CFL: The CFL thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking like Jalen Saunders is out for the season...It looked bad on the play and th reaction from Banks who was standing right over him said it all. Sucks for Saunders and the team, really annoyed it happen on a cross field slant route, suicide play.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Ottawa might need to start thinking about a QB change. Harris seems more intent on completing passes to BC players than his own team.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
You don't want Davis in at QB. That's far, far worse than Harris.

Davis appears capable of actually getting the ball out of his hands in less than 5 seconds. Harris lost this game for Ottawa tonight on unforced errors.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Duron Carter playing today for the Argos. Good talent but it does not change anything for me, the Cats should be winning this game!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Duron Carter playing today for the Argos. Good talent but it does not change anything for me, the Cats should be winning this game!

Yeah something tells me the Argos didn't find a secondary in 5 days. Hamilton should score 35+.

Masoli pretty much passing at will so far, as anticipate.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I can't see how it changes much. If they don't target him on a majority of the plays he will sulk and start taking plays off and causing issues on the sidelines and if they do target him that much he isn't good enough to overcome the defense shifting to him and easily defending the plays.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I can't see how it changes much. If they don't target him on a majority of the plays he will sulk and start taking plays off and causing issues on the sidelines and if they do target him that much he isn't good enough to overcome the defense shifting to him and easily defending the plays.

Its true. He hasn't done anything really today, and won't. I guess they are just trying to get him ready quicker now that Posey is signing with BC instead of Toronto.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ottawa might need to start thinking about a QB change. Harris seems more intent on completing passes to BC players than his own team.

If Harris is really this bad the league is left with two legit QBs (BLM and Reilly) and both those guys have some pretty clear flaws when compared to the top QBs in the past.

I know Pipken has looked better than terrible and Methel Bethel Tethl has got TO fans excited but neither of those guys look to be any good and are more of a fact of not being god awful than being actually good.

The CFL should have a plethora of QBs to choose from with the advent of spread offenses (and yes i know there is more to a CFL Qb than running but the spread should transfer nicely to the CFL) but it seems the opposite is happening with very few quality QBs in the league and zero promising young guys.

I guess the hope is we have some Calvillo types who are struggling early on and will turn it around but it looks pretty bleak now.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Masoli shows glimpses of being an elite QB, but they are just that, Glimpses... Too inconsistent!

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
If Harris is really this bad the league is left with two legit QBs (BLM and Reilly) and both those guys have some pretty clear flaws when compared to the top QBs in the past.

I know Pipken has looked better than terrible and Methel Bethel Tethl has got TO fans excited but neither of those guys look to be any good and are more of a fact of not being god awful than being actually good.

The CFL should have a plethora of QBs to choose from with the advent of spread offenses (and yes i know there is more to a CFL Qb than running but the spread should transfer nicely to the CFL) but it seems the opposite is happening with very few quality QBs in the league and zero promising young guys.

I guess the hope is we have some Calvillo types who are struggling early on and will turn it around but it looks pretty bleak now.

It really hasn't been a great year for QBs. Jeremiah Masoli would probably be my third choice in the entire league at this point.

Streveler really needs to get more of a look. Nichols is clearly not getting it done.

I think Bethel-Thompson could at least be game-manager quality if Toronto would go back to running more of a small ball/possession offense. No idea why they are throwing deep on every series, but it is failing spectacularly.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It really hasn't been a great year for QBs. Jeremiah Masoli would probably be my third choice in the entire league at this point.

As I was just saying he is inconstant he comes up huge with one of his best performances of the year. If he does this week in and week out, I can see him solidifying himself as that #3 best QB in the league.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
As I was just saying he is inconstant he comes up huge with one of his best performances of the year. If he does this week in and week out, I can see him solidifying himself as that #3 best QB in the league.

A turnover-free game from Masoli. A rarity from him, but when he does that Hamilton is tough to beat.

So I missed the Sask TD. How could I guess it was a Matt Nichols pick-6? Lol.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Hope Matt f***ols got a decent degree from college...his employment in the CFL needs to come to a merciful end.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The Riders are so awful.

I pray they finish 2nd and somehow fluke their way to the West final because that will be a gift trip to the Grey Cup.

Even with Nichols looking like he has money on the Riders to win they still are barely able to beat a very weak Bombers team.

I don't think Streveler is as good as Bomber fans seem to think but he can't be as bad as Nichols.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fun fact: the Riders just won a game without scoring a single point on offense.

All of their points came off of turnovers or special teams.

That is a new level of ineptitude.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The Eskimos are showing up so far. Not going to lie I really like the look of these forest green jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad