TV: The Blacklist

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
****... yes. That was the way to end the season. Questions answered. Everything came together. Wow. Absolutely awesome.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not surprising about the one reveal but the other one was.

Solid finale.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Took 3 seasons but finally some progress in the basic storyline! :laugh: It caught my interest to continue watching.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Does anyone like Tom Keen? My word.... :laugh:

[spoil]The Liz reveal could be seen a mile away. Not surprised by the Kirk/Rostov "revelation" either although where the story goes is anyone's guess. I mean, it wasn't exactly a happy reunion. Liz was forcibly abducted and Tom (who Kirk's flunkie ordered a hit on) and Agnes is missing. Still doesn't explain Reddington's connection either if he's not her biological father. Guardian angel?[/spoil]

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Since the show went on air, it's not a spoiler. I would say it makes sense. Red was in love with Liz's mother. The fire and everything happened. Red was going to kill him. It all sort of flows together.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Certainly not surprising she is still alive but didn't see the father bit coming.

Curious how next season will work with the spinoff.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeesh, this show has just gotten sloppy IMO. The father reveal to me doesn't make a ton of sense, with how he is... That, and it just came way too late. Does anyone even care anymore?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeesh, this show has just gotten sloppy IMO. The father reveal to me doesn't make a ton of sense, with how he is... That, and it just came way too late. Does anyone even care anymore?

I disagree with you. The reveal starts to make everything fall into place. We start to figure out Red isn't the father. We can sort-of guess Red was in love with Liz's mother. We can guess that Red probably attempted to kill her father. So the story all makes sense.

Now that we are identifying the family, the final 2 seasons are going to all fall into place. If anything, it brought me back in. I think Liz being alive is the right call, even though very obvious. I think Red not being the father is great.

The major thing to do is STICK with the story. The constant changes are pushing the fans away. Just stick with the story and take us for 2 more seasons.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I have to ask then. Why will Tom have his own spin off show now and won't be in the main show now? What will keep him from showing up in the main show often or weekly?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well this thread died quickly.

Is the spinoff any good? It began yesterday.

Guess ratings are better for the main show than I would have thought, because I never really understood how/why a spinoff is even a thing.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There was it? Curious enough to know, but don't have any desire to start watching again anytime soon. Nothing ever freakin happens to progress the storylines. :rant:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Red's and Liz's relationship

Only took 100 episodes then. :laugh:

Wonder how their ratings compare now to the first 2 seasons. I don't know anyone who actually watches anymore, where as quite a few of my friends enjoyed the first 2+ seasons. I swear my wife never gives up on any shows. Ever... And even she gave up mid season 3.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'd had enough even though I wasn't as hard on the series as this thread. I've had the last 5 episodes on the DVR in what seems forever.

So glad I went back and finally finished it.

Maybe being away a while helped, but I watched 3 Ep's last night and the 2 part season finale tonight. These Ep's were what kept me watching in the first place.

Now I'm looking forward to next season.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Every week I keep thinking the writing can't get worse and keeps out doing itself. I don't know why I watch anymore. Anyone else still watch this dumpster fire?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad