Post-Game Talk: The B's get swamped in the Everglades - Panthers 5 BRUINS 0 F

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Not sure where you're getting your information from. It's a ****ing ugly lineup, but this isn't close to being true according to Bruins twitter.

These lines aren't working. Cassidy needs to switch it up. I know its blindly throwing darts at a dart board, but we at least know what doesn't work. Marchand - Cave - Pastrnak isn't producing and Krejci - Debrusk isn't producing.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Cave - DeBrusk
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Backes
Donato - JFK - Wagner

Why is Acciari always in? Is it for his perceived toughness level, because I don’t see it. Therefore, there’s no benefit. He’s modern day David Backes just with less experience.

I don’t even like JFK’s game, and that is one weak-ass fourth line, but I don’t know...

This is the lineup I would try. Your most talent and experienced F’s on the 1st. Fairly speedy line second. A “somewhat” physical line for the third. And the remaining pieces on the fourth which hopefully gets matched up against equal or lesser competition skill wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Meanwhile, Cehlarik can't sniff the NHL at this point? Or Blidh? Or Fitzgerald?

I liked the compete factor from the former 2 above...haven't seen enough of Fitzgerald.

Keep hearing assistant coaches saying "we need to be harder on pucks." No kidding. Certain players just don't seem to get it.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I miss Bjork..

I get he wasn’t producing but imo he creates offence also has the nutz to push the net. Not a saviour but has the offensive tools were lacking.

I want to see Frederic soon plz 3c is a problem and extremely worse now that Bergy’s out

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think we both know the Bruins’ problems are too big for any one of those players to fix.

I’m not sure. Unless you are a big Spooner fan it’s essentially the same roster as last season. The Bruins strength last year was having McAvoy, Krug or Gryz out there at all times. Quick ups. The young D have been admirable but this team is playing Julien paced hockey with Julien level aggression from the forwards and Julien level D to D passes. They won’t at full health. Do they also need some help in the top 9? Probably. They did last year, too. But what level of guy do they need to add? How desperate do they need to be to make it happen? How can anyone know at this point?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I miss Bjork..

I get he wasn’t producing but imo he creates offence also has the nutz to push the net. Not a saviour but has the offensive tools were lacking.

I want to see Frederic soon plz 3c is a problem and extremely worse now that Bergy’s out

Yeah no way to I make a move before seeing Bjork back up with confidence and before Frederic makes his debut.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Cehlarik - Frederic - DeBrusk
Heinen - Cave - Fitzgerald
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Backes

Reactions: Salem13

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Meanwhile, Cehlarik can't sniff the NHL at this point? Or Blidh? Or Fitzgerald?

I liked the compete factor from the former 2 above...haven't seen enough of Fitzgerald.

Keep hearing assistant coaches saying "we need to be harder on pucks." No kidding. Certain players just don't seem to get it.

Was Cave not the best player in Providence at the time of recall? Yes. Has he made a difference to this team? No. Neither will Cehlarik, Blidh or Fitzgerald. This team needs their NHL D back.

Reactions: Krupp

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Someone else was bringing this up, but I showed in another thread, that while he has 72 PIMs this season, 20 of them are from 10 minute misconducts. Then another 10 minutes came from 2 fighting majors.

Why on earth haven’t they moved up Krejci to the first line?

Honestly, that's never occurred to me before, but i'd be intrigued by it....

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Was Cave not the best player in Providence at the time of recall? Yes. Has he made a difference to this team? No. Neither will Cehlarik, Blidh or Fitzgerald. This team needs their NHL D back.
This team needs their defense healthy (The defense doesn’t concern me) it’s the forward depth. They need a second line winger, badly. They also need a natural 3C.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I get that. But they havent even given Cehlarik a shot after the great camp he had. They have nothing to lose right now.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->