upload_2018-12-5_1-39-42.png

upload_2018-12-5_1-40-42.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sorry, it took so long to get the PGT up - I had tech issues

It was simply a surreal night - there were as many Bruins fans in the arena as Panthers fans but they never had the chance to be heard.

upload_2018-12-5_1-52-42.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Absolutely pathetic. Move the team to Quebec City please.

The arena overall makes money and the team keeps increasing in value.

The attendance was announced as 12,058 but in reality, it was about 8,000

@Ladyfan Did you like the venue? I think it is one of the nicer arenas in the NHL but the location is terrible because of South Florida traffic. A fan from Naples or Ft Myers can get there quicker than most of Dade County. You go less than one mile west of the arena you are in the swamp

upload_2018-12-5_2-53-6.png

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Finchster in July
The Bruins need to protect against a sophomore slump

Posters in July
How can a team "protect" against a sophomore slump that's stupid!

Finchster
Well I think it is a good idea to get one proven top 9 guy just encase a few of the kids have a sophomore slump

Posters
That's non-sense! We have so many good young players at least a few are bound to have a break out season!

Posters in December
We can't score any goals and kids aren't doing anything!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Absolutely pathetic. Move the team to Quebec City please.
Who, Florida or Boston?

Cause the way the Bruins played last night, they should be relocated to Siberia or Mars.

I’m for seeing how the rest of the trip plays out, because what else can you do really, but if they end up on the outside looking in over the next week or two, they should be open for business on the trade front. And I’m not talking about adding pieces.

I’m a broken record on this one, but having to go through Tampa at some point in the playoffs for me feels like a death sentence.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Its still early but this seems sort of like a wasted season so far. They didnt really add anyone during the off-season other than Halak and Moore. Think they were waiting on Kovalchuk and for Nash to make up his mind. Neither happened for the team and they had no plan C. I'm still hopeful Heinen, Bjork, JFK, and others will become certified NHLers but this season just seems blech.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Can they inform Jacobs that his team will miss the playoffs and lose money if Neely, Sweeney and Cassidy are not gone before Christmas ?

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
For the first time, I think I could have backstopped a team to win an NHL game. We generated no chances and no traffic. Every shift it seemed one of our forwards would attack the line 1v3 and turn it over with no support anywhere near them. If we did get the puck down low it would be a 1v2 board battle with no support. Everyone seemed so concerned with playing defense that they forgot they needed to score to win the game. The team last night looked like Dave Lewis was behind the bench.

We can do better, but something has to change in the lineup. Heinen, Wagner, Accari, Nordstrom, Backes, Donaro, etc... We have 2 lines of underperforming players and our 2nd line has 2 players on it that are contributing and one of those only started to recently.

I have to believe coming into this season this was worst case scenario for this team. Time to make some changes and shake things up. 10 games.... ok slumps happen. 25 games.... this isn't a slump anymore. Something is wrong. If we didn't get an all star performance from our goalies on the majority of nights, we would be discussing draft prospects right now and that is not acceptable.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The transition game.

We couldn't properly enter their zone, not even neutral zone for that matter - i mean we could of course come into the neutral but we were already a step behind.

Sluggish all over.

Impossible to say anything positive here; our patience is being tested.

Hopefully Bergy & Charlie come back soon, change the pace and stay healthy.

Kevan is missed too.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The arena overall makes money and the team keeps increasing in value.

The attendance was announced as 12,058 but in reality, it was about 8,000

@Ladyfan Did you like the venue? I think it is one of the nicer arenas in the NHL but the location is terrible because of South Florida traffic. A fan from Naples or Ft Myers can get there quicker than most of Dade County. You go less than one mile west of the arena you are in the swamp

View attachment 161747
We liked the arena but the game was pretty bad.

There are too many 4th line guys. It is not their fault. They are what they are. A few will be better but are just too young and need time in Providence.

Our D has too many holes with all of the injuries.

I felt bad for them last night.

After the game we drove 100 miles and stopped at a Holiday Inn for the night.

We are heading to Universal Studios to stay for 3 nights. Will will drive over to Tampa Thursday to see the B's.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Top 3 in the Atlantic is slipping away and their WC slot is precarious

The B's have been devastated by injuries and they needed to tread water and they are not doing that. Playoff math is a spreadsheet and the team is getting close to this

I want to be wrong on what I feel

upload_2018-12-5_6-19-20.png

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Top 3 in the Atlantic is slipping away and their WC slot is precarious

The B's have been devastated by injuries and they needed to tread water and they are not doing that. Playoff math is a spreadsheet and the team is getting close to this

I want to be wrong on what I feel

View attachment 161771

Lots of teams chasing them now. I dont see how they keep pace. Pitt will get hot. Montreal got Weber back, Carolina, Rangers etc will stay close.

Have a bad feeling this is the end of the cores window barring a miracle.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lots of teams chasing them now. I dont see how they keep pace. Pitt will get hot. Montreal got Weber back, Carolina, Rangers etc will stay close.

Have a bad feeling this is the end of the cores window barring a miracle.

So every team in the NHL can get better or hot, but Boston can't?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad