the best division in hockey is the metro according to anson carter

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
this season is pretty much done with. now with that said, what's your 1-4 division rankings? i cannot help but find the metro possibly near the bottom in terms of the 4 divisions? do you agree with carter now that the regular season is essentially done with?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
as for me it's pretty tough to rank the divisions. i would have central number 1 then the Atlantic because of the big 3 (TOR, BOS, TB) then it's between pacific and metro for last.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i have the central as 1st, metro as 2nd, pacific at 3rd and atlantic at 4th

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
this season is pretty much done with. now with that said, what's your 1-4 division rankings? i cannot help but find the metro possibly near the bottom in terms of the 4 divisions? do you agree with carter now that the regular season is essentially done with?

-Metro the last 2 years. This year its either Metro or Central. I also think the Pacific stinks. Atlantic is TBD, but half the Atlantic tanked on purpose.

Reactions: Wings4Life

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i won't lie. when i first him say that i could not believe he said it on air. they do have the 2 time defending cup champs i guess.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I take the top 3 in the Central and Atlantic over the top 3 in the Metro pretty easily.

The Metro is a bit deeper than the Central. Its between those two teams as it was before the season started. Metro, in my book, he been disappointing, though. I know Columbus has come on strong finally, and Pittsburgh sleep walked through the first half, but I thought Philly and Carolina would take bigger jumps.

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
This is tough.

I think the Atlantic has the premier talent i.e. their 3 best teams are better than those in any other division

However they also have the biggest discrepancy between best 3 and worst

Central is top to bottom full of good teams, with some great ones (Preds, Jets) and realistically their worst teams are still competitive (Chicago, Avs)

Metro has two consistently great teams in the Pens and Caps who are arguably top 5 teams in the whole league. However the rest is average. Not bad or poor but not really good either. CBJ are inconsistent as are the Flyers

Pacific is hard to read. They don't have any one outstanding team (VGK could be but we'll see how it carries into next year) other than maybe a healthy Anaheim. The big 3 of Kings, Sharks and Ducks is aging but are still good teams. The rest is like the Atlantic- downright bad

Overall I'll give the nod to Central, with Metro behind.

I think the Metro is one division alongside the Central without a pushover and a division where at the start of the season, each of it's teams can be viewed as evenly matched with an opponent at their best (outside of the real elite like Pitt and Tampa). For me this separates the two from the Pacific and Atlantic

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Anson Carter????

is it just me.... or...... who could care less what anson Carter has to say?

I mean, should we call up Boyd devereaux and get his thoughts on the subject?

personally I think no commentary is com9lete without Todd Harvey's take on it.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-The top of the Atlantic played the fewest back to backs in the entire league. Wont get that easy scheduling in the playoffs avoiding back to back hockey while other teams played twice as many back to backs. It seems Boston and Tampa fans love to exclude this point.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
This is the same Anson Carter who pretended he was going to buy the Atlanta Thrashers, Atlanta Hawks and the Philips arena? Yeah, no.

Central
Metro
Pacific
Atlantic

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
-The top of the Atlantic played the fewest back to backs in the entire league. Wont get that easy scheduling in the playoffs avoiding back to back hockey while other teams played twice as many back to backs. It seems Boston and Tampa fans love to exclude this point.
where do you get that info and how does the league believe that is fair?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Atlantic teams also traveled more with the Florida teams in the division which Pit fans love to exclude when *****ing about their back to backs despite that they travell a good 25,000 miles less than other teams

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Anson Carter????

is it just me.... or...... who could care less what anson Carter has to say?

I mean, should we call up Boyd devereaux and get his thoughts on the subject?

personally I think no commentary is com9lete without Todd Harvey's take on it.

Nick Kypreos is long time tv analyst and he was a significantly worse player than Carter.

Most hockey analysts werent great players especially compared to other sports.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Nick Kypreos is long time tv analyst and he was a significantly worse player than Carter.

Most hockey analysts werent great players especially compared to other sports.
don't care what kypreos has to say either....

these guys aren't really "analysts" as much as they are former players turned TV personalities.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Atlantic teams also traveled more with the Florida teams in the division which Pit fans love to exclude when *****ing about their back to backs despite that they travell a good 25,000 miles less than other teams

-Every team that had the most back to backs got smashed this year outside Pittsburgh and Columbus, including your blackhawks that are in dead last place in the Central.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
-Every team that had the most back to backs got smashed this year outside Pittsburgh and Columbus, including your blackhawks that are in dead last place in the Central.
why does the league not make it mandatory that back to backs are in the same ball park?

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
why does the league not make it mandatory that back to backs are in the same ball park?

-It should be. Its a problem that is starting to get recognized. Its also a trend. In the last 4 years including this season, the Pens have played 68 back to backs. Boston has played 50. Its not even close. The argument used to be the metro plays the most back to backs because of travel distance. BS. Pittsburgh and Columbus play the most back to backs and its been that way for some time. Even Toronto has played 64 back to backs, which is actually close to Pittsburgh. How does a team in the same exact division play that many more back to backs, Toronto vs Boston. Back to backs dont exist in playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad