a place they never win to start with) against a likely pissed off Stamps juggernaut.

Maybe this will be enough to fire Richie Hall.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
These teams wonder why they continue to suck, its because they make boneheaded decisions like this all the time.

The only teams I haven't seen linked to Carter: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Ottawa, the teams with the best front office staffs in the league: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa.

I mean this goof was so bad that the guy who doesn't give a crap more than any other coach about taking in bad guys let him go. A team with little to no talent but so desperate to win let him go.

Carter has great physical talent so dumb teams think you know what we can change him, but take a look at his production it isn't close to as good as people, and especially he, thinks it is.

I am surprised Trestman would go for it but he may have lost some of his power with this start and Popp has always been wildly overrated thanks to a super weak East and Calvillo. Take away AC and Poop is a garbage GM.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Yeah, old Jim Popp has always been obsessed with shiny toys, so to speak. The king of bringing in the washed up NFLers who used to be stars. Nevermind Duron, Popp probably has Cris Carter on his negotiation list.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
These teams wonder why they continue to suck, its because they make boneheaded decisions like this all the time.

The only teams I haven't seen linked to Carter: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Ottawa, the teams with the best front office staffs in the league: Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa.

I mean this goof was so bad that the guy who doesn't give a crap more than any other coach about taking in bad guys let him go. A team with little to no talent but so desperate to win let him go.

Carter has great physical talent so dumb teams think you know what we can change him, but take a look at his production it isn't close to as good as people, and especially he, thinks it is.

I am surprised Trestman would go for it but he may have lost some of his power with this start and Popp has always been wildly overrated thanks to a super weak East and Calvillo. Take away AC and Poop is a garbage GM.
The guy was an allstar last year, so it's not really shocking that teams still want him. Football across North America has teams who will take this problem players.

Is Adrian Peterson really any better of a NFLer than Carter is a CFLer as of today or even the past couple years? I'd say no. Is what Peterson did worse than what Carter did? I'd say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad