The Cake Is A Lie. The Tank Is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Nope but in my opinion the team we're playing against right now deserves it far more so than St. Louis

Plus it's Hitchcock, that's sorta...St. Louis, wouldn't you agree? I despise the team so much I've purged the name of the team and the city both from my vocabulary.
:thumbu:
St Louis is worse bub

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
St Louis is worse bub

Hehe I guess I don't know the Blues well enough. I do know that the team we're playing against now sucked out multiple generations of platinum talent like a tapeworm.

That's a comparison I would never ever EVER use on any other NHL teams.

Either way, tank still broken tonight, but least we're getting a good laugh out of it aren't we.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Looking like we are gonna sneak into the playoffs, get decimated, and buy Benning more time to be terrible.

Besides the young guys scoring, pretty bleak.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Looking like we are gonna sneak into the playoffs, get decimated, and buy Benning more time to be terrible.

Besides the young guys scoring, pretty bleak.

Rather unfortunate win, but season's barely half way.

And let's not forget the TDL, that's always a kicker isn't it?

Concerning? Yes. World-ending? Not yet.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
This is a tough row to hoe anyway what with Chicago and LA settling into long term awfulness for as far as the mind's eye can see and Boeser and Pettersson doing their thing. But look at it this way. Imagine being in Chicago's shoes; losing for Hughes, maybe getting Hughes and having to trade Hughes three years later at the end of his entry level because there's still no cap space and begin the process again ;)

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is a tough row to hoe anyway what with Chicago and LA settling into long term awfulness for as far as the mind's eye can see and Boeser and Pettersson doing their thing. But look at it this way. Imagine being in Chicago's shoes; losing for Hughes, maybe getting Hughes and having to trade Hughes three years later at the end of his entry level because there's still no cap space and begin the process again ;)

Hmm yeah but I think Bowman can make things happen, he's not Dim Jim.

Again, as long as it's not the team we played against tonight getting the pick, I'm fine with it.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Haha well played.

Though to tell you the truth I thought the Keith deal was pretty good, consider how big he was the contract almost felt undervalued.
Keith deal was fantastic when he hasn't declined, problem is the contract is wayyyy too long to end in a good side

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
For the several years every single move Stan makes will be with an eye on cost cutting. This has already been going on for a few years now of course but now that the core is heading into their sunset years the tank is a naturally occurring phenomenon and only figures to entrench itself going forward. Gonna be a helluva a ride these next four or five years in ol' Chitown, hang on to your hats!

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
As far as St Louis goes, they still haven't tried a good coach yet. I'd probably try that as a last ditch measure myself before gutting that roster. Perhaps a candidate from, say, the post Pleistocene age...

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
wow, the canucks really don't want jack hughes to be their teammates, do they? I just hope Quinn would not wait a few years just so he can sign with a team alongside with his brother.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The Spittin' Chiclets podcast recently had Stan Bowman on. It was a pretty good listen and a great guest for the pod to get. He talked about how it was pretty much the day after their first cup win he had to be on the phone calling other GM's, playing it cool like yeah we're looking at moving some guys etc trying not to let on the cap hell they were facing. Sounds like the same story year in and year out for him.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

It's very unlikely that would ever happen. Chicago is just starting to bottom out now, so they don't have any superstars in the pipeline yet. Should they get lucky winning the lottery and drafting Hughes (or whoever), his ELC starts next year meaning there's only one overlap year between having to resign him and still paying Toews and Kane $21 million.

If you look at what they have in the system now and project they will spend the next maybe 3 years loading up at the draft, they shouldn't have any issues managing the cap.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hmmm its fun to win with EP and Boeser but we desperately need another top pick. The depth isnt good enough on F or D. We are only set on C. Being a bubble team is the worst case scenario. Obviously Boeser has proven you dont have to draft in the top 10 to get a good player but we cant really afford to wait 3-4 years for that player to make the league. Best case scenario they make it in EP's 3rd ELC year.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Hmmm its fun to win with EP and Boeser but we desperately need another top pick. The depth isnt good enough on F or D. We are only set on C. Being a bubble team is the worst case scenario. Obviously Boeser has proven you dont have to draft in the top 10 to get a good player but we cant really afford to wait 3-4 years for that player to make the league. Best case scenario they make it in EP's 3rd ELC year.

They might land in the region of a Bowen Byram type pick which would be fine

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm all for team tank to get another stud but you can't complain when Elias, Bo and Brock are leading the charge. Regardless where we finish this has been a fun season so far and as these 3 have given us hope. Who knows maybe we get lucky and finish around 20th but win the lottery. Ya ya chances are low but were watching a new beginning unfolding right now and the future looks bright with these 3. Adding Quinn Hughes and maybe Tryamkin retuns next year along with one of Virtanen or Gaudette taking another step forward is possible. It's fun to be a Canucks fan again was miserable for awhile.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
200w.gif

We are driving straight into mediocrity and the sheep couldn't be happier.

Oh man the next 5 year's are going to be worthless.

Thanks Aquaman :thumbu:

Reactions: Carl Carlson

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
We are 26th in the league in CF%.
There is no reason to panic, just relax. The team isn't good and we'll get a top 10 pick, which is a win.

Reactions: Canucks5551
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad