Post-Game Talk: The B's get swamped in the Everglades - Panthers 5 BRUINS 0 F

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I get that. But they havent even given Cehlarik a shot after the great camp he had. They have nothing to lose right now.

People care more about how Cehlarik looks in Providence vs how he's looked in the NHL, not really sure why but that's basically the gist of why he isn't getting a sniff despite how good he looked in his time with Krejci and Pasta.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
People care more about how Cehlarik looks in Providence vs how he's looked in the NHL, not really sure why but that's basically the gist of why he isn't getting a sniff despite how good he looked in his time with Krejci and Pasta.

Cehlarik looked better with Krejci and DeBrusk than he did with Pastrnak there. But then he got hurt. I am confident in saying that Cehlarik isn't going to come up and do anything so magical that it's going to fix anything significant.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Cehlarik looked better with Krejci and DeBrusk than he did with Pastrnak there. But then he got hurt. I am confident in saying that Cehlarik isn't going to come up and do anything so magical that it's going to fix anything significant.

I just feel like when he was up I saw a kid with legit offensive skill and creativity at the NHL level, something that JFK, Cave, et al have not shown an ounce of.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I just feel like when he was up I saw a kid with legit offensive skill and creativity at the NHL player, something that JFK, Cave, et al have not shown an ounce of.

He does have that, but can he stay healthy and bring it consistently. He did play with legit talent up here and really didn't produce much. It's a small sample size, but 4 points in 17 games with players like Pastrnak, DeBrusk, and Krejci isn't very good.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He does have that, but can he stay healthy and bring it consistently. He did play with legit talent up here and really didn't produce much. It's a small sample size, but 4 points in 17 games with players like Pastrnak, DeBrusk, and Krejci isn't very good.

He definitely didn't produce but I remember they were producing scoring chance after scoring chance and hit like 3-4 posts + had 2 goals taken back if I recall correctly. Maybe I'm not remembering right but they looked great to me.

Who knows, nothing to really lose at this point, no one else is scoring anyway, worth a shot I think.

Sad part is 4 points in 17 games would put him markedly ahead of his competition right now haha, wow it's bad in the bottom 9 forwards.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He definitely didn't produce but I remember they were producing scoring chance after scoring chance and hit like 3-4 posts + had 2 goals taken back if I recall correctly. Maybe I'm not remembering right but they looked great to me.

Who knows, nothing to really lose at this point, no one else is scoring anyway, worth a shot I think.

Sad part is 4 points in 17 games would put him markedly ahead of his competition right now haha, wow it's bad in the bottom 9 forwards.
Throw in some of his set ups which were absolutely brilliant. Hell, he even set up McQuaid out of all people for a goal. Then throw in his offensive contributions during preseason. He made some damn good plays to set up goals. Yeah, nothing to lose. What they have now is pure garbage offensively at a time in which offense is hard to come by.

Reactions: Emerz

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Throw in some of his set ups which were absolutely brilliant. Hell, he even set up McQuaid out of all people for a goal. Then throw in his offensive contributions during preseason. He made some damn good plays to set up goals. Yeah, nothing to lose. What they have now is pure garbage offensively at a time in which offense is hard to come by.
Yeah they have a bunch of forwards I would swap out with someone in Providence,really can’t see how they could be any worse.

False Start

May 8, 2018

I thought the exact same thing.

Then I saw Cehlarik live, and I was wondering who this guy was that was skating in molasses and couldn't keep up with the play for the majority of the game. Literally chasing the puck all game, not even coming close to it. Here we have a guy I thought, who plays slower than it appears on the television screen.

He's got good hockey skills, and size, just not the skating at the NHL level. Unless they think he's fixed that I doubt we'll be seeing him any time soon.

Reactions: Emerz

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Marchand -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Nordstrom -- Cave -- DeBrusk
Heinen -- Kuraly -- Backes
Donato -- Acciari -- Wagner

We thought the Bruins were a one line team with Bergeron in there. This is actually a one line team :laugh:

It really shows how desperately the Bruins need a trade up front. It was nice to hope every young prospect will develop positively each year and banking on speed and skill but it takes more than that to win.

The defense will be fine with injured players returning. Goaltending is fine.

The offense is just a brutal disaster. Get Krejci his 2nd line winger already and find a 3rd line center.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Marchand -- Krejci -- Pastrnak
Nordstrom -- Cave -- DeBrusk
Heinen -- Kuraly -- Backes
Donato -- Acciari -- Wagner

We thought the Bruins were a one line team with Bergeron in there. This is actually a one line team :laugh:
It’s a tire fire.

But we will all have much more productive lives if we only watch 1 shift out of 4 lol

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

That is it in a nutshell.Sweeney likes his plugs like Acciari with no talent at all.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
All the optimism of this season faded away when game 1 set the tone and then the injuries. Pity the team has no like star players at the end or near the end of their contracts they can offload for picks or young stud players. Only guys I could think of fitting those scenarios would be DK and Krug

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Tampa and Toronto coming up...

I honestly see both teams putting up a 6 pack on Boston.
I think the Bruins are going to win in overtime tomorrow. Since the Leafs game is in Boston Saturday the Bruins have a chance if it was in Toronto they would probably get slaughtered.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DtpdHxYW4AAAYP6.jpg

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Was Cave not the best player in Providence at the time of recall? Yes. Has he made a difference to this team? No. Neither will Cehlarik, Blidh or Fitzgerald. This team needs their NHL D back.

Right, so as big of a pile of underperforming it ineffective crap Cassidy is forced to throw out there each night in terms of young guys...take your pick (Heinen, Acciari, Kuraly, whoever), the next tier of players isn’t good enough to either push them out at least for the time being or pressure them to play better? Pretty sad state of affairs.

The injuries are opportunities for young players to grab playing time b and show what they’ve got. Some of the young players are squandering that opportunity, and that fact that the next wave is apparently not good enough to challenge them might be viewed as an indictment of this previously alleged deep prospect pool.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well I just watched the game having DVR'ed it due to work. Need not have bothered. What a horror show, and even worse coming after the Detroit performance. Not looking good at the moment.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well I just watched the game having DVR'ed it due to work. Need not have bothered. What a horror show, and even worse coming after the Detroit performance. Not looking good at the moment.
Wait, you watched it after the fact? Man, you're an absolute trooper.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wait, you watched it after the fact? Man, you're an absolute trooper.

Well, I was working out of town that night, so when that happens, I DVR it, then I avoid the news and the forums till I watch, so I had no idea what happened. No, if I had known the score ahead of time I would have saved myself the two hours :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well, I was working out of town that night, so when that happens, I DVR it, then I avoid the news and the forums till I watch, so I had no idea what happened. No, if I had known the score ahead of time I would have saved myself the two hours :laugh:
Oh good! I thought you knew the score and still decided to watch the game. I was thinking that you're a brave soul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->