The Big Moose

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hey all, I thought I would create a thread for general Mikko Rantanen worship and discussion.

What a treat to watch this guy in an Avs uniform. 6’4 220 with silky smooth hands.

I think he just turned 23 and is probably still a year away from hitting his prime. He’s finally getting his grown man strength and it’s showing out on the ice, with the way he shrugs off small humans trying to check him.

One thing I’ll say, this guy is an absolute gamer. He shows up in the playoffs and after no training camp and like two practices he throws up 4 points in 14 shifts. Unreal.

Maybe the best draft pick of the Sakic era, considering what he’s become after being drafted 10th overall.
upload_2019-12-1_18-24-44.gif

Last edited:

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
220 LB's and counting! A true power forward with unbelievable skills.

What is best? The hands? The vision? The creativity? Or grown man strength?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's such a shame he got hurt this year. I mean, the team managed OK without him, but just for his personal success, just imagine if he had been able to keep posting big games like last night all through November what his point total could look like.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's such a shame he got hurt this year. I mean, the team managed OK without him, but just for his personal success, just imagine if he had been able to keep posting big games like last night all through November what his point total could look like.
He will have many more years to top that. "Hot wheels" will keep up.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Slowly, but surely he looks to be getting his legs back. The little burst of speed on his first goal against the Flyers was encouraging to see.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We need him to get going after the all-star break. Starting to resemble the same season Nylander had last yr after holding out for so long. Missing TC and then getting injured early in the season has really derailed Mikko. His timing is still off and his playmaking ability has seemingly disappeared. This all needs to change in the second half when games get tighter and Nathan will get shadowed even more. We need Mikko and Landy to be able to play with Nathan and not hinder him the way they have been since they both came back from injury.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We need him to get going after the all-star break. Starting to resemble the same season Nylander had last yr after holding out for so long. Missing TC and then getting injured early in the season has really derailed Mikko. His timing is still off and his playmaking ability has seemingly disappeared. This all needs to change in the second half when games get tighter and Nathan will get shadowed even more. We need Mikko and Landy to be able to play with Nathan and not hinder him the way they have been since they both came back from injury.

Man, maybe it's just me but I don't by the missing training camp stuff. He was on the ice for our first regular season game. Hell, he had an incredibly explosive start to the season but then just completely fell apart (by his standards) after his injury. I mean he had 12 points in 9 games through October 21 (1.33 PPG) and has had 22 points in the 24 games since returning (.917 PPG). I mean this season he has looked completely off but is still scoring at a 1.03 PPG clip.

Whatever it is that is bothering him, training camp is not the culprit here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad