the best division in hockey is the metro according to anson carter

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Hawks also traveled a lot more than Pit on top of only having 1 or 2 less back to backs. Even then they haven’t had Crawford for over 3 months. Back to backs isn’t why they fell but given your post history and your hot takes I have a strong feeling you have no clue about the other teams in the league and only your own.

A back to back with a 3 hour flight is 10 times worse than a back to back with only a 30 minute flight. Metro has it easier than other divisions due to only crossing one time zone and a relative small amount of area of travel, the central teams cross three time zones for interconference games pretty consistently

I’m sorry but people put way too much into traveling. These guys sitting on 1st class planes for an hour longer is not going to make them play worse.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
as for me it's pretty tough to rank the divisions. i would have central number 1 then the Atlantic because of the big 3 (TOR, BOS, TB) then it's between pacific and metro for last.

I don't think Toronto belongs in that "big 3". It is really just a "big 2". They really aren't much better than NJ or Philly, if at all.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Central has 40% too genius you claim to have been watching since Lemieux yet you have no clue how good the Wings, Avs and Stars were back then you are such a hilairous poster.
Also worth noting the common consensus on here is that the 06 Canes, 09 and 17 Pens are among the worst cup winning teams since the lockout and have the bottom 3 on lockdown.

It’s a shame they don’t take away the Stanley Cups from them because they were voted the worst team to win in your fairy land. They all still won the cup. Get over it.

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
Fun fact: the league's top 5 scorers are all scoring at a higher rate against Eastern Conference opponents than against Western foes.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Past 2 years it was the Metro, was not at all debatable either.
This year it's the Central, does not look all that debatable.
Atlantic and Pacific are still lagging significantly behind due to teams that somewhat inexplicably blew up (Ottawa, Edmonton) or that appear to be rebuilding if not actively tanking (Arizona, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo). Central and Metro both lack teams that bad.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
this season is pretty much done with. now with that said, what's your 1-4 division rankings? i cannot help but find the metro possibly near the bottom in terms of the 4 divisions? do you agree with carter now that the regular season is essentially done with?
My division rankings this year, based on quality of teams outside of top 4 (arbitrary, I know) would be:

Central
Metro (being very close to the Central)

Pacific
Atlantic

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Besides the Pens' 2 post-tanking eras and the Brodeur-era in Jersey (when the East was the vastly weaker conference), not really.

Penguins-5
Devils-3
Rangers-1
Canes-1

That's 10 Champions

Runners up-8

-A Metro team was in the Stanley Cup Finals in 18 of the last 26 Cup Finals.

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
Penguins-5
Devils-3
Rangers-1
Canes-1

That's 10 Champions

Runners up-8

-A Metro team was in the Stanley Cup Finals in 18 of the last 26 Cup Finals.
You are aware of the fact that the Metro hasn't existed for 26 years, right? (I always feel I have to ask what seem to be questions with obvious answers to some of the Pens homers, because...well...you know.) I mean, your premise is ridiculous; it would be like me saying the Atlantic owns the Stanley Cup playoffs because they have like 55 Stanley Cups combined.

Last edited:

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
You are aware of the fact that the Metro hasn't existed for 26 years, right? (I always feel I have to ask what seem to be questions with obvious answers to some of the Pens homers, because...well...you know.) I mean, your premise is ridiculous; it would be like me saying the Atlantic owns the Stanley Cup playoffs because they have like 55 Stanley Cups combined.

-Take the Canes 1 Stanley cup out and the rest remains from the original 5 of Pittsburgh, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Philly. We dont need the Canes or Washington. It beats any other division any way you slice it. Heck, Pittsburgh alone beats most of it.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
-Take the Canes 1 Stanley cup out and the rest remains from the original 5 of Pittsburgh, Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Philly. We dont need the Canes or Washington. It beats any other division any way you slice it. Heck, Pittsburgh alone beats most of it.
I love your unbridled enthusiasm for the penguins.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The Atlantic top 3 has a better record then the Metro because they get to face the Atlantic

Tampa, Boston, and Toronto have a combined 111 point pace against the Metro, 107 against the Pacific and 111 against the Central. The have a combined 110 point pace internally in the division.

Even if you exclude games among themselves it only goes up to a 119 point pace.

Bottom line is if Tampa, Boston and Toronto played only teams outside of their division and kept the same pace they have been doing, Tampa would be at 114, Boston at 112, and Toronto still at 103. Tampa and Boston would still be alive for the President's trophy.

The myth that the teams are only there because they beat up on the weaker teams in their division is just that, a myth.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Tampa, Boston, and Toronto have a combined 111 point pace against the Metro, 107 against the Pacific and 111 against the Central. The have a combined 110 point pace internally in the division.

Bottom line is if Tampa, Boston and Toronto played only teams outside of their division and kept the same pace they have been doing, Tampa would be at 114, Boston at 112, and Toronto still at 103. Tampa and Boston would still be alive for the President's trophy.

The myth that the teams are only there because they beat up on the weaker teams in their division is just that, a myth.
I think TB BOS NSH WPG and LV are the top 5. I'm saying outside the top 2 the rest of the Atlantic is weak. Central is killer. The Metro rolls really deep. The other 2 conferences are a toss up.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think TB BOS NSH WPG and LV are the top 5. I'm saying outside the top 2 the rest of the Atlantic is weak. Central is killer. The Metro rolls really deep. The other 2 conferences are a toss up.

Leafs are on a 103 point pace outside of their division, I'd hardly call that weak.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
him and JR say some pretty dumb crap!

Some idiot who took a few too many punches to the head

So why does anyone care?

And did some other stuff too. Like scored the gold winning OT goal for Canada in 2003.

I would say Carter has a lot more credit than anyone who has posted ”who is anson carter” here.
Now I know you aren’t insulting me or anyone else in here because We don’t know who some random Canadian is that scored a goal for Canada 15 years ago, right?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Record against East Playoff teams

Boston - 12W, 5L, 6 OTL +7
Washington - 14W, 7L, 3 OTL +7
Pittsburgh - 14W, 8L, 1 OTL +6
Tampa Bay - 13W, 9L, 1 OTL +4
Philadelphia - 12W, 8L, 5 OTL +4
New Jersey - 12W, 9L, 3 OTL +3
Columbus - 10W, 10L, 5 OTL 0
Toronto - 9W, 11L, 3 OTL -2

The two divisons seem pretty even

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017

-Pittsburgh played 19 back to back games while Boston and Tampa played 10. Explain...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Leafs are on a 103 point pace outside of their division, I'd hardly call that weak.
As opposed to the caps, pens, jackets, Flyers, and Devils all in the 100 pt range and the Canes and Ilses both were higher up earlier in the year until they had to cannibalize and the cream rose. The top teams are close on both but the depth in the metro is clearly better.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I guess it says a lot that the Panthers couldn’t beat any of them out for a playoff spot then.

Panthers suck too. What’s your point? That the division doesn’t suck because a suck team didn’t make it over them? Lol.

You guys are really reaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad