The Belmont Arena: If Your Construction Lasts More Than 2 Years, Call a Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I'd hardly call this "big" news. If you know how to connect the most basic of dots you know know that L&M have been trying to make this happen (with Cuomo's help and Curran as a good foot soldier), and it's the NHL that has been hesitant to do so.

To me I'd give up all regular season games at the Coli if the NHL guaranteed all playoff games to be played there. The Coli might have the greatest home benefit in the playoffs and Barclays might be the worst. Make that change for this year and next and that's the best we can hope for.

Short of that then I just want Belmont to be done and the Isles to somehow fix their glaring need for offense.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
It's not collusion... it's mind control!! :scared: :eek2: :deadhorse
56748ac6fe2ebd1307c2ed9b4855cc43-0.jpg

Reactions: doublechili

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I never have been more wrong in my life. I’m so happy for this organization. Anybody think there is a chance they miss the timeline?
Miss it? They may finish ahead of schedule.

All sorts of steel beams were delivered and are sitting on trailers in the parking lots. You can see trailers loaded with them from Hempstead Tpk.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Miss it? They may finish ahead of schedule.

All sorts of steel beams were delivered and are sitting on trailers in the parking lots. You can see trailers loaded with them from Hempstead Tpk.

Which has to figure into Papa Bettman's calculus when determining whether they'll just have a full Coliseum season next year/playoffs this year.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Supposedly, the ASG will be in Miami in 2021. StL this year. The previous years were SJ, Tampa, LA, Nashville. I'd say in 2022 they might be due to come to the Northeast. Maybe at a new arena....

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I heard it on good authority that it depends on the cup holder situation.
Last game at Brooklyn, when everyone is tearing the arena apart for souvenirs before demolition, they should each grab a cup holder to bring to Belmont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad