The Big Moose

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Are not many players in the league that can get off one timers from that side of the ice that Mikko scored last night, he has an unreal one timer

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Rantanen has some of the best hand eye coordination I’ve ever seen in the NHL to be honest.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
He’s taken som heat in the playoffs, but shout out to the Moose for making a couple huge plays to force game 7.

Not many guys in the league have the hands to laser a puck out of the air like this.

Hard to see on this video, but he had an awesome touch pass to Cale on his goal. So quick you can barely see it.

I though this past game was his best game in the bubble so far. Hopefully he can continue. :nod:

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
What do you guys think Rantanens ceiling is right now? Like at times he seems so dominant other nights hes kinda invisible for stretches.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What do you guys think Rantanens ceiling is right now? Like at times he seems so dominant other nights hes kinda invisible for stretches.

If he can stay healthy he should be a 100-point player, especially if he's stapled to Nathan MacKinnon's wing the whole time. But he has to stay healthy.

The good news is that even on nights where you could swear he stinks up the joint, he still somehow manages to find his way onto the score sheet.

I know I'm being super-rosy with my projections. 100 points is very hard to achieve in the NHL. But I think he can do it or come close while he's in his prime. That said, Marian Hossa, whose style is very similar to Mikko's only hit 100 points once IIRC.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mikko can definitely hit 100 points if he stays focused and healthy.

He slept walked through a lot of playoff games, but still managed to rack up points from his talent, and playing with MacKinnon. A focused Mikko can dominate just as much, if not more so than Nate.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If he has a full healthy season I’ll be disappointed if Rantanen doesn’t at least hit 85 points. I need those tight turns in the offensive zone back in my life.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
If he can stay healthy he should be a 100-point player, especially if he's stapled to Nathan MacKinnon's wing the whole time. But he has to stay healthy.

The good news is that even on nights where you could swear he stinks up the joint, he still somehow manages to find his way onto the score sheet.

I know I'm being super-rosy with my projections. 100 points is very hard to achieve in the NHL. But I think he can do it or come close while he's in his prime. That said, Marian Hossa, whose style is very similar to Mikko's only hit 100 points once IIRC.
I am 100% on the rosy glasses with mikko too thats why I was asking. I feel the rest of the league still underrating him substantially. Especially with a center like Nate 100 points seems possible for years and he's just entering his prime.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
The big thing I want to see from Rantanen, is for him to start asserting himself more frequently. There's games where you just seem him take over and he makes some of the most ridiculous passes to set up his teammates for tap ins. There are other games where he's slow to the puck, and just floating waiting for MacKinnon to make a play.

While I love MacK and Rantanen together, I still think it may be the best for the organization to split them up and have Rantanen be the top dog on his line. That still gives them the option to put the 9296 line back together when the team is down.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
20200917_211911.jpg

Mikko just came home today! 20 pounds, biggest of the litter, earning that Big Moose nickname.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
The big thing I want to see from Rantanen, is for him to start asserting himself more frequently. There's games where you just seem him take over and he makes some of the most ridiculous passes to set up his teammates for tap ins. There are other games where he's slow to the puck, and just floating waiting for MacKinnon to make a play.

While I love MacK and Rantanen together, I still think it may be the best for the organization to split them up and have Rantanen be the top dog on his line. That still gives them the option to put the 9296 line back together when the team is down.
I agree with this. I think when Mikko plays with Nate, a lot of the time he starts to defer instead of driving the play. They should at least try to let him be the top dog in his own line. It's not like Nate totally needs Mikko at this point either, he was putting up points while centering Calvert and Nieto at one point.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Agreed. Avs were firing on all cylinders when Rantanen was carrying his own line in the 2019 playoffs. Signing Taylor Hall would be perfect for implementing a legit 2 top line approach.

Hall - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen

Reactions: katfude

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Agreed. Avs were firing on all cylinders when Rantanen was carrying his own line in the 2019 playoffs. Signing Taylor Hall would be perfect for implementing a legit 2 top line approach.

Hall - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Landeskog - Kadri - Rantanen

Hall likes to drive the puck on his own line

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
MacK will sit him down and tell him to do what he's told.

It’s more an issue of skillset. Hall is like a better version of Burakovsky in that he carries the puck and generates his offense himself. Playing him and Mack together would reduce the efficacy of both

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It’s more an issue of skillset. Hall is like a better version of Burakovsky in that he carries the puck and generates his offense himself. Playing him and Mack together would reduce the efficacy of both

Agreed, Hall should be creating with Kadri ripping shots.

At home

Bura - Mack - Mikko
Hall - Kadri - Landy

Road

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Hall - Kadri - Nuke

Obviously when Hall is injured, that pretty much solves itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad