The Best Player In the World

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
McDavid

Karlsson isn't even in the ballpark

Did you start watching hockey this year?

Did you watch the playoffs where McDavid was an all world beater? Of course they are not in the same ballpark, Karlsson is still playing hockey as McDavid swings for the fences in Sherwood Park Softball League (co-ed).

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I'd honestly have to put Karlsson at the top right now. Noone tilts the ice like he does when he's on.

Karlsson
McDavid
Crosby

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Crosby, McDavid and Karlsson are the top three. I'd say Crosby is the #1 due to pedigree, and Karlsson #2 for the aforementioned reason, but they are rather interchangeable. Price would be in the discussion as far as goalies come.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Yeaa, it's not about just one play :) I see your point

But speaking of Crosby he is the more well-rounded player compared to Karlsson...

More well rounded than Karlsson...

The "well roundedness" is what makes Karlsson great, watch some real games bud. Karlsson is a better two way player AINEC. Find other reasons for why Crosby is still the best, I am sure you have never really watched much of Sens hockey.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Id have to give it to Karlsson. Guys like Malkin and Mcdavid are at least in the same tier as Crosby, even if hes slightly better. Theres no one else in the world who can do what EK can do.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Sid is the smartest but Karlsson is the best overall and MVP of the league. You could argue Sid has some MVP traits like great at leadership but EK plays more minutes and is dominant at both ends.

maaran

Apr 17, 2017
Canada
Pls excuse me(because I don't watch often Karlsson play) but hows Karlsson being on defence since that play?

''The Best Player In the World'' - should be the best all around player...

Karlsson is literally playing on one foot. But Karlsson is probably the second best player as of right now behind crosby. Then after Karlsson would be Mcdavid.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Crosby still crosby.

Crosby = Crosby

Karlsson > Crosby

Karlsson less Ottawa = not a playoff team

Crosby less Pittsburgh = A playoff team with a chance at the cup

Hope EK's new injury is not serious, isn't that the same ankle he twisted earlier on? I believe the fractures are on the left heel, while the right ankle has had the sprain.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
If we are talking all around, then I think it is Crosby. McDavid may have more offensive talent right now, but he is not the all around player of Crosby, along with captaining 3 Cup winning teams (he will win it again this year) and several Olympics.

McDavid will continue to improve in other areas of the game as he matures, and then he will surpass Crosby, but I think it will still be a few years until that happens.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
If we are talking all around, then I think it is Crosby. McDavid may have more offensive talent right now, but he is not the all around player of Crosby, along with captaining 3 Cup winning teams (he will win it again this year) and several Olympics.

McDavid will continue to improve in other areas of the game as he matures, and then he will surpass Crosby, but I think it will still be a few years until that happens.

I don't know why people keep saying this.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby = Crosby

Karlsson > Crosby

Karlsson less Ottawa = not a playoff team

Crosby less Pittsburgh = A playoff team with a chance at the cup

Hope EK's new injury is not serious, isn't that the same ankle he twisted earlier on? I believe the fractures are on the left heel, while the right ankle has had the sprain.

What does this have to do with who is the best player?

It's too hard to really compare a forward and a d-man straight up. EK is the best d-man right now, Crosby is the best forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad