Post-Game Talk: The B's get swamped in the Everglades - Panthers 5 BRUINS 0 F

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
In 2011 in March the Bruins went 8 games without a win including losing to Toronto and Montreal on road

The melt downs were fantastic and the Threads were amazing from fire Claude, Fire Chiarelli, We need to boycott to get Jacobs to sell

One poster blamed Lady fan for going and supporting Jacobs

We had the Bruins Ass Clown Association tell season ticket holders to skip a game

Tim Thomas can’t win a big game ?
Rask needs to be full time

Remember those ?

90 days later they won the Cup

Bruins fans overall are the most overreacting fan base of the four teams here

Each loss you get the most insane posts like the guy above who wants to fire Sweeney

You hit the nail on the head and I wish this could be a banner at the top of the B's forum. Its amazing how fast this fan base flip flops on the team, players, coaches, staff, management.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I know it sounds inane but does anybody else think the Bruins should try Backes between Pasta and Marchand ? I think they could use a big body and while Backes can’t skate he can give and take a pass and be a good net front presence for those two .

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The 2011 team and the 2018 team are completely different. The 2011 team would absolutely maul this one.
Lol good word.

Like horrific. Turn your eyes from. Why is that bear still mangling that poor creature type mauling.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
You hit the nail on the head and I wish this could be a banner at the top of the B's forum. Its amazing how fast this fan base flip flops on the team, players, coaches, staff, management.
Bruins have a 1st line when bergy is playing but other then that,a 3rd line that krejci supposedly centers and 2 fourth lines..do you honestly think this team is going anywhere?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
People seem to forget Kaberle was tied for the lead in points by defensemen in that playoff run. I would never have brought him back, but he didn't stink up the joint. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Lol good word.

Like horrific. Turn your eyes from. Why is that bear still mangling that poor creature type mauling.
It’s easy to say that now but did anybody think that when they lost the first two games to Montreal in Boston and were trailing the Habs going into the 3rd period in game 3 ? That was a team that came together at the right time . Let’s give this team a chance before writing them off in early December.

Reactions: Budddy

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bruins have a 1st line when bergy is playing but other then that,a 3rd line that krejci supposedly centers and 2 fourth lines..do you honestly think this team is going anywhere?

This year they have an uphill battle. I had them as a playoff team who could get to the 2nd round and I still feel like that's possible. This team is in a perfect storm right now. Not once this year have they had the chance to ice their best line-up. Their missing your entire top pairing and the #1C. The young guys from last year are hitting a sophomore slump and because of how many young guys we have, it's a problem.

Do I want this team to win the Cup this year? 100%, as a fan who doesn't. I wouldn't be upset though if they didn't.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This year they have an uphill battle. I had them as a playoff team who could get to the 2nd round and I still feel like that's possible. This team is in a perfect storm right now. Not once this year have they had the chance to ice their best line-up. Their missing your entire top pairing and the #1C. The young guys from last year are hitting a sophomore slump and because of how many young guys we have, it's a problem.

Do I want this team to win the Cup this year? 100%, as a fan who doesn't. I wouldn't be upset though if they didn't.

Pretty sure you are safe.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s easy to say that now but did anybody think that when they lost the first two games to Montreal in Boston and were trailing the Habs going into the 3rd period in game 3 ? That was a team that came together at the right time . Let’s give this team a chance before writing them off in early December.
Just going on talent and will alone here.

They had Bergeron -Marchand - Recchi/Seguin as a second line.

Ryder -Peverly on the 3rd.

Best 4th line in hockey.

Not to mention a 1st line that never let other teams touch the puck. Or beat the hell out of them if they did.

Compared to this squad? After they demolished the 1st line in game one of a series it’d be over in 3 straight turn it off after the 2nd period games.

They are 4-6 competent forwards away from being SC competitive. That’s not getting fixed in one season. Unless Sweeney goes nuclear and that hasn’t been his MO at all.

Reactions: lopey

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Injuries, man. They are the life-force killer.

I don't know where Sweeney is going with all of this, but I hope help is coming. If it means trading a D or something to bolster the forwards, I think you have to do it.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The thing that frustrates me the most with this team is that only 3 of Backes, Nordstrom, Kuraly, Acciari, and Wagner should be playing at one time. Whichever three they choose, preferably the first three I listed, should be your 4th line. With all five playing, you basically have two 4th lines, and you're not going to win many games with that being the case.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I know it sounds inane but does anybody else think the Bruins should try Backes between Pasta and Marchand ? I think they could use a big body and while Backes can’t skate he can give and take a pass and be a good net front presence for those two .
i would try anything at this point

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This team looks like a pretty big step back from last years, to the point that I wonder if they actually overachieved last season.

Management did due diligence preparing for injuries on defense, I don’t hold it against them that injuries were extreme. But 2/3rds of our forwards can’t be expected to produce reliably on a healthy roster, whether its due to the type of player they are or the reality of young players/sophmore slumps. There is nothing shocking about losing an important player in your top 6 to injury and the quality of offense outside of our top line is awful.

Given the age of our core I think taking a step back is unacceptable, especially when TO/TB are going to make it a tougher fight going forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I remember when this team would go down a goal or two and they would battle. This team goes down a goal or two and they go absolutely limp.
like late Claude era teams

I am doing my best not to over react, I think the team did as well as it could with all the bodies out and the bandaid unfortunately is being ripped off by opponents now.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Yes, I do. I mentioned this last night after the first period.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
The thing that frustrates me the most with this team is that only 3 of Backes, Nordstrom, Kuraly, Acciari, and Wagner should be playing at one time. Whichever three they choose, preferably the first three I listed, should be your 4th line. With all five playing, you basically have two 4th lines, and you're not going many games with that being the case.
This this this. Wagner and Acciari aren't even capable on the PK, let alone 5v5

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
With bergeron we had to pray line 1 scored 3-4 goals to win, 7ish forwards have absolute no goal scoring ability and our D can't get a shot through to the net if their lives depended on it.

Bruins are in big trouble. I'd be more surprised at scoring 3 in a game than getting shutout.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
The thing that frustrates me the most with this team is that only 3 of Backes, Nordstrom, Kuraly, Acciari, and Wagner should be playing at one time. Whichever three they choose, preferably the first three I listed, should be your 4th line. With all five playing, you basically have two 4th lines, and you're not going many games with that being the case.

This is exactly why I’m getting frustrated, yes I know top two lines should do most of the scoring but that doesn’t mean the 3rd n 4th line creates no offence heck I barley see any chemistry. Wagner Kuraly Backes mite have some yet they get into the offensive zone and mismanage the puck ..with a you got it.. no I got until it’s a turnover at are blue line coz they’ve forced it into that position.

Nord n Heinen haven’t been to bad together until the puck hits Noel’s stick yet Bruce keeps him there for his board work I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->