The Belmont Arena: Shovels and Lawsuits, a Long Island Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Wilpons are the worst owners in professional sports

My dad claims he has plenty of friends in NY real estate business who have told him the day after Fred is buried Jeff is going to start the process of selling the team. He wants nothing to do with it anymore nor does his brother or sons.

Reactions: Costigan77

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My dad claims he has plenty of friends in NY real estate business who have told him the day after Fred is buried Jeff is going to start the process of selling the team. He wants nothing to do with it anymore nor does his brother or sons.
Steve55 will finally see a shovel in the ground at Willets Point!

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

That will be a sad day but not as sad as some others.

BobbyBoDay.jpg

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
From your lips to god's ears.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I heard they tried to wire $17 million but wired only $1700 by mistake. Don't worry, what could go wrong?

No joke - My friends dad was one of the minority investors in the "Gang of 4" days, and knew about that $1,700 payment the day it happened. I remember my friend telling me the story and even being much younger, I was like, "what kind of an idiot thought he could get away with that?"

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The ****ing Wilpons. Of course.

1. Assuming this is true, is there any concern here that Malkin & Co can come up with the missing financing.
  2. Oh the sweet f*****g irony that someone who was duped out of millions by Madoff would then turn around and pull the same f'n trick.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
  1. Assuming this is true, is there any concern here that Malkin & Co can come up with the missing financing.
  2. Oh the sweet f*****g irony that someone who was duped out of millions by Madoff would then turn around and pull the same f'n trick.

I don’t think it will affect the outcome. I still think Belmont will be built. I’m just saying that it’s always some BS with the Wilpons. Especially when it comes to money.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
I don’t think it will affect the outcome. I still think Belmont will be built. I’m just saying that it’s always some BS with the Wilpons. Especially when it comes to money.[/QUOTEShouldve never let them anywhere's near this......losers

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Sweet irony? I’d call that pretty f***ing shitty irony IMO.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
17 million dollars is only about 1.2 percent of a 1.4 billion dollar project. If the wilpons can't -or refuse to- pony up I'm pretty sure other investors will be more than willing to step in.
Once you start pouring concrete, it seems like everybody and their cousins want to invest.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The Wilpons are the worst owners in professional sports
No one is worse than Mike Brown and his family (the Bengals).

Mike Brown took over in 1991 and hasn’t won a single playoff game, threatened to leave the city if they didn’t pay for the stadium with a awful tax deal to the Cincinnati people, hasn’t ever hired a GM and has his family and him make decisions, had a HOF QB (Palmer) say trade him or he’d retire, and his team for over half his time as owner has had half the amount of scouts as the nfl team that had second lowest amount of scouts. Yes, a owner that’s so cheap he never signs free agents, kept a coach in Marvin Lewis for like 20 years while never winning a playoff game, and has half the amount of scouts as any other nfl team..... is the worst owner in sports. Lol.

no one beats mike brown of the bengals

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No one is worse than Mike Brown and his family (the Bengals).

Mike Brown took over in 1991 and hasn’t won a single playoff game, threatened to leave the city if they didn’t pay for the stadium with a awful tax deal to the Cincinnati people, hasn’t ever hired a GM and has his family and him make decisions, had a HOF QB (Palmer) say trade him or he’d retire, and his team for over half his time as owner has had half the amount of scouts as the nfl team that had second lowest amount of scouts. Yes, a owner that’s so cheap he never signs free agents, kept a coach in Marvin Lewis for like 20 years while never winning a playoff game, and has half the amount of scouts as any other nfl team..... is the worst owner in sports. Lol.

no one beats mike brown of the bengals

You sir...Get it. Ownership is everything, but to overlook Jimmy Haslam & Dan Snyder just in the NFL cannot be done.

And when charles wang was owner of the Isles he was right there as well.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
You sir...Get it. Ownership is everything, but to overlook Jimmy Haslam & Dan Snyder just in the NFL cannot be done.

And when charles wang was owner of the Isles he was right there as well.

yep. especially these days. You don’t have to be a big market or be biggest team in a big city. Look at knicks. Durant and Irving chose nets and that’s bc of one person.... awful owner.

with how easy communication is these days - any crappy owner is known by just about everyone.

Reactions: periferal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad