The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
I can tell you the headlines. It's 12 meters long 7 meters wide rink that I built in my backyard. I posted this picture on Instragram and the next day they called me from the newspaper. Backyard rinks are not that common here in Hamar, Norway, so the reporter wanted to know why I build hockeyrink, my passion for the sport and why I support Islanders. You should have seen the look on his face when I told til I watch all 82 games every season! Priceless!
20191107_194121.jpg

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I can tell you the headlines. It's 12 meters long 7 meters wide rink that I built in my backyard. I posted this picture on Instragram and the next day they called me from the newspaper. Backyard rinks are not that common here in Hamar, Norway, so the reporter wanted to know why I build hockeyrink, my passion for the sport and why I support Islanders. You should have seen the look on his face when I told til I watch all 82 games every season! Priceless!View attachment 276475
Can we play here until Belmont is done?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I can tell you the headlines. It's 12 meters long 7 meters wide rink that I built in my backyard. I posted this picture on Instragram and the next day they called me from the newspaper. Backyard rinks are not that common here in Hamar, Norway, so the reporter wanted to know why I build hockeyrink, my passion for the sport and why I support Islanders. You should have seen the look on his face when I told til I watch all 82 games every season! Priceless!View attachment 276475

This is awesome!!!!

tenor.gif

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Fantastic. Here in Minnesota it is very common. There’s a friendly competition among many dads about who has the best backyard rink. Yours would be in contention for one of the best. Nice work.

Reactions: norwegianislander

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Nice! Mine is 12.2m x 7.9m, no red or blue lines though, and only a 2000w work light for night time festivities. Not cold enough here yet for ice though.
What did you use under the ice at the deep end?

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

But how many lawsuits did you have to win to build it?

Reactions: Costigan77

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
three questions:

What is the bathroom situation?
Where are the cupholders?
Do you have rail service from the east?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Nice! Mine is 12.2m x 7.9m, no red or blue lines though, and only a 2000w work light for night time festivities. Not cold enough here yet for ice though.
What did you use under the ice at the deep end?
5 degrees here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad