TV: The Blacklist

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
not dead, shes still in the promos for the show and upcoming episodes

Maybe she's part of it for flashback purposes?

Wasn't she actually pregnant which is why she is taking time off?

Thought i read/heard that somewhere...

Anyways, not sure what to think of that last episode...initial reaction is that it was not that good.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What in the hell did I watch with this last episode? It felt like a Metal Gear "chapter." or something..... Yikes.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
What in the hell did I watch with this last episode? It felt like a Metal Gear "chapter." or something..... Yikes.

Right?!

I was sitting there "wtfing" the entire episode lol

Yeah same here. I guess I know what the writers/showrunners were trying to achieve, but I would've preferred if they had done a two-parter with the FBI team investigating a case at the same time. One whole episode of that was heavy and quite boring.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I didn't like that last episode either, at all... but my wife loved it. :dunno:

Nothing happened for me. Felt like it was just dragging out what we knew would happen, Red would come back. Looks like the final 2 episodes of the season could be fast paced. Looking forward to it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Blacklist has left way too many questions unanswered and it's starting to irritate me. I love the show. It's one of my favorites on television. I'm just forgetting all the questions I wanted answered and starting to not care.

There is no answer on who her mother/father were/are that would make me shocked because it's dragging out so freaking long. Who Red is to Liz and her mother is starting to not matter. What was in the letter that was buried. What memories were erased from Liz and why? Why does Red still hate Tom?

I'm starting to forget some of the other ones like when Agent Cooper was blackmailed about something in Kuwait? Right? Just way too many unanswered questions. Just get some out of the way so we can start new ones.

Jan 3, 2012
Blacklist has left way too many questions unanswered and it's starting to irritate me. I love the show. It's one of my favorites on television. I'm just forgetting all the questions I wanted answered and starting to not care.

There is no answer on who her mother/father were/are that would make me shocked because it's dragging out so freaking long. Who Red is to Liz and her mother is starting to not matter. What was in the letter that was buried. What memories were erased from Liz and why? Why does Red still hate Tom?

I'm starting to forget some of the other ones like when Agent Cooper was blackmailed about something in Kuwait? Right? Just way too many unanswered questions. Just get some out of the way so we can start new ones.

Almost entirely how I've felt this entire show. I always feel like I'm barely up to speed on what is happening.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Exactly why this show has pretty much become background noise to me.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Someone do me a favor and PM me if Liz magically reappears, I'm out otherwise.

Not that I thought she was a particularly great character but the story was almost entirely hinged on her mystery and now the show seems pointless.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I'm slowly losing interest as well but for the reason that they just keep on brining in new characters higher up the totem pole.

We got to get Person 1. Oh wait, Person 2 is in charge. Hold on....Person 3 hired Person 2.

I'm sure I said farther back in this thread I love the episodes that repeated into the others but they went overboard with it. Earlier although each episode was almost a stand a lone you could sort of see how they related to each other with Red picking who to go after. Now it's just all over the place.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
By far one of the best episodes of Blacklist in a long time. If this finale bring us answers, then I'm totally 100% back committed to this show. The stories Red was telling this week were Season 1 quality. He was insanely good. Almost a mix of bad ass and Heath Ledger's Joker. Just tremendous.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm slowly losing interest as well but for the reason that they just keep on brining in new characters higher up the totem pole.

We got to get Person 1. Oh wait, Person 2 is in charge. Hold on....Person 3 hired Person 2.

I'm sure I said farther back in this thread I love the episodes that repeated into the others but they went overboard with it. Earlier although each episode was almost a stand a lone you could sort of see how they related to each other with Red picking who to go after. Now it's just all over the place.

I do agree. We need answers finally and it needs to stop being dragged out. At the end of this season answer need to be told or else I'm going to start giving up all the way. I can't even remember what I want to know :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Soooo what do we think leading into the finale? We know Tom's mother. We don't know much else. I think they are trying to do a Blacklist spin off with Tom... which is ridiculous.

What does everyone think? THey have one episode to win me over. I don't know if next season I'm committing to it...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
NBC is doing a spinoff with Susan Hargrave as the lead with Tom. Starts in the fall.

Looks like NBC is going the same route as their Chicago shows all existing in the universe.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
In a way, doesn't that confirmed that Lizzy isn't coming back? Because I'm sure the only reason this would happen for Tom is if she was to never return. Because if she did return, he would still probably be a regular on the Blacklist.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
In a way, doesn't that confirmed that Lizzy isn't coming back? Because I'm sure the only reason this would happen for Tom is if she was to never return. Because if she did return, he would still probably be a regular on the Blacklist.

I would buy that theory... Which in that case, kind of a lame death for her IMO.

And kind of irritating. Build up all these stories, not follow through with really closing any of them, and then killing her off in a way that no one believed she was dead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad