Post-Game Talk: The B's get swamped in the Everglades - Panthers 5 BRUINS 0 F

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Same old same old. Something has to change and the injury excuse does not apply to this forward group. The young d have not been the issue.

The transition game is hurt a lot without McAvoy for 22 mins a game. They are defending a lot more instead of playing offense. Of course, the forward group has been playing garbage, too.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The only thing that will help is Bergeron.

A team that has to depend on one player that much, will not be a succesful one in regards in doing any damage in the playoffs. This team desperately need to trade for a second line rw and a 2/3 line center, it's "klar wie Kloßbrühe" my grandma would say.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
there seems to be no offensive plan what so ever... im getting very sick of pasta and marshy trying carry the puck through five guys .. passing is atrocious, i dont remember seeing marchand this bad in a long time. i dont think the sky is falling but man these last 5-10 games have been a tough watch.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
It is so discouraging to watch. I still love the Bruins and when I am mad I say things that I don't mean and I know a lot of people do the same. I do believe these injuries have caused this team into a weaker team. So when do these others start opening up the game by taking more chances, I for one don't really like when the d-men pinch but to pull out a few more wins they need to start and hope the goalies can make the break away saves from the opponents. I can't blame management for the teams play I still think it is the injuries that have piled up. I am impressed with Connor Clifton's play and I hope he sticks around, he reminds me of Krug the way he skates up the ice and sets up plays. Hoping we get Chara and Bergy back soon and hoping they are back for the Winter Classic.

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Disgraceful lack of effort and that is something I've never been able or willing to tolerate from the Bruins.

I don't know if they thought they could take a night off to rest up for Tampa but if they play like this Thursday the Lightning will massacre them.

Sums it up.

The only person who showed up to play last night was Halak.

The entire team looked like they were giving it half their all.

Pathetic honestly.

We're on to Tampa.. :ha::help:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Bruins are missing 33 year old Bergeron and their offense has gone completely south. They have needed anther center since game one and still waiting. None of the draft picks are ready.

Reactions: rfournier103

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Yes we are on to Tampa (Thurs.) and from past games under the same situations the Bruins will probably pull out a win. It seems the Bruins play their best against teams that are ahead of them in the standings. I think this is the game the Bruins start to open up and score more....Going on a limb and saying 5-3 Boston.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The transition game is hurt a lot without McAvoy for 22 mins a game. They are defending a lot more instead of playing offense. Of course, the forward group has been playing garbage, too.

They aren't playing like garbage, they are garbage.

The Bruins even with Bergeron have the worst group of forwards in the league once you get past the 5 guys actually producing offense (37, 63, 88, 46, 74).

The Bruins aren't making the playoffs with this forward group, seems pretty clear at this point. In the last 10 games, this team has scored just 17 goals. The Calgary Flames scored 9 last night in one game. That's the equivalent of what the Bruins are scoring now over 5 games.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can they inform Jacobs that his team will miss the playoffs and lose money if Neely, Sweeney and Cassidy are not gone before Christmas ?
When I have some time I’ll pull up a few of your posts from last November.

Glad to see you are alive hadn’t seen you since last years crappy start

Reactions: StrBender

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
That's what happens when you bank on a bunch of rookies when you're also banking on being a contender.
Sweeney is a joke for what he's turned this team into.......a mishmash majority group of 4th line forwards with zero toughness.
Getting pounded on the scoreboard and pounded on the ice.......Cam I hope is beating the shit out of Sweeney in some room right now

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's what happens when you bank on a bunch of rookies when you're also banking on being a contender.
Sweeney is a joke for what he's turned this team into.......a mishmash majority group of 4th line forwards with zero toughness.
Getting pounded on the scoreboard and pounded on the ice.......Cam I hope is beating the **** out of Sweeney in some room right now
This is what happens when you lose the leading scorer in the league and Selke poster boy along with 4 defenseman

I know I’m very bright and have a big beautiful brain but even lesser types that follow the Broons need to see this

End result

2019- 105+ points
2020 Stanley Cup

Relax folks go do some Christmas shopping

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I agree with this to a point but it does not forgive the total lack of effort against Detroit or Florida. You don't have to be good to try, the kids aren't good and aren't trying. Something somewhere in management or the drafting process is not working if you are drafting players who are rookies or second year players and they are putting in zero effort.

Reactions: wintersej

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is what happens when you lose the leading scorer in the league and Selke poster boy along with 4 defenseman

I know I’m very bright and have a big beautiful brain but even lesser types that follow the Broons need to see this

End result

2019- 105+ points
2020 Stanley Cup

Not if Sweengenius is Gm, there is something very wrong here and it's not just injuries.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree with this to a point but it does not forgive the total lack of effort against Detroit or Florida. You don't have to be good to try, the kids aren't good and aren't trying. Something somewhere in management or the drafting process is not working if you are drafting players who are rookies or second year players and they are putting in zero effort.

Oh yeah, in 5 of the last 6 periods (sans 3rd against Detroit) they have been painful to watch and impossible to root for. I think the treading water thru the injuries and trying to win 0-0 has finally caught up. They look spent.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

End result

2019- 105+ points
2020 Stanley Cup

The D and Bergeron going down doesn't change the fact that this team is dressing seven 4th line hockey players now on a nightly basis.

Even saying seven 4th line guys is a stretch. Kuraly, Wagner, Acciari, Cave, even Backes, should all be at best your 12th best forward in your line-up.

They have no secondary scoring. And in today's NHL, that means you have no chance of success.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

End result

2019- 105+ points
2020 Stanley Cup

"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can achieve today"
I want the cup in 2019

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
there seems to be no offensive plan what so ever... im getting very sick of pasta and marshy trying carry the puck through five guys .. passing is atrocious, i dont remember seeing marchand this bad in a long time. i dont think the sky is falling but man these last 5-10 games have been a tough watch.

Its frustration. There was a shift where *3* different Bruins tried (unsuccessfully) to go coast to coast through everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad