May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Goldobin - assist
Horvat - assist
Leivo - goal
Boeser - goal, assist
Pettersson- assist
Gaudette - assist

Once again, hard to be mad about a win, when you look at the scoresheet and see this from the youth.

While it is nice to have wins where the kids play their part, the fact that more wins means more foundation for Dim Jim to stand on is worrying.

I honestly don't want his fat ass sat in the f***ing chair anymore, unless he shows DRAMATIC performance improvement.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
While it is nice to have wins where the kids play their part, the fact that more wins means more foundation for Dim Jim to stand on is worrying.

I honestly don't want his fat ass sat in the ****ing chair anymore, unless he shows DRAMATIC performance improvement.

I’m not even convinced he’s on any real hotseat anyways. Canucks need to go on a terrible, terrible stretch and that likely just isn’t happening.

Pettersson has already bought him more time as it is, and I guarantee Aquilini is seeing progression.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I’m not even convinced he’s on any real hotseat anyways. Canucks need to go on a terrible, terrible stretch and that likely just isn’t happening.

Pettersson has already bought him more time as it is, and I guarantee Aquilini is seeing progression.

And this is the frustrating part, and why I very much like the tank to roll like T34 and Shermans.

Dim Jim is better at dodging bullets than Castro, this needs to change.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
You don't need to win the lottery to get good top-end players, see Pettersson/Keller/Nylander/Ehlers/Tkachuk/Provorov/Werenski/Meiers/Rantanen.

We just need a GM who's good with draft and knows the importance of extra draft picks.

Dim Jim? No, and f*** no.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It’s honestly not even about drafting at this point for me. I don’t think Benning is some mastermind so firing him isn’t going to kill Judd Brackett’s abilities.

This is more about Benning not being able to find the proper support cast for our youth in order to take that next step.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
We just need a GM who's good with draft and knows the importance of extra draft picks.

Dim Jim? No, and **** no.

Honestly, as long as we get in that mix (top 10), then we get a good player. At least if we don't mess it up like we did with Juolevi and Virtanen.
What worries me is our inability to get depth players with later picks in the draft. Because that means we have to rely on overpaying bottom 6 players in free agency to fill out our roster.
Let's hope that Lockwood and Gaudette become decent role players.

(I still have hope for Lockwood if he properly recovered from his shoulder injury)

I'm also really god damn surprised that Lind and Gadjovich bombed so hard in the AHL.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Honestly, as long as we get in that mix (top 10), then we get a good player. At least if we don't mess it up like we did with Juolevi and Virtanen.
What worries me is our inability to get depth players with later picks in the draft. Because that means we have to rely on overpaying bottom 6 players in free agency to fill out our roster.
Let's hope that Lockwood and Gaudette become decent role players.

(I still have hope for Lockwood if he properly recovered from his shoulder injury)

I'm also really god damn surprised that Lind and Gadjovich bombed so hard in the AHL.

Part of the many many many problems is that Dim Jim holds the belief that acquiring a draft pick will kill his f***ing cat.

No Jim, you cat will NOT die from the team getting extra picks, it will die when you sit your fat ass then take a fart on it, don't blame this on the draft picks!

And what you said also leads to a few other glaring issues such frequent overvalue of talents, inability to trade consistently, and a shocking lack of asset management.

A total and utter moron, and he must go.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Fun to watch, but with each game I become more and more convinced that Benning will not be fired due to the success of some of these young players and their careers will be wasted being surrounded with signings like MDZ, Beagle, Eriksson, Bartkowski, Schaller etc and trade acquisitions like Granlund and Gudbranson.

Going to be sad watching these great young players spend a chunk of their careers as a bottom team that may at best become a fringe playoff team.

Reactions: tyhee

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
More sadness. Im starting to believe we'll finish at the 12-15 spot, bleh.

They've been picking up a lot of points against the grain with so many fluke goals that won't consistently go in—I still think we stay in the bottom 6ish and get a shot at a good player. Like mentioned earlier by someone, you just need to nail your picks, wherever they are (not that our current group has shown any ability to do that).

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I look at our D, with guys like MDZ, Pouliot, Gudbranson and Biega getting regular and sometimes significant minutes, and we aren't losing every game, and I just scratch my head wondering how!? It's not like we have the 1984 Edmonton Oilers forward group to outscore all our problem either!
Is Travis Green actually some sort of coaching genius, that even a crap roster like this can't hold him back too much?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Here's Brock Boeser and his anti-tank rifle
source.gif

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
We're not playing the ******* St Louis Blues though

Nope but in my opinion the team we're playing against right now deserves it far more so than St. Louis

Plus it's Hitchcock, that's sorta...St. Louis, wouldn't you agree? I despise the team so much I've purged the name of the team and the city both from my vocabulary.
:thumbu:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
McDavid 0 shots, 2 faceoffs won.

Very quiet tonight.

You’re supposed to be the best player in the world.

upload_2018-12-16_21-9-54.jpeg

Reactions: valkynax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad