The Big Moose

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He should be home relaxing during the off season...he's played a lot of hockey lately. A long summer break for our top guys wouldn't hurt.
It's a two week tournament, and this is also part relaxation.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Does anyone know if the World Championships are televised or streamed in the US? Would appreciate being able to find some games.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It's a two week tournament, and this is also part relaxation.
I wouldn't call playing in the worlds relaxation. A lot of games lately and the Avs will lean on him heavily with the weak forward depth. Rants would be better off chilling somewhere for an extra two weeks.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I wouldn't call playing in the worlds relaxation. A lot of games lately and the Avs will lean on him heavily with the weak forward depth. Rants would be better off chilling somewhere for an extra two weeks.
The man is just built different. After a short summer, he plays all 82 games, has the second-biggest TOI of any forward behind McDavid, puts up a career year and he basically said: "I was prepared for another long run so absolutely still want to play and now I have a chance to play for my country".

Obviously you cross your fingers he doesn't get a scratch during the tournament, but other than that I'm sure he knows at this point what his body can do.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don’t give two shits how Mikko does at Worlds. Meaningless event.

Good for Mikko for doing his country a solid and playing, but I would hazard a guess that his intensity level isn’t all that high for a tournament hardly anyone cares about.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I don’t give two shits how Mikko does at Worlds. Meaningless event.

Good for Mikko for doing his country a solid and playing, but I would hazard a guess that his intensity level isn’t all that high for a tournament hardly anyone cares about.
It's also a remarkably weak tournament this year. The only star power is Rantanen and that's it. He should dominate, but like you said who knows how motivated the guy is.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Mikko (no points or even shots) and pretty much the entire team indeed sucked in the USA game. Today against Germany Mikko had a better time, especially the third period. Stats were 2 assists, 2 shots, +1. Both shots yilded an assists and he could have scored an empty netter if he hand't tried to pass the puck to a teammate. Close game however and not very convincing from the team as a whole. Mikko is playing significantly less than in NHL which doesn't help with getting used to new surroundings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad