The Best Player In the World

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Crosby is the best. Other are very good and bring great talent and skill to hockey. But Crosby has won everything and ask anyone on any of those teams and you will get the same response. He is the best. Even Babcock who coached some great players said Crosby is simply the best as he wins.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Crosby
Karlsson
McDavid
Malkin

I'd have had McDavid over Karlsson but as McDavid is still a small sample size and his playoff performance didn't meet expectations, Karlsson is ahead for now.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Paper thin difference between Crosby, Karlsson, McDavid and Malkin. I would rank them in that order now, regular season and playoffs considered.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Crosby
Karlsson/McDavid

But this can change weekly depending on which way the wind is blowing:)

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Bergeron is the best two-way forward in the game

Only if you place a much greater emphasis on defensive play, which would be odd considering we're talking about forwards. Crosby is the best two way player in the game, offense is one of the two ways... Bergeron is however, the best defensive forward in the game without question.

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't spend a lot of time thinking about this kind of thing nowadays, but I'll just say that I don't think McDavid deserves conclusive voting for this after one semi-dominant season.

Basically, one great season in the NHL doesn't make you the best player in the world. Were Henrik Sedin and Jamie Benn the world's best players after one scoring title? (I'm being a little facetious, as McDavid obviously accomplished more than they did considering his team, etc., but still...).

If McDavid has another season next year like this past one, then we'll talk.

At the moment, I'd tip my hat to Crosby. He's proved himself.

But for Crosby it does?
Not targeting you but the amount of hypocrisy by some with regards to Crosby is insane. Claiming he's the best player just after his 2nd season yet not holding others with the same criteria:shakehead

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
But for Crosby it does?
Not targeting you but the amount of hypocrisy by some with regards to Crosby is insane. Claiming he's the best player just after his 2nd season yet not holding others with the same criteria:shakehead

Crosby was 6th in scoring his rookie year, dominated the WHC's that spring, was clearly more productive than Thornton who had only one year of "best player" under his belt, and looked very good in his first playoffs. At worst he was 1A with Thornton.

McDavid has an unfinished 1st year, albeit an impressive one, did not separate himself from Crosby in the regular season on a per game basis; the player who has been #1/1A for 11 seasons, and did not do as well in the playoffs.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
This. .
No one is even close to challenging these three, all will be first ballot HOFers.

Malkin (you know, the current leading POs scorer who's scored 95 pts in 79 games this season) says hi.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It's Crosby and it's not even close. McDavid has a LOT of work to do to get to Crosby's level defensively.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
But for Crosby it does?

We know some Oiler fans at desperate for the "anointing" so they can shift their focus to convincing us that Drasiatil is 2nd best.

It is Crosby, McDavid my steal that title next year but he may not. Time will tell. I would argue McDavid needs to separate from Malkin first, they at tied for #2 among forwards IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad