TV: The Blacklist

DannoManno*

Anyone catch the pilot? I love James Spader as a tv actor... And so far this show is awesome. Havent had a great FBI show since fringe, so hoping this show fills the void!

Discuss :handclap:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Ugh the pilot was all over the place: very confusing with so many different things happening all the time. The ending was good and made me want to watch the next episode.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
It was decent. Spader was great but the rest of the cast was pretty bland.

By the way, what the hell was up with the two seconds of a hard rock cover of "99 Problems" at the end? :biglaugh:

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
The first episode definitely drew my interest. I'll watch it again... I just hope it doesn't go the route of Alcatraz, where they chase down someone new every single episode. Much bigger fan of longer story arcs with villains that you can get to know.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
basically it seems to be a standard 24/ncis style show with spader carrying it.

i'm not sure spader's enough to make it survive.

DannoManno*

I'd say Spader has enough talent to carry even the ********* of shows. The office was literally falling apart without Michael Scott, and Robert California brought it all back together.

Comedy, drama, whatever, James Spader is epic, and I'll be watching this show for some epic moments which I know for sure Spader will deliver, but probably some surprises from the rest of the cast as well.

It's about time there's been a great Sunday show on network again, hope this show turns out to be great!

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I'd say Spader has enough talent to carry even the ********* of shows. The office was literally falling apart without Michael Scott, and Robert California brought it all back together.

Comedy, drama, whatever, James Spader is epic, and I'll be watching this show for some epic moments which I know for sure Spader will deliver, but probably some surprises from the rest of the cast as well.

It's about time there's been a great Sunday show on network again, hope this show turns out to be great!

It's a Monday night show.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I will say I find the female lead a bit lacking. It's probably a good thing she has to go up against Spader every week as he's a strong enough presence to carry her. Probably by design.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Liked it enough to watch again and think I will end up absolutely loving it in the next 4-5 episodes, or absolutely hate it and stop watching before the first season is over.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Really enjoyed the pilot, even though we'd seen pretty much the whole thing in previews. My big worry is how well they'll be able to deal with dragging out his true motivations. A great part of the show is wondering what he's up to, but how long can that last?

One thing I thought was pretty weak was how hard they implied that she is his daughter. Hopefully that is just a red herring.

Shameus

Jul 1, 2004
Middle of a Migraine
[spoil] suspect that she is his daughter and just does not know it[/spoil]

[spoil]she can't be the daughter he left because she(the agent) mentioned her. Could she be illegitimate.....maybe but I don't think they are going to go there. I wonder though if they are going to make the husband one of his men who he sent to get close to her? I wonder if he knew her father/mother and promised to look after her as some sort of debt?[/spoil]

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Theres good cheesy, and then theres blacklist cheesy, the commercials for this show make me really uncomfortable,

coooooooooorny

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
[spoil]she can't be the daughter he left because she(the agent) mentioned her. Could she be illegitimate.....maybe but I don't think they are going to go there. I wonder though if they are going to make the husband one of his men who he sent to get close to her? I wonder if he knew her father/mother and promised to look after her as some sort of debt?[/spoil]

Well, TV shows do have a tendency to make **** up as they go along, take prison break, the mother is basically dug up from the grave and turned into the main villain, theres no way she wasn't dead and shes brought to life by some writers throwing **** at a wall, then it turns out they're not really brothers when the creators said they actually picked the actors because they looked like brothers and the mothers explanation is something like "haven't you ever wondered why you had different colored eyes" or some bs

my memory is failing me but so many wtf moments on the show. I would not be surprised if they only wrote like half a season for that show before they ran out of ideas. This show seems like one of those.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Second episode was a bit better than the first, but really, no one in the Fed is the least bit bothered that Red just killed someone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad