The Belmont Arena: If Your Construction Lasts More Than 2 Years, Call a Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Every time I check in, I get like an hour old feed, and then can only ffwd to the end of that hour block. Can’t seem to get a live direct feed.

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
I realized yesterday that no media outlets ever reported on ESD's involvement with Isles and NYRA before they pulled the plug on Belmont Park RFP Round 1, which may be another hurdle against Belmont Park Arena lawsuits.

Sources: Isles may eye Belmont for new arena

Newsday reported it in 2016, prior to RFP Round 1 being pulled. ESD lawyers have already brought this up in earlier court filings in response to Floral Park (so this was definitely not the "secret master plan" Floral Park alludes to). Ultimately the Village of Floral Park will lose this case - huge waste of taxpayer money on their end. If I lived in Village of FP I'd strongly reconsider who I have elected to represent my best interests - considering their current government is throwing taxpayer dollars at a project outside village boundaries with no chance at success.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Newsday reported it in 2016, prior to RFP Round 1 being pulled. ESD lawyers have already brought this up in earlier court filings in response to Floral Park (so this was definitely not the "secret master plan" Floral Park alludes to). Ultimately the Village of Floral Park will lose this case - huge waste of taxpayer money on their end. If I lived in Village of FP I'd strongly reconsider who I have elected to represent my best interests - considering their current government is throwing taxpayer dollars at a project outside village boundaries with no chance at success.
These court challenges and public posturing might be more about politicians/activists wanting to be seen as Fighting For The People and hoping to get some concessions/crumbs that they can use in campaign/fundraising materials. Not that I'm cynical or anything....

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Relax, they’re relocating the camera to the Iron Triangle.

Iron Triangle would probably be too tight for a multipurpose rink.

Thanks for your input. According to the Google map, Belmont Park Arena is southwest of the main racetrack, while Floral Park borders the north side.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Rainy day at the site. Not much going on.

There are a few portajohns right where Barzal is going to score the SC winning goal, though.
I’m glad to see the bathroom situation is being addressed.

Reactions: nyisles

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I like how you can see the curve of the stands in the structure to the left of the feed. It's the first thing that makes it look like an arena.

Reactions: periferal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad