TV: The Blacklist

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So I guess my question... who really is the small lady (Mr. Kaplan)? She's always doing the clean up messes and what not, but I just feel she has a bigger role. The part at the end threw me off a bit.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
What? Didn't think that would actually happen. As much as Reddington makes the show as it is, the story line is was all about Liz.

Or maybe it's some kind of twist to get her to escape safely? Pretending she's dead? Although seems unlikely.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What? Didn't think that would actually happen. As much as Reddington makes the show as it is, the story line is was all about Liz.

Or maybe it's some kind of twist to get her to escape safely? Pretending she's dead? Although seems unlikely.

You never know, although I would agree it seems really strange going ahead without her. Especially since she never found out who Reddington was.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
It has to be a ruse of some kind. Kaplan taking the body away instead of medical staff taking her to the morgue. Red knows how to bluff his way out of things. Whoever is hunting Liz down will think she's dead and they can keep her safe for the time being.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It has to be a ruse of some kind. Kaplan taking the body away instead of medical staff taking her to the morgue. Red knows how to bluff his way out of things. Whoever is hunting Liz down will think she's dead and they can keep her safe for the time being.
Half agree. I think Kaplan is helping her get away from Red. The whole thing including the way the baby was born is getting too soap opera for me and I may give up.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Holy ****..... wow. That was a bold move. They can do a "fake death" thing... but I highly doubt they would. Red has his people working on it.

But wow. Talk about a main character dying. Wow.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Holy ****..... wow. That was a bold move. They can do a "fake death" thing... but I highly doubt they would. Red has his people working on it.

But wow. Talk about a main character dying. Wow.

The thing is, she was THE main character. I know Spader drives the story and keeps it going, but the camera has almost always been focused on Liz and her background and everything. I doubt everything is done with her, especially with some unanswered questions.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I really don't think she is dead. She'll have her baby in real life and she'll reappear during the finale. Been done before on other shows where someone is given something to make them look dead.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
It's definitely not the end of Elizabeth. The old lady orchestrated the 'death'.

This made me think, and it could quite be what you are getting at here, but what if it was ALL Kaplan who orchestrated this? As in Red doesn't know that Liz is alive either. Prior to this I was thinking Red was in on it but now I'm not sure. She was definitely the most concerned for Liz perhaps other than Tom earlier in the episode, so maybe she is going against her boss here.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This made me think, and it could quite be what you are getting at here, but what if it was ALL Kaplan who orchestrated this? As in Red doesn't know that Liz is alive either. Prior to this I was thinking Red was in on it but now I'm not sure. She was definitely the most concerned for Liz perhaps other than Tom earlier in the episode, so maybe she is going against her boss here.

I think Red and Tom are oblivious.

The fact that Kaplan was clearly upset with Red and asked to speak to Elizabeth alone... and then everything that happened when she was on the screen for the rest of the episode made me think she's the only one in the know... maybe Dembe and Dr. Nick, too.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I don't think she is gone but it was a pretty intense episode especially at the end. I was definitely surprised with what happened but like was mentioned before we've seen these storylines before when they come back faking a death. It will be interested to see what they do now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think her death was faked to get her away from Red. I don't think he's in on it but obviously at some point down the road he will find out.

Or she really is dead, but my money is on her showing up again at some point.

I did read one theory about her coming back as the Russian agent :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the one powerful moment is when Red was going to get in the car and almost fainted. It's hard to portray when your world is crashing down, but man he delivered that moment well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad